Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookie Snake Oil

Just got this delivered... had to test ASAP! Sniffing in the bottle, it is a little weak.  However, on my skin, I get what seems like musk. Maybe after it warms up a bit from the mailbox, it will be different. Interested in other reviews to see if anyone else is getting a musk scent

Edit to add, I keep getting musk out of this. I hope there wasn't a mix up with bottles & labels. 

Woke up this morning and can still smell musk on me from this. I really think I got a mislabeled bottle.. and it makes me sad! I do not like musk and it is all I am smelling. Adding it to my swap/sell page. :( 

Edited by Numanoid

Straight from the Mailer:

In the bottle it's very light in both the Sugar Cookie and the SN. I feel the ageing process may allow it to strengthen. 

On skin...no sweetie sugar bomb here, the spices from the Sugar Cookie are politely supporting the SN base in the background. 

After a second testing and allowing it to sit for 3 days after possible mail shock:

I am finding this absolutely lovely!  Not an in- your-face scent, but a soft Snake Oil with a velvety round edge.  I even got it by my scent intolerant partner. It's a keeper and I will reach for it this Holiday! 

Edited by Fiam
Second testing

A very soft scent, which is surprising to me because neither Snake Oil nor Sugar Cookie were ever soft on me. I've worn it a couple of times, and I can only smell it if my nose is right next to my wrist. And when I get super close to it, I mostly smell... cinnamon? If I didn't know there was Snake Oil in this, I wouldn't have guessed there was Snake Oil in this.

I will let it sit and age for a bit before I make up my mind.

This is mostly about the fresh Snake Oil spices, patchouli, and musk with some syrupy sugariness coming out after a few hours, adding some welcome sweetness to the scent.

I'm going to set this one aside and retest it after it has had some time to age. At the moment, it's a like, but not a love, but I'd really like to see it be re-released when the Lab has Snake Oil's vanilla back -- I think that that note would really elevate this combo.

ETA: I let this age for a year and it's mostly about Snake Oil's musk and the brown sugary cookie note. I wish I were getting Snake Oil's vanilla and more of its spices from this, but after a year of aging and still not loving it, it is time to let it go.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle, I smell the sugar cookie! I smell the snake oil! It’s delicious. Wet, still getting both and loving it. However… once it dried, my nose only reads this scent as…ham.

I’m not sure why this went to ham on me, so I’ll try aging a bit and see what happens.

When I sniff this on the decant wand, it's part sugar cookie, part Snek.

When I put it on, though, it's mostly a woody Snek, with a hint of cookie. 

I'm really interested in a very sugary Snek. I'll see how this ages, but it's not currently slated for an upgrade.

So the... thing about this is that I *love* the drydown after a couple of minutes but it goes on weird. This weird blast of... not even very distinct scents all shaping up into a... maple sugary... kind of spicy skin scent that's *so good.* 

Edited to add: initial weird blast resolving sooner into actual Snake Oil smell. Drydown still gorgeous, and best of all, throw's improving. So I'm going to buy more. 

Edited by ND¢

I let my decant rest at least 18 hours before putting Sugar Cookie Snake Oil on today.  Applied about 9 am, it's hard to make out at 6 pm, but I've not found any of the snake variants to have the staying power of the GC.  It's a nice foodie snake, sugar and baked goods and musky snake oil.  I'm not getting the spiciness other reviewers have commented on.  This isn't a snickerdoodle snake oil (please, next year?).  I enjoyed wearing this on a long car ride with my daughter to an anxiety-provoking medical appointment for her.  But I don't wear enough gourmands to need a full bottle.  

Sugar Cookie Snek is not fulfilling my hopes and dreams.

I, too, have a super-spicy bottle....very clove-y (and I hate clove)... I would almost like to believe this is a mislabeled gingerbread scent.  I get no sugar and no cookie.  Heavy and musky, kind of scratchy?  Not like normal Snek smooth/syrupy musk.  Verrry strong, almost overpowering.  I'm giving it another 30 minutes before I scrub it off.

This is not even remotely what I expected it to be.  Even after several weeks of rest, things have not developed into something that's really wearable for me.  

