Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Moist clouds rolling lazily up and down low hills of wild grasses, sagebrush, and wildflowers, curling gently around gnarled oaks, majestic pines, and craggy stones.

In the bottle and when wet it's all very sharp pine, but real pine not disinfectant. As it dries I get the stone note, and the oaks but no wildflowers or grasses as yet. The pine is far less prominent now. It turns very light after half an hour, grassy but I can't find the flowers. It's almost gone after two hours.

On me, this opened with a sort of sweet wildflower smell before drying into oak lightly touched with sage, grass, pine, and stone. I really like the stone note when it emerges more . . . it almost reminds me of an eraser, but I like it? Everything stays really light, with minimal throw. Sadly this doesn't last long on my skin, but I really enjoy the misty mountain forest smell while it does.

Pine, stone, and that unlisted oudh mentioned in 15 Minutes of Fume are the first notes that leap out at me, followed by some sage and a bit of fog. Then I get a dark variety of musk... not black musk, but maybe something like the pine and musk in Thanatopsis? It's been a while since I've tried that one, so I don't know for sure. But this ends up being a mostly musky resinous pine and stone scent on me accompanied by some flowers and ozonic mist.

I was really hoping to like this one with the pine and stone notes, but sadly, this ended up being too musky for me.

Pines, softly menthol and freshened with sage, make up the body of this scent on my skin, but they're rounded out with stones, lichens, dry grasses, and a bit of a smoky/ozone thing that I think is the fog. 

Smells like dry, scrubby foothills.

Just like doomsday_disco, I get pine, stone and what I now know is oud.  Thanks to the unlisted oud, this reads as musky pine and stone for its entire wear time.  It's not a bracing musk but you can't forget that it's there and it does stomp on the flowers and grasses enough that it really just reads as musky pine and stone. Good wear time and throw, but the musk overshadows the clarity of the other notes here.  Too bad, because every note in here is usually something I love and would have blind-bottled.  Glad I was strict with myself and only got a decant.

Still lovely, still a good atmospheric, but not one I need to FS.

Menthol fog, soft pine, and a whiff of florals. But yeah, mainly a mentholic fog. Medium throw and wear length.

This ended up a little disappointing. I was hoping for a more pine-y, woodsy/oak scent with some stone. What it really smells like is a certain sharp wildflower (possibly the common sunflower? or potent dandelion?), sage, and musk. So, it fits the description, more or less, just the emphasis ended up being on the wrong notes for me. It's long lasting, decent throw.

This is a rather different scent family than I would typically gravitate toward, but after testing my decant I had to get a FS.

Wet: a burst of pine is at the forefront of this, but also my beloved sagebrush and a hint of wildflowers. I don't really detect anything mentholated (as I'm particularly sensitive to that), but there is something giving the impression of fogginess behind these notes.

Drydown: here, I start to pick up the stone note more, and in combination with the other elements this starts to smell like an expensive cologne with my chemistry. I've come to embrace some more masc scents when I'm in the mood, and it's lovely I think. After extended wear, this phase shifts and I'm left mostly with the sage and wildflowers (which are two notes my skin loves as does my nose).

I can see this being more of a niche atmospheric fragrance, but it is incredibly evocative!

This is very atmospheric too, not quite what I would wear, but an atmos spray would be great. It does kinda have a fjord vibe, than more floral/powdery in the late drydown. I love the concept, but have other blends for mountains I love more. I'm keeping the decant though, it's nice!