Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It goes on smelling like a funnel cake -- sweet and foodie. While it was drying down I really thought I smelled a fruit -- something like cherry? Red currant? Not medicinal, nice and fruity. After half an hour it becomes almost all light cinnamon but still creamy somehow. Reminiscent of Chimera, on my skin. I'm not generally a huge fan of cinnamon scents but this one definitely has enough of a funnel cake scent behind it that is very enjoyable to me.

In the imp: The unsweetened cocoa and coffee of tiramisu. 

On my skin:

Wet, the throw is funnel cake, and the skin scent is unsweetened cocoa and then immediately brandy. Given more time to develop, I get cinnamon from the funnel cake mixing with the cocoa from the tiramisu. Both feel like cinnamon powder and cocoa powder. It's just un-dry enough that I don't want to sneeze. 

The longer I wear it, the more funnel cake I get, but both tiramisu and funnel cake come out beautifully here, so I'm not complaining. 

FYI - I do have skin sensitivity to cinnamon, and my skin turned bright red where I applied this. 

Wet: Cocoa powder and pastry dough. It's like the beginning stages of baking, it just needs to be thrown into the oven! Not getting any coffee scents here.

Dry: Funnel cake lightly dusted in cocoa powder and cinnamon.

Not getting more of a tiramisu scent, so depending on what you're looking for (and your skin chemistry), this might be a little disappointing. Me, however.. yes. Into this. 

In the imp I got potent coffee liqueur, but on my skin it has practically vanished.

The scent of fried dough seems to hover an inch or two in the air, lifting the cinnamon with it for a dizzying experience.

Leaning in closer to the skin I can detect more cocoa and powdered sugar. Without the cinnamon this would be close to fried oreo territory!

A delightful, smile inducing novelty. 🥰

It's an absolute crime that I cannot buy this in a bottle. I LOVE IT. It reads a little bit churro, but also more like horchata de morro (from El Salvador, made with toasted seeds + rice + cinnamon). But I definitely get a fried pastel smell that is very nostalgic that I cannot place for the life of me. It is wonderful. This is not a "too sweet" scent and I don't get much coffee. Just a vague notion of something roasted, which is probably why this smells like horchata to me.

The throw is moderate on my skin and while it fades nicely there, this scent fades into fried chicken in my hair. I need to remember never to use this in my hair because my next day hair smelled terrible. It did wash out though.

In the imp I get a super true to life tiramisu. I get the sort of bready ladyfingers, creaminess, a breath of cocoa, and of course coffee. On my skin I get the fried dough note instead of the floury note I got in the imp, and I'm pretty sure some amaretto as well. It stays pretty true and in balance. Absolutely delicious!

Take Please Scream Inside Your Heart and add some tiramisu to it and you've got Tiramisu Funnel Cake. The funnel cake note is spiced and smells too soggy to be funnel cake -- to me, it's more like bread pudding or French toast. So it's that note, but infused with coffee liqueur and a little cocoa from the tiramisu. It's spicier than you would expect, given the name, and stays that way for a long time, but eventually the tiramisu wins out over the spicy funnel cake bread pudding-esque note, so that by the end of the day, it's all about the coffee (and more cocoa powder) from the tiramisu!

I'm digging the tiramisu aspect of this scent, but I'm not sure if I need another Please Scream Inside Your Heart variant when the only one I reach for is the Snake Oil one. So I'll have to retest this at some point in order to decide, but if the Lab comes out with a tiramisu scent minus the funnel cake, I'd be all over that.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This starts out with the oily, fried dough smell from Please Scream Inside Your Heart, paired with a strong, boozy coffee liqueur note. As it dries down, the fried dough note fades, the coffee gets less boozy, and chocolate and cream notes come out. This dries down to a really pleasant cocoa, coffee, and cream scent. Probably my favorite of this round of Black Friday frimps and will keep it on hand for when the gourmand mood hits.

Wow, I love this! It's got the coffee and cinnamon bark notes from Pinched with Four Pumpkins, which I also adore. In this perfume, though, there's cocoa, more of the coffee note, and a bit of booziness. I don't get much funnel cake, but it is like a tiramisu made with cinnamon ladyfingers. I will treasure this imp!

Coffee dust, cocoa and a hint of tiramisu. Yup, basically if you want a BPAL tiramisu scent, this is it. Medium throw and wear length.

A big blast of dry, sweet cinnamon, so it doesn't really smell like tiramisu or funnel cakes to me.  On the skin, it has a little bit of that oily, fried smell and it kind of reminds me of churros, but churros with way too much cinnamon on them.  Dries down to tons of cinnamon and a little bit of sugar.  This really irritates my skin and is too strong and spicy, unfortunately.

This one was almost entirely cinnamon on me as well. If I try really hard I can pick out a teeny tiny bit of the dusty cocoa, but it's mostly just sweet cinnamon.

Looking for espresso and cream…but I’m getting heavy cinnamon, with just a hint of coffee and cacao. Now, I love my cafe de olla, but is this a mixup? There’s nothing tiramisu or funnel cake about this, just cinnamon coffee. Hmm.

When I opened the imp it was almost pure booze, with a hint of chocolate and creaminess. But once applied it was spot on tiramisu. I still haven’t gotten any funnel cake from this, and while I’m really loving how it smells I don’t know if I can wear it again. I normally don’t have an issue with cinnamon but my arm is burning quite a bit from the small amount I swiped on, and I’m grateful that I didn’t slather more and on my neck. It smells absolutely delicious but not sure it’s worth the fire skin.