Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A thin cloud of haze rising from the ocean, flecked with ambergris and streaked with silvered kelp.

This smells sharp to my nose. Its been resting for a week now and its still as sharp as it was since I received it. Maybe the sharpness will lessen as time goes by but for now unfortunately its too sharp smelling for me for daily wear. It is most certainly an aquatic, and I definitely get the kelp, it vaguely reminds me of Thalassa the Galapagos Mermaid if you've smelled that it has the same kelp note.  Ambergris is a note I usually love and can smell in blends but in this blend I don't get it at all. To me this scent smells somewhat citrusy like ozone? and something maybe piney? Cypress? Its hard to describe. Its very cool too in how smells just like you imagine fog being.

This is an ambergris-forward aquatic, with the kelp adding extra green aquatic depth. There's an ozone-y note adding a cool, airy, almost citrusy quality to the scent that helps contribute to the impression of fog rising off of the ocean. It's a little short-lived on my skin, which might be the only thing holding me back from getting a full bottle.

A lazy gray haze hanging over the sea, and in no hurry to burn off for the day --- that's the image this scent brings to mind. 

When Sea Smoke first arrived, it smelled like silver and more silver obscuring a bit of aquatic. Now, on a second test, the silvered quality lingers, but it doesn't overwhelm the sea or sea kelp it colors. The created effect is a silvering film over the whole picture: gray haze, ocean, torn strands of kelp adrift and aimless, and general airborne sea spray.

To me, the smoke here sort of evokes smog, but in a way that feels more like inertia than panic-worthy air pollution. That's how the smog felt to me when I lived in the Valley as a kid in the early 80s; when we'd drive up into the San Bernardino Mountains, we'd reach a magical point of rising just above the smog. Then we would look down on its sea-like thick spread, and be amazed that we were submerged in that without seeing it as clearly. This scent reminds me of those moments.

Foggy Irish Spring. Take Irish Spring, make a dust. Throw in the air. TA-DAH. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle this smells almost exactly like Psionicist, which was promising because I really enjoy that scent. Interestingly, they don't list any similar notes, but there you have it. On the skin it starts out smelling like Psionicist still. Very much that blue/white musk: hazy, aquatic, refreshing. It then settles into a more subdued scent. The ambergris really comes out, which is a note I consider "okay" and there's an oceanic element, probably the kelp. Not bad. Between the two I'd probably stick with Psionicist as my preferred choice, but this is a good scent and, I would say, captures "Sea Smoke" quite well.

I could go there and also mention Irish Spring, wait I did. After a few minutes, it becomes much more subdued and I really don't get those vibes. 
Crisp, clean, refreshing, simple and classy, Sea Smoke could be a unisex, fresh out of the shower scent. It is a white floral with gentle citrus and grassy kelp notes. 
The combination gives it a calm, casual aura in the finish. This one isn't incredibly unique, but its so clean and inoffensive which makes it super easy to wear and enjoy. Definitely a "pick me up" type scent, perfect for summer days when you desire an invigorating scent. I do get a subtle hint of steam or sea spray, giving the whole this a futurist expression of grassy cleanliness. 

In the Decant: Fighting Irish Spring.

Wet: WHY DID I PUT THIS ON???

I did not give this a chance to dry. This is the smell of a thousand bars of Irish Spring soap going to war with a thousand axe deodorant sticks. Thanks, I'll pass.