Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookies with Extra Sugar

Sugar Cookies with Extra Sugar maintains its cookie-like body and presents the sugar crystals, as if "on top", during the dry down.  Despite the descriptors, I did not find it too sweet and even detected a buttery stage deep in the background.  Very fun, but not for impatient, it opens up slowly and has surprises along the way.  A win for me!  

This is wonderful! I am not a huge gourmand person at all, but am always tempted by sugar cookie scents. It really really reminds me of the cake note from Mari Lwyd, isolated and amped up with vanilla. It's got that browned smell to it.

The vanilla does a bit of a plasticky thing on me, but isn't horribly distracting. Though I do sense it floating around. It's quite buttery and not too sweet!

(Also, totally layer this with Alice if you've got it, as they make a wonderful combo.)

This one didn't work on me. :( It just turned into a powdery mess, even though I wore last year's Sugar Cookie the day before and didn't have that experience at all -- so I think it may be the extra sugar that's the culprit. It's not the awesome confectioners' sugar from A Breathless Chuckle or Pralines and Powdered Sugar, nor is it the lemony sugar found in Sweets to the Sweet. Or it could be that it's not the same as last year's Sugar Cookie, as I detect that powderiness that my skin is amping even in the bottle.

I'm going to let this one rest for a month and then retest it, but at the moment, it's my least favorite of the four Box of Cookie scents that I've tried, and I prefer the Sugar Cookie scent from last year's Yules.

This smelled perfect on my friend: a delightfully sugary sugar cookie.

But I amp the butter in this like a kid in the kitchen. On me, this is butter cookie with some sugar. My heart cries for more sugar. 🤗 But this has enough sugar that I still like it... possibly enough for a bottle upgrade.

Part of me wants some snickerdoodley spice in this. I also keep imagining how nice it would be with more sugar and the vanilla cardamom of Perfectly Normal Childhood/Lights, Camera, Something. I didn't know I needed Cardamom Extra Sugar Cookie, but I'm feeling it now.

Buttery Sugar Cookie with a huge, syrupy dollop of brown, dark sugar. Lots of buttery warmth up-front, and the drydown for me is almost all thick, brown sugar. Very much like Sugar Skull without the fruits, slathered on a buttered cookie. Its a fun scent, but I also amp butter and am wishing for more lemony vanilla or spice. Could be gorgeous as a layering scent if you want an extra hit of dark sugary syrup. 

I think this needs some time to rest for it to work on me. In the bottle it smells like a buttery brown sugar cookie. Wet on my skin, it goes plasticky. After it dries, the plastic mostly fades away and I get a powdery sugar cookie. It smells very close to being delicious all the way through, so I think that if I wait a month or so this will be wearable for me. In the mean time, I've been using it for layering because it is mostly a fun, sugary perfume that pairs well with many other perfumes I have.

Super sugary Sugar Cookie. As advertised. If you ever wanted Sugar Cookie to douse itself in even more sugar, the Lab has obliged. You want sugar? You want cookies? You want to rot your teeth by smelling a perfume? It's that kind of trifecta. Medium throw and wear length.

This starts off smelling a lot like Jumbles (a rich butter cookie rolled in sugar and spice), then ends smelling a lot like Antique Lace (without the lace part). So comforting! 

Jumbles from an old cookbook called, The Cook Not Mad, 1831:

Half a pound of butter, half a pound of sugar, three quarters of a pound of flour, two eggs, rolled in sugar and nutmeg; to be dropped on tins to bake.

This is a delicious buttery sugar cookie with those sugar crystals on top. So yummy and sweet. A less spicy classic sugar cookie. I love it. Medium throw and wear length 😋