Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Plum Villain

I only just got my hands on a bottle of this. And I wish I had classic Villain on hand to compare it to -- "A classic Victorian men’s cologne: a lavender fougere, with hints of lilac, lime, and citrus musk."

It's amazing to me how the introduction of plum to these citrus notes creates quite a mellow fruity blend, the kind that would be hard to tease apart if I didn't have the list of notes in front of me. In the bottle the sweet and tart clash a little bit, but on the skin they mingle and play well together.

The floral and fougere give it a bit of elegance and impart a pleasant springtime feel, almost reminding me of the lab's cherry blossom note. With a little wear I start to get these green grassy, fern-y, woody wisps that give me the sense of strolling through a very well-kept garden. I'm happy to report that the fruit notes, while gentle, still keep some of that initial tartness. A couple hours later it's soft and kinda breathy-sweet, almost like a kid's stuffed toy smell, if that makes any sense.

So I'd say the sugar plum element definitely dials back the villainy a bit! Even a villain can take holidays off.

This is very well-blended, it's hard to pick out any individual note unless you know what you're looking for. The florals, citrus, and sugar plum combine to make a sugary sweet flourmand. It's a juicy and purple floral candy, basically.

Sugar Plum Snake Oil has spicy, musky notes that hold back the super sweet sugar plum, but Villain embraces the sweetness and amps it up. I was trying to think which villain this would be and I think it's Yzma transformed into a kitten in The Emperor's New Groove.

This is immediately different on my skin from Sugar Plum Black Phoenix.

Sugar plum makes a nice addition to Villain, adding sweetness and a darker fruitiness to the lavender-lilac-citrus fougere. If the dark fruit adds any naughtiness, it's a playful type of naughty, like an imp. 

The lilac and lavender still keep a floral vibe over the whole, and the fougere quality is clear. But the plum amps the fruitiness up, and the complexity.

Lavender citrus fougere with extra sugar. Sugar Plum doesn't bring anything to the table other than sugar in this scenario. Medium throw and wear length.