Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Skull With Shell, Books, and a Crumple of Blush-Pink and Night-Blue Silk

Creamy yellowed paper, pink tuberose, star jasmine, and blue cypress with incense, eucalyptus leaf, and iridescent sap.

In the bottle I get a gentle, creamy jasmine that quickly transforms into a cool green scent, with a soft incense blurring it all together. On wet the greenness is the first thing I get and I can sort of pull the eucalyptus from the cypress, but they meld really well. This isn't sharp, camphor-y straight eucalyptus EO. It's soft and cool.  As it dries the greenness fades back into a soft halo around the scent. Nothing really sticks out as the star of the show when dry, it's all very well blended. The paper, incense, and florals are all present but are in harmony. It's a soft floral incense with the flutter of old pages (not a cucumber-y paper note but a flash of soft sort of woodiness) with just a breath of that cool greenness. A really gorgeous, enchanting scent. 

Edited by roseus

This starts off with strong star jasmine that has a bit of a honeysuckle vibe to it at first. There's some heady tuberose, the paper is definitely yellowed, and I'm also smelling some sap and some cypress. Sadly, the other notes quickly become overpowered by the star jasmine and the tuberose and it's just a heady floral party on me, until the end of the day, when I smell some musky, dry yellow pages along with the florals and some sap. This is just too intensely floral for me, although the pages and the sap notes are nice.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet: Cypress and the eucalyptus smell I know from my childhood schoolyard with some creamy jasmine. 

Kinda dry: The woods didn't turn to hamster cage or pencil shavings on me but a mellow jasmine is the star of the show.  

Dry dry:  On me, it's the jasmine and some background wood that hangs (~12 hours) with a background sweetness.  You have to get super close to smell it. 

This might be for you if you don't want people to smell you before you appear or if you're looking for a jasmine-forward scent that isn't screechy or indolic (poopy).   This might not be for you if your chemistry gets overwhelmed by florals or woods.

I wish I could cut off the first half of the scent description and just have that, because all I get is the kind of eucalyptus that literally makes my teeth hurt when I sniff too hard. I’m really heartbroken about this one.

A semi cold white floral with green touches. The white florals and the delicate incense notes rule here. They have a green facet and are wrapped in a veil of cold (eucalyptus leaf). The blend is suited best for summer rainy weather.

Jasmine, tuberose, lilies. This smells deeply floral to me. There's a dark background which definitely makes it seem like a darker type of floral, but yes, mainly big brush of lilies with an edge of jasmine. Good throw and wear length.

Initial sniff -- eucalyptus and wet, juicy floral I associate with honeysuckle, mingling with a hint of cat pee jasmine.  That sounds a lot worse than it is.  Overall, it's an interesting mélange, but one I hope will settle differently on my skin.  

The cat pee vibes diminish quickly, leaving me with the more pleasant, lush floral feel.  There's a teeny hint of the eucalyptus in the background adding something strange but compelling, and the blue cypress is adding to the background of dark vegetation.  I think it's the fresh greeness of the sap mixing with the florals that makes me think honeysuckle.  The lily is hiding behind the other flowers, and I don't get any sort of book or silk vibe.  I don't love this, but I do like it.  I think the jasmine just feels a little harsh on me, but I'll keep my bottle around a while and see if it grows on me.

Was a bit afraid of this one because of the jasmine (although I know star jasmine is much tamer than regular ol' jasmine) but it ended up settling a bit weird on me for other reasons. I loved this out of bottle—a very fresh, lush, cool floral that I was very excited to try in the recent warmer weather! Wet, it played very nice on my skin. I didn't get any creamy paper or incense, unfortunately, but it was still a beautiful fresh scent that I was hoping would be a nice more-floral less-green counterpart to Ivy Twining Around a Discarded Skull, which I've been loving. Unfortunately, as it dried down, it went Tresemmé hairspray. Might try my decant a few more times before deciding to destash, but unfortunately body chemistry wasn't kind to me with this one.

In the bottle: Tuberose!

Wet, on my skin: Jasmine!!!!

Dry, on my skin: JasmineJAsmineJASmineJASMineJASMIneJASMINeJASMINEJASMINEJASMINEJASMINE :explodes into choking cloud of jasmine stink:

In conclusion: If your skin amps jasmine, stay away.