Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Plum Snow White

This smells very good in the bottle. I get the sweet purple plum scent along with the Snow White! Applied, the 2 scents mingle more and I get a good balance between the plum and S.W. After a bit, the sugar plum is a little more dominant. As it dries, I am not getting much S.W. from this, but there is a bit there to keep this from going too sweet. Medium throw for me and it is a lovely scent. I think I am more of a fan of the plain Snow White. :)

I love sugar plum candy and the *idea* of sugar plum so much, and Snow White is one of my favorite scents. I've worn this one a couple of times and I am not sure how I feel about it yet. The sugar plum is considerably stronger than the Snow White on my skin, and as with most fruity scents and my particular skin chemistry, it goes a bit sharper than I wish. But, the Snow White does bring some balance, giving that slightly sharp fruity scent a creamy grounding. So it has potential! And as it dries down, it gets much closer to the skin but also smoother. It's very pretty. 

This is my first experience with the Lab's Sugar Plum note; I got a bunch from this year and took a break from what I'll call "heavy gourmands" today.  LOVE THIS.  In the bottle:  Getting a clean, sweet floral but extra--Snow White in a purple sequin dress.  On, wet:  This is SO well blended.  Getting that veil of fresh, ultra ripe black plum notes that just floats along with the Snow White.  During the drydown, it is almost a total dead ringer for a holiday scent that a Certain Large Chain put out about 20 years ago.  Lots of "sparkle" to this during drydown, it always stays light and "happy."  Several hour later, I'm left with a sort of pink floral skin musk with the tiniest hit of a gentle wood note in the background.  VERY wearable--low throw, long interesting wear and drydown. If you love Snow White you will ADORE this.  Office friendly, date friendly, etc.

I love Snow White and Sugar Plum Fairy (of which I have tried the HG), so of course this is a winner for me! The sugared, almost watermelon candy-type plum is very forward at first, with the chilly florals and vanillic tones emerging more as it wears, like a cool musk beneath the plum. The sugar plum does have similarities to the plum in Bordello, but I also realized the other day that Sugar Plum Snow White, in particular among the sugar plum variants I've tried, reminds me of the plum blossom and vanilla sandalwood combination in Lovers in a Ricefield. I will definitely treasure this one. 

Sugary plum and almond. This is if Snow White basically doused herself in sweet stick plum candy. Medium throw and wear length.

More Snow Plum forward. The Snow White is almost muted. After some time, i get a plummy sweet floral, with the Snow White note echoing distantly in the background.