Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cacao and Oud

Straight out of the cold (mailbox), this is gorgeous. At the moment the oud is the star, but I can easily catch the cacao in every sniff. The oud has a floral vibe to it. I can't wait to test it again after it ages!

I love the Lab's cocoa note and sometimes love oud, and this is just a beautiful marriage. The cocoa is what catches my nose most, and the oud addition makes it richer, slightly tart like a good dark chocolate with an almost-cherry vibe. And as @Sjofn mentioned, it has a faint floral feel, similar to Belgian Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Marshmallow, and Jasmine ❤️ but softer and less sweet. Just a beautiful, rich, really good chocolate. Perfect pair. 😋

This duet is absolutely gorgeous. I love a cacao note, but it doesn't always last on my skin. Here, the oud seems to help it stick. Each note plays off the other for a lovely and sophisticated chocolate perfume. Not much throw, but decent staying power. 

Cacao + oud as described, however the monster throw in this is something people should note. The cacao is dry, (not sweet), and the oudh is well behaved.