Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookie Satyr

I blind bottled this on a whim, not really sure if I would like it as I've never tried Satyr on its own. But this is exceptional. Honestly, to me, it's Sugar Cookie Siberian Musk with a little bit of extra spice and resin (myrrh?) goodness. Has notes of cinnamon, but I don't think it has cinnamon in it, because my skin turns each and every BPAL cinnamon note to red hots and that is not the case here. Maybe I'm getting the spiciness from benzoin or some other resin. The sugar cookie is present here, but not front and center... I agree with the "crumbs" description.

Either way, this is gorgeous. A little spicy, a little sweet from the sugar cookie, with Siberian Musk in all it's woolly, dirty but cozy glory. The overall scent is cozy in a sexy way and very unisex and wearable. Very glad I sprung for a bottle! I'm sure it will age gloriously. 

It's gorgeous. It's satyr with a hint of cookie (barest) and a poof of sugar that blends quite well with the red musk and patchouli. I need a bottle.

Satyr is one of my favorite GCs, so the Sugar Cookie variation JUMPED headfirst into my cart when the Box o Cookies drop happened. I could not be more thrilled! I feel like it's important to talk about Satyr, whose official description is very vague ( A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild.) but whose Gingerbread Satyr variation is much more descriptive notewise ( red musk, brown musk, civet and ambergris accord, Ceylon cinnamon, black cedar, black moss, and pine tar.) Personally, I find Satyr is hugely sexy in a unisex way, it all depends on your skin chemistry! 

Sugar Cookie Satyr is all the rich red and brown (Siberian?) musk that you know and love about Satyr, the gorgeous Ceylon cinnamon, the woody feral depth, plus a spicy cookie layer on type that is both sweet and chewy. The two are a perfect complement. For those who missed out on Gingerbread Satyr, this is very much in that same vein, just without the ginger. Otherwise, it has all the spices and the rich sweet cookie "texture" to it. YUM.

As this dries down, the sweetness melds into the spices in a very Snake Oily kind of way. Also in a (whispers) Storyville kind of way. Like this is classic BPAL spices-meets-vanillas-but-make-it-sexy. It is not too cinnamony for me, but I have a high cinnamon tolerance threshold, and Ceylon is my favorite, as it's earthy and grounded rather than super fiery. I think if you love Satyr and you can tolerate some sweetness, this is a no-brainer blend. Also if you like Snake Oil, it's worth a try for sure!

This was everything I wanted in the Sugar Cookie Snake Oil, so I’m glad I was able to try a decant first before I jumped on a bottle. 

An overtly saccharine (and very delicious) brown sugar, almost maple, cookie mixed with the musky, spicy Satyr. All of the notes meld fairly well on my skin, rounding out into a smooth, sweet, & sexy perfume. I think I’ll be changing my order to this instead of the Snake Oil version as that one went plasticky and almost sour on me.   

Erm. This is closer to what I thought Sugar Cookie Snek would smell like. Actually. It may be a muskier version, but it has all the heavy, sexy cookie. A cookie with impact.

Spices, woods, and heavy-ass musks smother a maple-toned brown sugar cookie. Satyr plus Sugar Cookie really remind me, here, of Snake Oil and Smut. Kind of like a Snake Smut Sugar Cookie.

I think for me, the red musk part of this is a little heavy to warrant a bottle. But, you know, regardless... I can smell there's something good happening here, in this part of the woodlands.

In the decant: A blast of sugar cookie first, though I can detect the Satyr musk under it.

On my skin:

Wet, it's even more sugar cookie. The musk doesn't disappear completely, but it does dial back even from the scent in the imp. That doesn't last too long, though, as the musk becomes apparent as the blend dries down. I'll echo others' reviews of being like Snake Oil in its vibe, in that it is decidedly sweetened, spiced musk. The fresh version of Sugar Cookie Satyr feels more in your face than Snake Oil ever gets on me, but it comes without the stank that fresh patchouli can get. (I mean, I love that stank, but I also know it can be a polarizing note.)

I got a decant of this on a lark since the combination (Sugar Cookie is usually too sweet on me, Satyr is usually Too Musk) seemed like they might cancel out each other's objectionable bits.This they do, and it is wonderful. I might need a bottle, come next payday.

Satyr and Snake Oil have always seemed like kissing cousins to me, with Satyr being more aggressive and lacking the vanilla and sweetness that SO has.  I got a decant of both of these lovelies, and oddly, it's like the two fragrances plus sugar cookie swap places.  

Sugar Cookie + Snake smells richer and more buttery to me, with an extra dollop of spice from the cinnamon.  With the added punch and spice, it remnds me a lot of a sweeter Satyr.  

Meanwhile, Sugar Cookie + Satyr seems thinned out by the addition of the sugar cookie notes, sweetened up, and vanilla-fied, making it smell even more like Snake Oil.  Something about the mix of vanilla with the musk does a fizzy thing on my skin, almost like there's some good cream soda going on in the mix.

Anywho, I really like both of them, but they are still very much related scents to my nose.  I think I slightly prefer Sugar Cookie Snake?  (I prefer regular Satyr over regular Snake.)  Both scents are sexy and comforting - nibble worthy.   I'll probably invest in a bottle of SC Snake to see how it ages.  (I already have a bottle of Gingerbread Satyr. ;) )

Edited by VetchVesper

Sugar Cookie definitely softens Satyr up, so you end up with a sweet musk. That's it. It's a soft, skin musk, and frankly this may be my favorite SC variant. If Satyr was too much, this is a gentler sweeter cousin. Good throw and wear length, and I think this would absolutely layer well with others.

Starts off a buttery, buttery sugar cookie with just a teensy bit of musk, but the butter eventually melts off to leave a lovely sugared musk with just a hint of butter to make it smooth.

Like others have said, it smells a lot like what you would want from a super sugary Snake Oil, but you can still recognize the Satyr. Lovely and cozy.

I'm glad that I listened to the hype and ordered a bottle of Sugar Cookie Satyr.  I love Satyr (one of my favorite bpal GC blends), but I didn't think that I'd like a Sugar Cookie version of it and I would have been really sad to have missed out on this beauty. 

It turns out that the smooth, dark, reddish, slightly animalic muskines of Satyr somehow smells really magical and perfect paired with a buttery, vanilla-y cookie.  It becomes the most delicious, sensual, deep and dark, sugared musk with throw and lasting power for days.  I don't get the cinnamon-ish spice or much of the resinous tones that I get from regular Satyr; this is all about the amazing musk note.  It smells like it could even be a Snake Oil variant with lots of extra vanilla; and I like it more than I liked the Sugar Cookie Snake Oil from this same collection (actual Sugar Cookie Snake Oil was lighter and more brown sugary on my skin).

Wonderful.  If you love slinky, smooth, dark, sweet musks with some extra vanilla, then you should definitely try this one.

Oh yeah!  Classic, unique Bpal.  I do have go Satyr, and love it, but it’s a bit masculine for me.  This is perfection.  Musky sweetness, bit animalistic, If it’s this awesome now, I can’t wait until there’s some age behind this beauty.  💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

When i got this fresh, i was very much weirded out, as it didn't smell remotely like regular Satyr or Sugar Cookie. I let it rest for 6 weeks and tested it again. It completely transformed into a beautifully musky resiny beauty with a sweet edge, crushed sugar cookie crumbles, to be exact. I'm so happy this blend has settled in and showed its true beauty ❤️