Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Gingerbread and Rose Incense

I'm a total sucker for gourmand rose scents, so I shouldn't be surprised that I like this one so much. It starts off with a sugared, softly spiced and edible-smelling gingerbread. The rose incense is wispy at this point, but gets stronger on the dry down. It smells pink and sheer and romantic. This reminds me a lot of my possibly-favorite rose scent (it's hard to choose ok), Cacao & Sugared Roses, except with gingerbread instead of chocolate. It's also in the vein of Sugar Cookie Peacock Queen, but the rose is lighter and more playful here rather than heady and deep. I definitely want to upgrade this one to a bottle.

Fresh on my skin, Gingerbread and Rose Incense surprised me with a sugary pink rose blast devoid of gingerbread. It soon shifted toward a sheer (and less sugary) pink rose, which quickly powders up in a white-musky way. Sometimes I thought I smelled a little something like bergamot or petitgrain, too. 

This blend goes more perfumey and powdery on me as it headed into drydown. I started to get a ginger hint, but little in the way of gingerbread. 

Once dried, this one had gone full-tilt pink-powder-musk rose. This is a better perfume for others.

Rose incense and a whiff of gingerbread. This is mainly a rosy incense with some spiceds. Medium throw and wear length.

A bit of Christmas in July finding out I like this scent so much! It goes on with soft sweet gingerbread and a bit of rose. Smells like red rose to me, but only about 1/4 the intensity of Peacock Queen. It's also like burning an incense stick or cone, in that the incense aspect of the scent builds over time. Gingerbread gives way to spiced rose, which gives way to gently spiced rose incense. The latter phase of this scent feels delightfully goth to me. Happy to have this in my gingerbread bottle stash.

This basically smells just like what the name says, starting out heavier on the gingerbread, with very realistic rose incense coming out stronger after a few minutes.  After an hour or two the gingerbread had faded away almost totally.  I had a neighbor a while back in an apartment building who burned incense that smelled almost exactly like this.  Too bad for me this rose or incense or both turns just a little soapy and sour on my skin, but I knew this scent was a risk.  

What's really funny is after quite a long time, like 8 hours, I really like what's left of this, still incense but the slightly sour rose has mellowed out almost completely.  Maybe it's floral-ish resins I'm smelling now?  Kind of like nag Champa, I guess.  I don't know if I want to wait that long for the good part, but it's kind of interesting that it happens that way.  Very long-lasting scent.