Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sugar Cookie Peacock Queen

This starts off with the heady red rose of The Peacock Queen softened by a little sugar.  It stays sugary red rose for a while, then dries down to cookies with rose.  This has moderate throw and longevity.  It's quite pretty!

This is the haughty, velvety, regal rose of Peacock Queen with sugar cookie crumbs hovering around the edges. Peacock Queen is the dominant scent here, and it remains that way throughout wear. The sugar cookie, while noticeable, is really buried underneath the rose, so if you were hoping for something like The Knave of Hearts with its rose and cookie, you might be disappointed -- the sugar cookie isn't nearly as prominent as the buttery jam tart in The Knave of Hearts, so it can't really compete with Peacock Queen's rose. 

I'm going to set this aside to age and see if the sugar cookie becomes more noticeable over time. At the moment, I do think it is nice, but I really wish I were getting more cookie.

Im very sad about this one. It’s burnt brown sugar over a perfect red rose. It’s like sugar skull came in and ruined this. I was thinking this cookie would be more of a snickerdoodle or plain white sugar cookie. If you like the caramelized sugar vibe, or sugar skull with rose instead of fruits, this may work for you. My skin takes this to burnt caramel, not a flourmand. 

Doing a little side by side of Peacock Queen (2021) and Sugar Cookie Peacock Queen:

I am not getting much of a sugar cookie vibe from this, and the dominant smell is that velvety gorgeous red rose scent, but it's much warmer and sweeter than the original - in the sense that it has any warmth and sweetness at all! Peacock Queen 2021 is just bottomless red rose you get lost in, while Sugar Cookie Peacock Queen invites you into the kitchen, where there may have been cookies baking yesterday.

It's very pretty, and has a bit of throw and longevity as well (the original seems to fold in on itself). 

Much like @Madame Mew above, I mostly get Sugar Cookie, and it's a caramelized brown sugar sort of cookie, dark and rich! It's like fresh-baked dark brown sugar/toffee/toasty-edged cookies, sitting next to a big red rose. The rose is present, it's noticeable, but the cookies're louder.

This one's interesting on me because I feel like the notes never blend - like, it's very distinctly cookies! + a red rose! side by side!, versus scents that swirl and blend together. I think I'm also learning, between this and Sugar Cookie Snow White (and a bottle of Sugar Cookie from a previous year), that there's something in the Lab's Sugar Cookie note that gets super-amped on my skin and also goes very dark brown sugar on me. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I like brown sugar, but it means that probably any oil with Sugar Cookie in it is just going to end up being primarily that, for me!

So delightfully weird. My brain knows that these two scents really shouldn’t go together, but oh man, do they ever! It’s the same cookie dough-type scent I get from Sugar Cookie Snake Oil, more brown sugar vanillic than white or crystal sugar, and it lies right next to those beautiful red buds with a hint of green from the Peacock Queen herself. The cookie note lasts longer than the rose, as expected.

As a side note, sometimes PQ makes me super sneezy. None of that noticed here!

In this one, I get no sugar but a mega hit of vanilla. So I end up with vanilla and red roses, which frankly smells more like it would be a Lupercalia blend. So if vanilla roses is something you're hankering for, look no further. Good throw and wear length.

I enjoy peacock queen and other rose, however when I wear this it smells comically bad. My forum buddy who likes creamy and sweet scents piqued my curiosity with her fondness for this scent so I gave it a few test drives. 

The sugar cookie scents didn't do very well on me or suit my taste, I'm not sure. 

Initial application: tangy, intense sweet brownish syrupy smell, hints of rancid dessicated orange, forgotten produce, slightly greenish, very strong.

After about ten minutes, the scent came down to a syrupy sweet curry powder, with rose barely present underneath.

Then dries to a sweety + light rose smell which is the most pleasant stage, very mild and more balanced and likable, but I think I prefer other combinations and other BPAL rose blends. 

I'm a fan of rose scents and the original Peacock Queen, so I was curious to try this one.

On initial application I get alot of the sugar cookie ... which to me smells more like cookie dough rather than a sugar cookie. After this settles though the cookies take a back seat to the rose of the Peacock Queen. It's a realistic rose, that doesn't turn powdery. I get the cookies in the background. It gives the rose a kind of warmth and sweetness. They work well together ❤