I haz the sads.  I really really wanted sweet Snake Oil drizzled sugar cookies 😭

In the Bottle: It's a very loud sugar note with the edges of Snake Oil and something a little smutty.

On a Test Strip: SUUUUUGAAAAAAAAR!!!!!11!!1! and a skosh of Snake Oil. This small bit of perfume on a test strip scented my room for an entire day.

Wet: Still a very loud sugar, some smut, vague hints of Snake Oil, and just a hint of the clove others have noticed, and still a bit of smut.

Dry: The body chemistry of my arms do not match. Normally, my left arm amps things and my right arm is like an echo of what my left arm smells like. Not so with this perfume. On my left arm, I'm still getting mostly that sugar note, a weeeee bit of Snake Oil, and a tiny bit of clove. On my right arm it's sugar, the vaguest hint of Snake Oil, with some cinnamon and clove. I don't get any cookie smells from either and I don't get any cinnamon on my left arm. The smuttiness has disappeared from both arms. Slightly more Snake Oil on my left arm, but that might be because I don't associate cinnamon with Snake Oil. Wondering if anyone here that has a spicy bottle could compare this variant to Western Diamondback?

Anywho, I purchased my bottle second hand and I've had it in my possession for two weeks. It was straight SUGAR when I first got it. I mean, just the loudest sugar scent with a promise of Snake Oil both in the bottle and on the skin. It's developed over the time I've had it and I'm curious to see where it goes as time goes on.

UPDATE 3/5/2022: A little over a month after my initial review and this is now very clearly a Snake Oil variant. It is beautiful! It's that sultry Snake Oil scent over cinnamon sugar. I tested a single dot on my right arm and woah nelly, the throw! It also lasts for over hours, although when it gets to that fading point, it has a bitter celery note over the remains of spice and sugar. I'm not mad though, I still really love this.

UPDATE 5/14/2022: Skin chemistry change strikes again! This has aged beautifully in the short time I've had it, and I'm soooo annoyed that I can no longer wear it. It goes on maple sweet with wonderful spicy resins and then about two hours later, I get a bitter melon smell that overtakes everything. Why??

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

This has quite the throw! I didn't let it sit very long out of the mail. The first time I wore it, what I got was "sexy gingerbread." I also got a strong maple syrup note, but that wasn't present the next time, so it might have been related to the bottle not resting enough after being in the mail and the cold.  Not sure where the Snake Oil is, exactly. I'm not huge into foodie scents, so I was hoping for heavy on the snek and a lil bit of sugar - which isn't what I got.

Today, I had a skin reaction that in the past I've only gotten with cinnamon, so this bottle might not be for me.

Blindly smelling, I would have guessed Gingerbread Brown Sugar Snake Oil! It's a darker interpretation of cookie than a traditional white sugar cookie, with zingier spices and a brown sugar element that doesn't quite go into maple/caramel territory for me (thank goodness). The zingy spice I smell is reading as ginger to my nose, and harmonizing beautifully with the familiar Snake Oil spices. It turns even more recognizably gingerbread-dry-mix as it dries down. There may be a dash of saffron or cardamom in there too, but they are not prominent in the blend, just adding some depth. I'm enjoying the vanilla, even if it is not quite Snake Oil's vanilla.

At the moment, this is good but doesn't smell fully developed yet. This is more evident in the longterm drydown, when things go a little flat, yet I can still see the beginnings of a beautiful patchouli peeking through. I am planning on holding onto my bottle for a good long while yet and seeing where this one goes. 

This isn’t a sugar cookie made with white sugar and those sparkly sugar crystals on top. It’s a brown sugar note, with vanilla extract. The SO needs to age, I think, because I only get a little around the edges, but even so this lasts FOREVER on my skin, even if I’ve used just a dab. Luckily, I don’t get clove or ginger or cinnamon like others above. In fact, I’d say this is a bit like chocolate chip cookie dough but without the chocolate, not quite “sugar cookie,” if that makes sense.

Satyr and Snake Oil have always seemed like kissing cousins to me, with Satyr being more aggressive and lacking the vanilla and sweetness that SO has.  I got a decant of both of these lovelies, and oddly, it's like the two fragrances plus sugar cookie swap places.  

