Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the vial, this smells really strong on the almond.

On me, I get a thin layer of milk chocolate and then some creamy almond-y nougat. A coconut note joins these notes so that it smells like a coconut and nut-infused nougat-y candy bar. And it also kind of reminds me of magic bars, and I think that is due to the coconut. The almond note calms down with wear and smells more nutty than like almond extract, which amps up the delicious factor. By the end of the day, I think there is something slightly sharp lurking in the background that could be representing the mouse trap, but for the most part, this is just a decadent foodie scent.

I don't think I need more of this one, but it was really fun to try! :) 

I was gifted this bottle with my Halloweenie order and am so grateful for it! 

My dad loved nougat candies and the smell always reminds me of Christmas, because he stuffed them into our Christmas stockings.

Nougat bar perfume makes me worry that this will go sickly sweet, so I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't! There is definitely almond, but it doesn't shriek up my nose from the bottle or on my skin. This scent is creamy, slightly powdery as from a gentle dusting of powdered sugar, and coconutty. Ok, this is very nice and not sinus-sharp either. It's like that sweetened shredded coconut mixed with crushed almonds... There is a slight nuttiness that tones it down. In the past I have found that the Lab's almond and cherry notes go cloying and sickly sweet on my skin and stick to my sinuses, so I tend to avoid them. But this is very nice and wearable. It would be a fun Christmas party scent.

In the imp I get a gorgeous creamy almond nougat. On my skin it's pretty much the same but with coconut added in as well. Really delicious and enticing! 

Alright, I'm not a usual foodie person, but I do tend to make an exception for chocolate notes, and this one is quite fun. When discussing this at release, I was honestly expecting a chocolatey marshmallowy nougat, a la Three Musketeers, but this is instead a heavy blast of almond, which while unexpected, is quite enjoyable. It's less the slightly bigger natural almond, and more the sweetness of almond extract, with a slight hint of an alcoholic burn, all coated in a creamy layer of milky chocolate. It's got perhaps a touch of nuttiness to it too, and something lurking in the background that I can't quite identify. Would highly recommend to anyone searching for a unique sweet scent.

Ok, this one grew on me to the point that I need to get a bottle! It smells mostly of an almond-y, creamy nougat and a splash of chocolate. Chocolate can go either way on me, this one seems more like a fun, candy bar milk-variety. It's very simple, but sweet and a bit unique. If you're into foodie scents, check this one out.

In the Bottle: Almond extract and cocoa

Wet: Almonds, cocoa, and something perfumey

Dry: Fancy almond nougat with a thin layer of chocolate.

How have I not reviewed this yet? This was love at first sniff. I do not know how it manages to smell like fancy candy store nougat, but it does. I'm guessing there are other nut smells in here because I am not amping the heavy almond note I smell in the bottle. It really smells nothing like the bottle smell on me. It's so much more smooth and delicious, with just a hint of perfume. I like smelling like perfumey versions of food, so a perfume note does not bother me.  It sits a bit close to the skin but it lasts forever. This is a very comforting, pleasing scent.

Sweet caramel, nuts and a whiff of chocolate. I mean, this smells like a candy bar. If its a trap, well, we're all falling for it. Medium throw and wear length.

Starts off with a blast of almond extract, but dries down to a soft milk chocolate and marzipan almond, which is more of that creamy, honeyed almond paste and powdered sugar scent.  Not a lot of throw, but I do enjoy this one.  Soft milk chocolate and honeyed almond paste.

In the bottle this smells to me exactly like an Almond Joy, which is actually a scent I’ve been looking for pretty much forever.

Wet is about the same but what I love most about this stage is that it’s not what I usually get from almond notes which is more of a synthetic “juicy” scent that reminds me of amaretto or maraschino cherries.  I love those too but this actually smells like dry roasted chopped almonds.  It actually smells dry somehow.

Any chocolate burns off on me almost immediately and I’m left with chopped dry roasted almonds and moist sweetened coconut.  It’s nice on its own, but I see myself layering this with Bliss or the new Chocolate Buttercream that I just got.  I am hoping that some aging will make this a bit stronger, but a winner for me regardless.

EDIT: During the initial stage of dry down this does have a slight perfumey edge that I’m not super fond of which makes me think this may be an eventual destash for me.  It’s not my usual super sweet foody love.  But the scent itself does last a very long time and the perfumey part doesn’t stick around too long and I’m left with a very unique sweet scent that does smell exactly like an actual nougat bar as opposed to a cloying American sugary overload candy bar.  It’s super interesting and unique, and I keep sniffing it even though I’m not totally sure how I feel about it.  I’m gonna hold on to it for a while and come back to it and see what some aging does.

Edited by JakkieTreehorn

All almond! No chocolate on me. Smells like marzipan! I think I'll layer this a lot.

edit: getting strangely spicy on drydown! Cinnamon!?

Edited by wolf_truffles

I was so excited for this one and don’t get me wrong it’s the perfect nougat scent but the throw and staying power are sooooo low it breaks my heart. I even held on to it to see if aging would help but alas no. 🥺