Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Alischereshasa

An imp’s worth of Alice stuffed into a 5ml of Rakshasa plopped into Scheherazade’s mother bottle.

Ooh, I really like this one. I can't say that I can distinguish the notes here really. To me it's a sugary sweet, girly red musk (largely a sweeter Scheherazade). No regrets about blind bottling! 

This is a gorgeous scent, & it smells like a hippie shop. It starts out slightly toasty, & milky, carnation murmurs, then slowly becomes the spiced Scherezade. That's the incense/hippie coming forward. Finally, the faintest of Rakshasa. It's interesting how this one plays in the nose. This turducken concept was fun & led to an interesting scent profile. Much love to BPAL.

Edited by Rane.

Alice: Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Rakshasa: Sandalwood with rose and patchouli.

Scherezade: Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

You can bet that this one will be a rosy devil! But I'm excited to say that aged Scherezade with its beautiful saffroned red musk is the predominant star of Alischereshasa. Right away, she's a swoony beauty and stays that way for a good long while. If you love Scherezade, this is a gorgeous variant, but if you don't enjoy her, walk with caution!

The rose is not a punch of rose as it often is. Instead, it translates to my nose as kind of a rose in lotion form, probably thanks to Alice's milk and honey and Rakshasa's sandalwood. There is a pale, creamy effect that is quite comforting but also startlingly Jergensy. Where straight up Scherezade is an excellent sexy scent, Alischereshasa could even be a sleep scent (and what happens in the middle of the night stays in the middle of the night). 

I don't get a ton of patchouli or bergamot, but I think the carnation is dancing with the saffron and other middle eastern spices in a beautifully fragrant way. They were a match made in the East! 

I am seriously considering bottling this blend because I love Scherezade so, and I don't mind the rose here at all.

The Metaphysical Shop I used to shop in, back in the 1980's. This is it in a bottle and I love it! Rich sandalwood, soft pink roses and carnation bursts.  Such a beautiful scent....want it in the GC for constant access!!  

The sultry, spiced red musk of Scherezade blends surprisingly well with the sweet, creamy florals of Alice. I am not getting much patchouli, but I'm sure it's there in the background, adding to the incensy vibe. If a creamy, honeyed red musk with roses sounds good to you, definitely check this out. 

I bought a 2nd bottle for back-up. This one has a kick, compared to my 1st bottle. As I said in my initial post, it starts off milky, & toasty, then turns spicy incense. I get a faint whiff of our dearest Rose note at the end. I feel like this one is a real hit, & you shouldn't pass on owning a bottle. I mostly bought a 2nd bottle because my also wife enjoys it so much! She uses it in her diffuser necklace.

This started out with a familiar warm glow of a smell, kinda cola, kinda orangey. I remember Snake Smut starting out like this for me. Effervescent but gloomy with a spicy bark, sarsaparilla kind of smell.
Overall, I'm gonna say I got:
Alice = creamy, maybe carnation, bergamot to start
Sherezade = spicy, no red musk, maybe the cola culprit
heavy on Rakshasa = sandalwood rose patchouli
I thought it was just fine, not great and not bad but not speaking to me. My husband really liked it, though. 

I get compliments on this one all the time! When I first smelled it I said, "this is hippie headshop, a witchcraft store!" & I let my mom smell, she agreed. One day I was walking thru the store & the manager stopped me & said, "what is that you're wearing? You always smell so good when you come in here!" Of course, I cannot pronounce this blend's name & I couldn't remember, but I name dropped Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. Even the last manager of the same store would compliment me. & I even gave her some free imp ears! I hope I get y'all more customers. I'm glad to have 2 bottles cuz my first is half used already! It's my go to. Smells like incense without the smoke, floral just enough, rich, toasty, spiced, & Magickal. 💖

Edited by Rane.
*typo

I ordered this one knowing that I really like Alice, though its a little on the floral-sweet side for me, that I should by rights LOVE Scherezade, as I love all of the notes and particularly red musk (one of my fave notes), but it tends to feel a little dry to me, and that while I'm not sure I've tried Rakshasa, I like sandalwood and some patchoulis.  

Y'all, this is amazing. It doesn't read head shoppy AT ALL to me, which I note mainly because it clearly does to some people and I don't want it to scare people off. I tend to really amp red musk and that is by far the predominant note on my skin, but the milk and honey and Earl Gray tea-ness from the Alice are just enough to give the musk that sultry smoothness I associate with my fave red musk blends and the spices and saffron play super well with the florals from Alice and Rakshasa.