Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Sage and Lime

Oh, gosh, first! I hope I can do this justice!

This is a gorgeous scent, first of all - I'm so, so glad I got a bottle! (I love lime, and I used to adore the BBW Lemongrass Sage scent, way back when. So I couldn't resist this!)

It's a luscious sweet herbal-lime scent in the bottle - a nice balance of sage + lime. On me, it's sweeter than I expected - it's a sugared lime! It's actually reminding me a bit of Clown Princess of Crime, minus the bubblegum-lolly sweetness but plus a soft herbal note, which gives it a more grounded backing - more cozy, I think, like I've got some fresh sage to cook with. It's still predominantly sugared lime at the forefront, though.

As it dries, the sage comes out more, though it's still a little sweeter than I expected - but I'm not complaining! It's a sugared lime + fresh sage + happiness sort of scent - like a light sparkling pale green. I could see this working well as a ritual type blend: cleansing and brightening, shadows dusted off, kitchen all happy and snug and put to rights, with a dusting of sugar crystals on top. It could certainly be a good summer afternoon scent, green and radiant - but I think it'll also be a good scent for gloomy winter days, when I want something bright and fruity but also warm and domestic and sweet.

Nice throw so far, about half an hour in! I honestly really love this; I think it's one of my favorite Duets ever. 😍

White sage is often a soft note in the Lab blends I've tried, a coolness along the periphery. But this one is---wonderfully---far more white sage than I expected.

On both my friend and me, this one is predominantly sage. Like: white sage smelled close up, with the cool herbal tone, airiness, paleness, and even the soft leaf texture in the note. The lime is there, too, playfully green, and citrusing all over the place. I also get a sugared quality to it. It's present, but it feels like a close companion to the sage, rather than overwhelming it.

Cool, airy white sage wafting around a sugared green lime. Fresh scent for late winter through spring. I'll probably need a bottle.

Clean sage, with maybe a bright citrusy edge. But yeah, if you were looking for a very clean sage blend, look no further. Good throw and wear length.

Oh. Ohh. I am so glad I got this. Lime tends not to last long on me but the sage holds it on, making this a bright but dusty scent. Like a day in the desert, drinking a limeaid to keep the heat at bay.

Cool, clean sage and bright, slightly tart lime. The sage starts off a little sharp, but calms down as it dries down. Simple and fresh.

Someone else said the word "sparkling" and that's what I always think when I first put this on.  As it dries, it's cool and herbal with lime, clean and soothing.  It's a peaceful, relaxing scent.  I love it.