Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An imp’s worth of Rogue stuffed into a 5ml of Bliss plopped into Black Rider’s mother bottle.

Whoa, I'm first? I'll try to do this justice. It is almost exactly how I imagined it when I blind-bottled it on Black Friday weekend!

In the bottle, this is all milk chocolate and a sharp, almost cologne-y black leather.

Wet, on skin, the leather immediately mellows to a beautiful richness and blends smoothly with the chocolate, just lovely.

After a few minutes, the other resin notes come out in the background and there is almost an "oud-iness" that pops up for a bit, but then fades away. Not sure where that comes from, might just be my nose being weird.

After drying, everything blends together beautifully to make a gorgeous leather scent with sweet gourmand and rich resin notes in the background. The chocolate is not very strong anymore, but my skin  tends to eat sweet notes, so may be more pronounced on someone else. And I would say the leather ends up a soft, broken-in leather, like your favorite black leather jacket.

So happy that I took a risk on a blapimpsottle and picked this up unsniffed! It's sexy and comfort-y at the same time.

Edited 4/1/2022: After only a few months, the milk chocolate note has come out more and this is even better with age!

Edited by Follow My Nose
Slight scent change after aging

Rogue: Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin.
Bliss: A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.
Black Rider: Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber.

Wet on the skin, this is sticky sweet chocolate backed by tons of leather and a chewy touch of tobacco. As it dries, chocolate pulls back a bit and it becomes more like chocolate-sweetened leather. I can definitely smell the hemp from Rogue and it's giving the perfume an edge that keeps it from being too overwhelmingly sweet. I haven't tried Bliss so to me this is a great Rogue blend.

in the bottle: Rogue and sour chocolate that on initial sniffs I initially mistook for dirty diapers, but now that it's had time to settle I definitely get that it's sour chocolate. There's also this hint of liquor in the background. That syrupy, sweet alcohol base scent all liquors have in general. It almost reminds me of Vice. 

wet: amber, Rogue, a more normal chocolate but it's also more in the background now

dry: strong amber and chocolate, although the chocolate's gone a bit dry, I still smell the rosin and hemp of Rogue, and leather which could be coming from Rogue or Black Rider, it's just more subtle behind the amber and chocolate

Over time this calms down into a slightly powdery amber and Rogue. I'd also call this a Rogue blend. There's a bit of chocolate from Bliss, a lot of amber from Black Rider, but it's all built on top of a foundation of Rogue. I'd say this is one that smells closer to more traditional perfume, but with a chocolate edge you might not expect.

3/14 Update: after a month or so of sitting this is now much more black leather forward. Still ambery, still Rogue-y, but the black leather from Black Rider comes through now in a way that it didn't back in January for me. It's even more lovely now. 💕 I originally saw this as a Rogue blend, but now I'd say it's more of a Rogue-Black Rider blend, with a hint of chocolate. Which is basically what it says on the tin. Medium throw and a fairly long wear length.

Edited by Beary Strange
update

Glad some other folks had the same funky oud/poud sort of experience I had, because I tested this opposite Cacao and Oud and was extremely confused for a minute! Luckily the duet was a success.

Rogridiss honestly does not remind me of any of the component scents: I don't really get any leather or chocolate. Freshly applied, it's the mysterious funky oud experience, and then after it dries (~20mins) it basically disappears on me. 

This is so interesting. It takes me back to a time when a bunch of metalhead teens (including myself) would hang out in my friend's basement. Leather and hemp are strong. Tobacco and amber set a sort of "mood" and the chocolate in the background keeps the memories in a happy place. Surprised how much I like this. 

Rogue put on a tougher leathery jacket, but somewhere between meeting up with everyone and getting dressed got throw into a chocolate bath. Which seems on par for a Rogue's life, and maybe an occupational hazard? Anyway, a chocolate leathery Rogue. Mediumm throw and wear length.

I've never smelled Rogue by itself so it's hard to say where it fits in here, but on me this is a sexy blend of leather, hemp, and a slightly dusty chocolate all blending in beautifully together. Black Rider is my husband's signature scent for me, and we both immediately picked it out. When I very first received my order, I was disappointed that the chocolate of Bliss was virtually undetectable, but over a few weeks has definitely made an appearance. I'm so glad I got this and think it'll continue to develop beautifully.

Chocolate poudh, a la fresh How Doth the Little Crocodile. I am already nursing a bottle of that poor GC along, trying to get it to turn into the lovely musky chocolatey sex that I know it can be, so I definitely don't need another. I am sure Rogridiss will age into a beautiful smooth leathery chocolatey ride, with hints of tobacco and hemp and that strange dusty note that I know is rosin. However, I don't think I'll be along for the ride in anything bigger than a decant. Right now, it's big leather, big chocolate, big indoles. A weird and unsettling combination that never truly morphs on the skin the way How Doth does.