Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of Eternal October: leaves fluttering against a thick wool sweater, the cool amber glow of an autumn sunset, dollops of thick cream swirling in black tea.

In the bottle: leafy wool. On my skin: the tea immediately makes an appearance, very little cream. Amber is pretty far down in the blend. Over time it melds into a pretty, fresh scent that is probably going to be labeled dryer-sheets by some people.

I absolutely love the concept, but I'm not sure how to describe this. On first try it was quite a bit different from what I expected. The strongest note is the musk (kind of fuzzy; this might be the sweater note), there's a certain sourness (the cream?), and the backdrop is the bitterness of tea. There is a sweet note, which I can only assume is the amber, but it's not the strongest here. This is not a morpher, it remains this way and has quite the lasting power, too.

I'll admit that at first I did not like it, particularly in the bottle, but upon testing it a second time it's growing on me and it seems a touch sweeter than before and the musk a bit more like a sweater as opposed to just plain musk, which was kind of intense. I think the way it ages will dictate my ultimate opinion on this one!

In The Bottle: Mostly leaves. There is a kind of "dead leaf" note that the Lab does, and if you are a fan of that note, it's here for you right out of the gate!

Wet On Skin: More the the leaves, with the wool starting to make an appearance, making the leaves seem more expansive somehow. This is NOT the same as the sweater note or the cashmere note- this is honestly making me think of wool army blankets! By that I mean something that's dense, with felted aspects, that will keep you surprisingly warm...

Dry Down: Upon dry down, the amber and the black tea finally start to emerge! I was a little worried that I might not see them, but here they are! The amber is really warming the scent up, making it sweeter, the sunlight that warms you on a blustery autumnal day. And at the end, there's the black tea, a light bit brighter, playing nicely with the leaves, adding a tiny afterthought of mildly sweet astringency.

In All: Low to medium throw, a fine addition for those that are into the Dead Leaf series, like a special bonus leaf! Unfortunately for me, it's not really my cup of tea: I need mine a little warmer with lots more cream (pun intended!)

On the wand, October 32 smells like dried leaves caught in scratchy gray wool.

On my arm, this is really soft, even after some days of rest. At first, it's a faint dry wool with a little of the dried leaves. The image of gray wool army blankets fits what this is bringing to mind for me... gray wool army blankets flecked with dried leaves.

In drydown, I start to find a little creamy amber. The blend stays soft, but the amber sweetens and strengthens it, becoming the salient note on me. It's a clear departure from the army blankets --- now this is an amber sweater of scratchy wool flecked with dried leaves. The black tea is the lightest presence in the mix, adding a bit of dark dryness. 

I haven't been ready to accept the post-Halloween holidays so far this year, which feels a bit like events are passing me by, even as I take part in them. So the concept of this scent feels close to me. I like how it rests on me once dried. It might be a little too soft for what I usually bottle, but I'll see how the decant ages.

I immediately hit "buy" as soon as this appeared. It has my beloved dead leaves note with a woolly sweater and an initial blast of cold wind! Drydown is gentle and there is barely a touch of amber. This is a lovely scent and will be very wearable thoughout hot autumn days as well as cooler ones. 

I received this in the mail 2 days ago, so not super fresh out of the mailbox, but not rested very long. I'll be editing this review after the bottle sits a while longer.

Even with as fresh as it is, though, I LOVE this. Granted I adore pretty much everything that the Lab puts their wool note into, but still. This is fall in a bottle for me. I get a TON of the dead leaf note, and the wool is pretty distinct, and what I believe is the amber just kinda gives it a warm feeling. Not a whole lot outside of those 3 notes so far, so I hope the black tea is more prominent later.

Edited by Marina Napoli

I’ve got a spell on me.
October 32 caught my eye right away, as I’ve been enjoying A Cozy Sweater and an Apple Cider for bedtime. Amber and thick cream with that clean wooly note? Plus, tea and leaves?! Yes, please.

Upon wearing the scent, I get less cream than I wanted, no discernible tea, and only a smidge of amber to warm the leafy clean sweater. Later on, I have a soft warm scratchy wool scent, only huffable at close proximity. 
Not a total win…, And yet… I can’t stop reaching for this bottle! 

It’s already December, yet my consciousness is still riding the October wave.

This one starts out with a surprisingly fresh, clean wool note dominating, with a breath of the DL note in the background (which, as it turns out, pairs well with that clean fabric scent). It starts out fairly chilly, but after drydown, the amber and black tea/cream come out a bit more and give the wool scent a warmer, softer quality and keeps the wool note from going full dryer sheets. A cozy and evocative take on my beloved DL blends.

