Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Iced Apple Dumplings Plopped Into A Sweet Potato Pie

I absolutely adore this one!! This is every holiday memory stuffed in a tiny imp. Not a fresh apple; more like a poached, spiced apple. Sweet potato pie is a bit like pumpkin but lighter and sweeter, crust is buttery and adds depth. Perfectly spiced. One of those scents you sniff and sigh after because it takes you to another realm. I'm going to be on the search for more of these imps! 

In the decant: Baking spices first and then apples and then sugary icing. I don't get sweet potato or pie at this stage. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's sugary spiced baked apples, and the sweet potato pie scent starts to come out immediately upon application. Both the apples and the sweet potato pie, however, are short lived on me, and the drydown goes straight into apple pie spice. Fortunately for me, I love apple pie spice. 

Strong blast of spice at first, and then it settles into a truly delightful spiced apple scent. This is not like apple when it's paired with a floral, it's very different. Soft and comforting. It is not crisp, it's smushy. Very pleasant. As with anything with spice in it, on my skin the spice is the longest lasting aspect.

Wet: Baked apples and HEAVY spices. 

Dry: Spices, spices, and more spices. No apples, no icing, no sweet potato, no pie crust, nada. 

Not really my jam. I love baking spices, but not on their own.

I  really wanted to love this mulled and spiced apple delight with sweet potato pie musk trailing far behind it, but my skin started swelling and blistering.  If you are reactive to cinnamon, beware. 

I get a crisp green apple with a hint of cinnamon and lots of sweet sugary icing. As it sits I start getting a bit of buttery crust, and a hint of sweet potato if I really search.

I mostly get roasted and spiced apples backed by some sweet potato pie (more filling than crust). It lasted all day, although by the end of the day, it was more about the apple pie spices (although the crust is more noticeable after nine hours of wear).

The spices in this didn't give me any welts, but there was a point during the wet stage where the spices did give a burning feeling, so if you have sensitive skin, you may want to only apply this somewhere where it can be easily washed off just in case.

I think this one is a keeper, but fortunately, I don't feel the need to track more of this down!

Right out the package, it smelled astonishingly like fireball whiskey. I was violently flung through a time portal back to high school, satan turned to wink at me before restoring my conscious to it's current timeline. I figure I'd give this one a month.

In the imp: Rich, decadently baked apples, caramelized in brown sugar and cinnamon spice. Lying on a deeper, understated layer of a milky jewel sweet potato blend. I can smell an icing tying the two together, that reads like a cinnabon glaze!

Wet: Apple and Cinnamon hit the ground running, metaphorically leaving behind tire tracks. Visions of that gorgeous, foodie oasis burned away in front of my eyes as the infernal flames of fireball return. As it amps, the sensitive parts of my skin begin to welt.

Dry down: I lived. There is a much more harmonious blend between the generous sugar, heavy spices, and the warmth of baked apples and sweet potato. I'm picking up some sort of cozy, vanilla bean quality now, almost like a peace offering. 

This one rode me by the reigns. I'm gonna hold onto this one, but admire it from a far, lest I feel like getting humbled by perfume again. I would love this as a room spray!

Heavy baking spices. A very smooth, lovely cinnamon. Like the expensive shit.  And then, baked apple – mellow, sweet, not sour apple. Not as strong as the spices, but making its presence felt. And then sugary icing, a hint of vanilla. I am not picking up anything that shouts sweet potato but you know, its scent isn’t as strong as apple in real life either. I really like this one – some apple blends are too sour on me, almost vinegary, but this one is sweet and foody and just right.

I mainly get cinnamon apples and pie crust. No sweet potato, I think it just codes as spices and sugar baked into the apple for me. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet, this is a very tasty apple cinnamon smell. Unfortunately, my skin eats the pleasant apple portion of this perfume and amps the cinnamon. It does smell both like sweet potato pie and apples in the initial wet stage, I just wish it stayed like that.

First on, this smells like apple fritters and is so delicious.  Caramelized, baked, warm apples with a sugary glaze and a hint of cinnamon.  Then, within seconds of sitting on my skin, the cinnamon amps way up and the whole thing turns dry and reminiscent of cinnamon potpourri.  Sweet, dry, strong cinnamon, but nothing else.

Been wearing this for 2 days in a row and it clicked for me that it smells a lot like Lambs Wool. If you're low on these dumplings, seek Lambs Wool as an alternative.

I missed the window when these were available in 2021, but got all 3 Black Friday scents from that year in my most recent order! This goes on as a blast of apples-with-icing-sugar sweetness, and as it wears, it loses the apple, and primarily becomes mostly baking spices and really does smell like a candle. Might be nice to burn as a scented oil?

This is by far the foodiest of the foody scents I’ve gotten from the lab so far. It smell’s EXACTLY as described, and it’s almost unnerving how spot on it is. 

In the imp: fresh baked apple, slightly effervescent, with cinnamon and nutmeg. I’m smelling melting vanilla ice cream even though it’s not listed. 

Wet: very cinnamony, with a touch of crust. The sweet potato is starting to show itself, and the apple and spices shine. I’m not normally sensitive to cinnamon and the skin on my arms are fine but my neck is burning a bit and a little red where I applied. This one will probably have to be an arm only scent. 

Dry: the apple has faded a lot, the spices are still going strong, and there’s a doughy smell now. It’s almost like the crust somehow unbaked itself. 

Overall, I’m glad I was able to get my hands on this one and I’ll definitely wear the imp but I don’t think I need to track any more down. I wouldn’t be mad if I ended up with more though. 

I used the last of this imp today, & I sure wish I could buy a bottle. The balance between the cinnamon & apple notes is perfection on my skin. The sweet potato is a mellow base note, & the pastry stayed in the background (yay!) 

My favorite Black Friday blend.