Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Plum Golden Priapus

Oh, this is really delightful! The other Sugar Plum 2021s that I've tried have all been extremely sweet, like a shot of plum pixie stix. Sugar Plum Golden Priapus, however, is far more balanced towards its base GC scent. There is something girly and flirtatious here, but I only know it as sugar plum because I've been smelling it in other scents. In this form, it is a demure sweetness by comparison, although if you haven't smelled the other Sugar Plums, I'm sure this one will smell plenty sweet. I think it is also the least plummy, yet the most enjoyable of the series because it doesn't thwack you across the face with plum candy.

The vanilla of the original Golden Priapus is here but not as richly developed (yet?). Amber for sure, but not powdery, just subtle and golden. The resins of the woods too are more "young" smelling than my aged imp of GP, but lovely and subtle, sleekly unisex for a beautiful balance.. Overall, to me Sugar Plum Golden Priapus smells alluringly feminine in a cheeky but not blatantly perfumey way. I am rather charmed. I have been slathering it for a few days, wearing down my imp. Bottle-worthy?

The one quibble I have is that the throw is low and the weartime is even lower. I am hoping that aging develops this one's staying power and overall power. I would like much more of it. Yum!

This one is a much muskier Golden Priapus with a dash of sugar, but oddly enough the least sugary of all the Sugar Plum combinations. It is a slightly more youthful take on Golden Priapus, and could very much be at home with a Lilith release now. Medium throw and wear length.

golden priapus is one of my low-key gc favs, and it does play out well with the sugar plum addition here.  but something is holding me back from loving it.  i think the combination cancels out my favorite part of each element.  for golden priapus, it's that tangy soft pine.  in the sugar plum variation, i can't find it at all.  from the sugar plum, i'm missing that sugary sweetness.  in this blend, it reads more as a tart wild plum-type note.  i was hoping for straight up golden priapus with some sugar and plum, but this is its own creature, divergent from the source.    it ends up as a soft woods and wild plum blend. which is quite nice, but probably not bottle-worthy for me.

Edited by MamaMoth