Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This was a frottle in my Halloweenie order, which astounded me. I had to test and review this! 

So... My husband is a professional furniture refinisher - has been for over 45 years. I know the smell of lye all too well, as it is one of the main chemicals in a hot tank used for stripping heavily painted doors and old woodwork.  The second I opened the bottle, I could smell lye! That familiar smell also found in drain cleaners and soap making. It's a smell described as similar to ammonia, but I disagree with that. But if you have ever smelled drain cleaner, you would recognize it.

The lye note is astounding to me. But don't worry, it dries down and fades very quickly. The bubblegum note is right there to take over. Sweet, chewy Bubblelicious gum! It has that fruity sweet bubblegum note, and I can barely detect the lye note after a few minutes. It seems to keep the bubblegum from going sickly sweet though, which is a good thing to me. 

After about 10 minutes on my wrist, the bubblegum has mellowed and I detect the slightest hint of spice - just a touch, the way bubblegum flavors fade and morph quickly in your mouth. The throw isn't strong and this is actually quite wearable! 

This is absolutely hilarious. I cannot fathom how Beth does it, but this is a very realistic scent of exactly what it says. I can't wait to have my young grandson try this! 

This starts off with a flash of searing lye that fades quickly. It settles into the exact smell of Double Bubble - that classic bubble gum with a zip of wintergreen-y mint. I was not expecting to want a bottle of this, but I do...badly. It has also made me ravenous for Double Bubble.

This is like a sister scent to Spirit Fingers: it's bubblegum, but there's a peppery, spiced background that sets it apart from your regular bubblegum perfume. As is the case with almost all of my beloved bubblegums, it fades within a couple hours and I'm left with the faintest hint of it on my skin for the rest of the day.

I really like it, bubblegum is one of all-time favorite notes so how could I not? Also has a good throw, which is unusual from most of the bubblegum BPAL's I've tried. 

Out of all of them, this one has been the most.... well obvious? I get pure pink bubblegum and a whiff of something chemical. Medium throw and wear length.