Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Gingerbread Sticky Buns

Cinnamon buns with extra sugary glaze!! Cinnamon is strong in this, which I really like but I know some have problems with it. Gingerbread in the way background. Not sure I'd pick out the note if it didn't say so on the bottle! I'm a big fan if this! Very spicy gourmand. A great holiday scent.

One of my favorite 2022 Yules so far! Dusty gingerbread spices sprinkle a warm, lightly icing-drizzled pan of cinnamon buns for a gourmand that is intrinsically Christmasy in spirit. I get a lot of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg, with not a lot of sugar and in fact very little maple or syrupy sweetness that many gourmands tend to have. This one is spicy, and my skin loves it. I amp any syrup note unpleasantly over time, whereas spices mellow in a really beautiful way to my nose when I wear them long-term. I do well with most cinnamons, and I would recommend this blend to those like me who are friends with that particular spice.

The more this dries down, the more I am reminded of almost a Snake Oil kind of melange of spices and vanillas, with just a hint of gluten. It veers away from gourmand into a resinous, spicy not-quite-musk place that I am loving. Very very surprising for what you would think was just another foodie blend. Far from it, Gingerbread Sticky Buns has staying power for hours and loses its gourmandness at just the right time, when you no longer want to smell like dessert and instead want to smell like the delicious sex goddess that you are, boom, these sticky buns are here for you.

Conclusion: get your Delicious Sex Goddess Sticky Buns on!

Extra-thick and glossy sugar glaze slathers cinnamon-ginger buns.

Freshly applied, this smells like glaze four inches deep. This glaze isn't fooling around---I can imagine "icing"-fishing for the buns buried and waiting within its shining, sticky depths.

As Gingerbread Sticky Buns dries, I start to pick up some nice, earthy base note(s) that remind me of what I loved in Gingerbread and Leather from last year's Yules. There might be some well-blended patchouli or something similar grounding this one, and it's lovely. Gingerbread is a softer presence here, melting into the bready part of the buns and mostly adding ginger as a standout spice.

There's an almost brashness to the drydown of this that overwhelms my skin's ability to carry it. It is a strong baked goods scent, reminds me a bit of my first experience of Shub but I'd say a bit more overtly sugary/bakey. 

This started off as super cinnamon-y cinnamon buns swirled with ginger on me and remained that way for a while. You can tell the ginger is there, but it is more of a sexy ginger than a foodie one and the cinnamon doesn't want it to be the star. By the end of the day, it smells musky and spicy, like some other reviewers have mentioned -- it's not particularly foodie anymore and I feel like there may be a floral tinge to the musk? :think: There's a smear of icing sweetening the spiced musk at this point, and maaaaybe a bit of breadiness, but it is still more about the spices than the buns on me.

I know this is called Gingerbread Sticky Buns, but I could see this scent fitting in right along with the Conjure Bag scents.

I was expecting something like cinnamon buns or hot cross buns, which this certainly wasn't.  Gingerbread with a very strong yeasty bread note to begin with, but dries down to something very much like Three Witches.  Unexpected but a lovely non-foody ginger and clove skin scent.

I have Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Buns which I absolutely love so naturally I had to snag this one also. 

Hnnnrgghh!!! Warm gingerbread spices with sweet sugary glaze and a ton of cinnamon. I will never ever not want to smell like a fresh baked good. I don’t need to keep reapplying this as the staying power is pretty good but I do because I want that hit 🤣

Sugary gingerbread buns. Basically take cinnamon buns but make them gingerbread instead of sweet dough. Sticky, sweet,  buns. Medium throw and wear length.

Well it's alright. The cinnamon gave me a reaction but I was a dummy and tried it on my inner elbow. :smite:  I think this is the same gingerbread as Gingerbread and Leather, so that's a plus. The sticky buns do smell like sticky buns.

Thankfully, the reaction goes away and the cinnamon doesn't go into wet cigarette wrapper territory on my skin (a miracle). It is a bit more papery than I would like. I'll keep the decant for the holidays, but will reach for G&L more. On the right skin this would be glorious.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak