Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Gingerbread Limoncello

A nice light lemon, maybe a teeny bit of vodka? It’s not too sugary, not too cologne-y either. I don’t get much Gingerbread but I really love the lemon notes I’m getting. May upgrade to a bottle; I think this will actually be an amazing summer scent. 

Edited by frizzlechicken

This is a whole lot of lemon, backed by a bit of grain representing the gingerbread, but it's not registering as gingerbread to me. The lemon combined with the hint of the gingerbread note makes me think this is a very intensely lemony version of a LÖÖP. But it isn't sugary enough to be cereal -- it just teeters on that. And this is how it remains for a while, until the lemon calms down and there's just a teeny bit of gingerbread spices, and then, by the end of the day, it morphs again and is lemon-tinged booze. I think I'm reminded of the alcohol note in 21, but without any juniper.

I'll have to slather this on for a full day of wear to determine if I need more of this, but I can definitely say Gingerbread Limoncello >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gingerbread and Lemon Sugar (neither are particularly gingerbread-y, but the limoncello note is a nicer lemon to my nose).

ETA: It morphed again after that and became more lemon than alcohol! And the lemon was giving me Trumpet Honeysuckle and Lemon Bee Balm vibes! :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Lemon and warm spices! I wouldn't've said gingerbread as much as the spices in gingerbread - there's not a baked goods note, just the cozy rich spices. It's not as sweet as I was expecting, though there is some sweetness - it's limoncello, versus lemon sugar. But there is still the lemon-syrup sweetness that's in limoncello, so that's present! It's not very boozy, either. It's interestingly complex, overall!

It's fairly low throw, but seems to be sticking around for a while, and I like it!

UM? i like this??? i thought i would hate it, but it’s so good!

so, it smells a lot like those flower shaped iced lemon cookies on me, + some sweet gingerbread. no cinnamon amping here! really good. probably won’t go for a whole bottle, but glad to have a decant :) 

Lemon ginger cookies. You know, the kind that are so toothsome they could take out a filling if you're not careful. Chewy, dense, lemon ginger cookies. Medium throw and wear length.

Pretty simple, the lab's familiar gingerbread note, and a slightly bitter lemony note.  The lemon part reminds me of Penis Bound With Gold Ribbon, a little.  

I love this, I'm all about lemon lately and I'm happy we've had a few different lemon variations lately (this, Penis Bound, Amor...etc).  This one is cozy and fresh at the same time, I think I could wear it any time of year.