In the decant, I mostly get dead leaves. Wet on my skin, it's strong dead leaves on a pile of clean laundry. As it dries, I get more sweet cream. I think the tea note blends really well with the dead leaves note so it's kind of hard to pick out on its own, but I can smell it when I'm looking for it. On me, it could be renamed to Dead Leaves, a Cozy Sweater, and a Mug of Tea with Cream since it's all about the dead leaves. I'm not sure that I want to full size it, but I'm happy with my decant!

I was a little worried about this one, because of my aversion of leaf scents (I know, I know.. I’m in the minority here). But the tea and wool notes drew me in. I definitely get that leafy scent, but it’s not nauseating to me. As it drys down I get creamy, warm black tea. I’m really glad I bought this! Perfect for the fall. 

... Dead Leaves is this you? I definitely get leaves, smoke, green, and coolness of Autumn. This is a very Fall-blend. The cool chill of an October night. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant: straight bell pepper.

On skin the cream immediately emerges, but it is dissonant and strange with the DL initially.

After a while it starts to smell like a slightly creamier, outdoor dusty (like how patch can read dusty earth instead of dank earth) version of other DL blends like October or November. Those just don't work on me and this is no exception.

I think I'll stick with oak for leaf vibes, but if you dig DL you absolutely should try this! 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I wanted the amber, cream and tea, but all I get is the wool and dead leaves notes.  The wool is dry and a little dusty/powdery and smells like freshly cleaned, soapy laundry while the dead leaves smells more like men's cologne and green leaves than dead leaves.  It's fresh, clean, cold and masculine leaning rather than the cozy gourmand that I was hoping for.

I'm really happy I got a bottle of this before the Halloweenies finished.

On initial application I get the dead leaves and the clean wool note. It's very atmospheric and evokes the image of being outdoors in the cool autumn air with the leaves swirling. The early stages of this are a little cologne-y but the cream kind of takes this scent in another direction. 

I get quite a bit of cream and it works so well with the other notes balancing them out and giving the scent a creamy edge. I find the cream becomes more dominant on the dry down and I do really enjoy this stage. The amber and tea are lightly in the background for me. This scent is really unique to me because I don't have many dead leaf or wool scents and I feel that I will wear this one quite often especially in the cooler weather.

Edited by becca_s
Needed to add something

This one is a total morpher on me.  In the bottle:  A very sharp blast of the Lab's Dead Leaves note.  On, wet:  A nose-tickly wool scent shows up behind the dead leaves, along with a hint of amber. Drydown:  After several hours I kept smelling something sweet, and I realized it was the cream note mixed with the amber on my skin.  Interesting one!  Starts out almost harsh but dries down to a very mellow thing. 

In the bottle this smells like a lighter October without the chilly breeze. Leafy. On my skin the wool comes out, followed by amber and cream which really smooth out the blend. I can't pick out tea specifically but I find it to not stand out on my skin very well. This is a very wearable dead leaves scent on me, they are very much in the background once dry. A lovely autumnal blend. 

Begins as vegetal and brisk, but not a brisk pace, like you’re huffing and puffing to keep up with your spouse’s long legs on an autumn stroll (it’s not a marathon to Mordor, Yvan, for Pete’s sake slow down!) but rather the weather has turned brisk and crisp overnight, there’s an unexpected chill in the air, and you’re taking a PROPER stroll at a REASONABLE pace, YVAN!  And you’re moved by that familiar olfactory symphony, that annual concert of sniffs,  that gorgeous, romantic decay of fallen leaves on a late October afternoon, and you just look at your person and soften and think, damn, what a wonder it is to spend any moment at all with someone you love. And as your mood softens and hazes, so does this fragrance, like the scent of a comforting candle, something with hints of amber and vanilla bean and sandalwood and cashmere musk, but the flame been lit for an hour or so, and you barely smell it anymore, it’s hovering at the edge of your senses, pleasant and cozy and familiar.

2021 version.

I figured that this would have a high chance of being a fail on me, with the dead leaves and sweater notes, but since I hadn't tried it and had a chance to swap for it, I decided to give it a whirl.

Well, it's not for me. There's some neroli in the dead leaves (same ones from Haunt 2021), and the sweater note is the laundry variety as opposed to a warm, cozy one. There's some black tea that joins these notes later on, but it just ends up being one very high-pitched, perfume-y melange on me, without any of the coziness of fall.

On a positive note, I didn't get any super buttery cream from this?

Edited by doomsday_disco