Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have been testing this for a few days and it changes each time. For a few seconds I feel like I can pin it down - the raspberry, the sugar, the amber, the tangerine - but it is a peripheral scent. It is none of what I expect to smell, and yet everything it should be. It is intoxicating. It is atmospheric. It is unique. It shifts like a fog. I love it.

the one is not working quite as well on me as i had hoped, but to be fair amber goes weird on me sometimes. 

i definitely smell the tangerine, and it smells a little like Kakariko Village from Hexennacht, if anyone has ever tried that. it’s pretty light on me and it seems that my skin is immediately eating it and i can’t smell much of it anymore. 

i will test this one again in a few days and see if it’s different.

*edit Jan 5th -

this one is just a miss for my skin chemistry i guess, it’s just odd and plasticky smelling, but what i do smell of that is faint at least lol. oh well, better for my wallet as i was expecting to want 47262626 bottles of this 😂

Edited by kaileycatface

Raspberry, tangerine, and cottony cotton candy. Fruity jam and spun sugar.

The notes start as bright and distinct. But before long, they turn toward a slightly powdery, chewable fruit vitamin smell in drydown. That's less fun, but the opening was cheerful.

On me, the raspberry jam is the star, and it's even more jam-like than the raspberry apricot jam from Raspberry Apricot Sufganiyot. It's backed by some tangerine, spun sugar, and what seems to be a creamy amber... there's this creamy softness to it that kind of makes me think of Starburst, even though there are no raspberry Starburst, or perhaps a raspberry Mamba if it had the softer texture of a Starburst. It ends up being mostly raspberry cotton candy on me with hints of orange and amber.

I almost didn't grab a decant of this one, but I'm glad I did. I'm not sure I need a whole bottle, but I think I'll hang on to my decant to pair it with Pa-Pow HG.

ETA: I decided this one was bottle worthy after all!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet, this is a very yummy raspberry tangerine jam. As it dries, the amber fog rolls in and swallows up the fruit notes. It's mostly a creamy, smooth amber on me. I get a faint hint of the fruit notes, but it's mostly about the amber. This might be nice when I'm in the mood for fruity perfumes but not something super strong or sugary.

Just like katharina above, this reads as children's chewable tylenol from the 80's/90s to me. I get no cotton candy vibe from this, and the fruit notes are not fresh.  It's very sweet, quite cloying and very long lasting. It projects like hell too.  I wore it on my arm and it stayed with me all day, even through the sleeve of my sweater.  Made me a little nauseous, honestly. Damn, thought this one was going to be a full size for sure. 😕

I absolutely love Cerise fog! It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite trios, Cotton candy, strawberries and lime zest. I tried both on at the same time and the cotton candy notes are the same to my nose. I get the raspberry the most from the fruits and there’s a bit of amber that comes through. It’s very sweet but I love sweet so I’m very happy about that. I recently moved to Utah and the sunsets here have been this spectacularly bright orange-pink color and it makes me want to run inside and put this on every time. 

Raspberry jam and fog. Okay, this is odd. It's basically a berry version of Fog. Sweet, wispy, foggy. Medium throw and wear length.

goes on in a sweet tangy burst of fruit. reminds me of sugar skull a little, that same jumble of fruits with a little sourness. my nose is not intelligent enough to pick apart the fruits, but they're bright and puckery, and include citrus that's probably not lemon.  no amber yet. 

as it dries, the amber takes a huge step forward.  dries down to a light amber and dusty fruit blend.  sweet, but not sugary. 

hours later, i'm getting mostly sweet amber of a semi-powdery nature with a light whisper of fruit dust behind it. 

i wouldn't say it knocks my socks off, but it's really nice.  i probably won't upgrade my decant to a bottle, but i can see myself rediscovering this in the future and possibly regretting that decision. 

I really enjoyed the candy cherry to start! Sweet & jammy. Kinda Ludens "throat lozenge", but in a good way, because we all know those are really candy "medicine". But the cherry mellowed out quickly into a gentler sweetness. Then, it went through a candle-y, waxy phase (my main struggle with red fruit scents)... and then it disappeared! And left me with something cinnamony! Not the real deal, which gives me the itchy red blotches, but just cinnamon, non-fruity cinnamon. The chilly, damp fog vibe that I got from Midnight Fog did not really appear here for me. 

Light, bright powdery berries. The softness of it does suggest a "fog", a certain airy aspect. 

It does trigger a scent memory for me unfortunately.  
Take a bottle of baby aspirin, crush them all up and take a whiff of the floating powder. 

Still a fun scent I could see wearing to brighten a dreary day. 

Oh man, it is absolutely gorgeous. 

A strange thing happens on my skin; it stays close to the scent in the bottle, with strong swirls of foggy tangerine and raspberry, and the amber compliments it beautifully, and kind of grounds the scent, gives it this golden and sparkly silver atmosphere. But, my skin also makes the amber a bit dusty, maybe i need to use the word stuffy here.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad at all, but it's the weirdest thing, it brings me right back to a very specific workplace from ages ago. I can promise you that place did not smell that good, but every time i take a heave i'm transported back.

Bah. If it wasn't for this it would be hoard-worthy!! :cry2:

This scent is best described as sweet, but a bit confused. It is absolutely lovely, to be clear - the lovely jammy rasberry, candied citrus of the tangerine, and warm golden amber remind me a bit of the jam filled croissants at my favorite french bakery, albeit without the butter. I see with the candied fruits how it could read as medicinal, though I get more cordial than medicine. But there is something distinctly odd about it. It shifts wildly depending on how close to the skin you smell it. It morphs a lot over time. It is wildly different in the bottle. I like each version of how it reads, but all are different. Definitely lives up to the fog in its name.