Sugar Cookie + Snake smells richer and more buttery to me, with an extra dollop of spice from the cinnamon.  With the added punch and spice, it remnds me a lot of a sweeter Satyr.  

Meanwhile, Sugar Cookie + Satyr seems thinned out by the addition of the sugar cookie notes, sweetened up, and vanilla-fied, making it smell even more like Snake Oil.  Something about the mix of vanilla with the musk does a fizzy thing on my skin, almost like there's some good cream soda going on in the mix.

Anywho, I really like both of them, but they are still very much related scents to my nose.  I think I slightly prefer Sugar Cookie Snake?  (I prefer regular Satyr over regular Snake.)  Both scents are sexy and comforting - nibble worthy.   I'll probably invest in a bottle of SC Snake to see how it ages.  

As you may have figured out, anything with Snake Oil listed is an instabuy for me now.  Reached for this today and it did not disappoint.  In the bottle:  Nice sweet blast of Sugar Cookie; getting that lovely cookie dough thing with a hint of spice and something...deeper....beneath the surface.  On, wet:  A hot blast of holiday spice comes forth!  I hear what a lot of folks are saying RE a total clove bomb; I am getting cloves and cinnamon, which rushes over the initial tide of raw sugar.  Dries down to a VERY spicy warm cookie thing with whiffs of Snake Oil in the background.  Reminds me a lot of Fire HG or Clove Cig (which I would layer this with in a second).  I think it's the cloves.  I love it on me, but if you amp cloves and don't like it, give this one a pass.

This smells a lot like Snake Smut to me! I get some serious musk, and a big poof of spice, but very little vanilla or sweetness. On my skin this veers into Cloying Christmas Candle territory, unfortunately :(

Over the years, I have learned to wait for reviews before purchasing UNLESS  I see something I know will be a hit for me.  This one was one in the "confident order" category , because Snake Oil and Sugar Cookies- what could go wrong?  It is nothing what I expected.  I swear I smell pumpkin on first application, and then, more spices than I ever smelled in a Snake Oil, as other have mentioned. There is no sweetness at all.  I will let this age at least six months before I try again.  I feel like it needs more gourmand vanilla.  But that is my problem, for projecting what a sugar cookie should smell like. 

This is so good! I can actually smell the warmth from the sugar cookies. It’s gourmet without being cloying. I was honestly afraid of the spice that everyone kept mentioning, especially the gingerbread comments, because I amp cinnamon like no one’s business. Thankfully I don’t get that with this. Just a nice, warm, sugar coated, spiced, holiday butter cookie. With some snake oil tossed in for good measure. It’s a surprisingly light scent. I don’t get an offensive amount of throw like I do with some other perfumes. So this makes it great for daily wear. I believe I’m gonna need to grab a backup before the yules come down. 

Sugary snake oil. Friends, I am not the audience for this blend at all, and for me its a sweeter version of SO, which has been known to do bad, terrible, unspeakeable things with my skin chemistry. So don't let this review be your guide. Great throw and wear length, because of course, horror amplification is absolutely a thing.

Snake Oil's slinky, dark musk and smooth, almost spicy vanilla baked into a sweet bread and topped off with brown sugar that's starting to caramelize.  I love gourmand Snake Oil blends and gourmands with a twist, so this is wonderful to me.  I find it interesting that all of the Sugar Cookie blends in this series smell a little different to me.  This one comes off more bread-like, Sugar Cookie Snow White has a very realistic cookie-browning-on-the-edges scent, Sugar Cookies & Popcorn Garland is much more on the brown sugar and caramel scent, and so on.  The only negative is that this only lasts about 2 hours on me before it's disappeared into a hint of brown sugary skin scent, so I'm hoping that the Snake Oil part gets stronger and more tenacious with age.

On me I get alot of musky snake oil and ginger bread, the sugar on me is just a hint of brown sugar. I was initially surprised as was expecting something sweeter and with more vanilla. This is a completely different kind of cookie though made with Yule spices, it reminds of ginger bread, with a sprinkle of brown sugar. The snake oil is quite heavy on the musk during the initial application and then the other notes come out. I enjoy this scent, I find it perfect for the yule season. It's warm and cozy without being overly gourmand.