Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Her Eyes Have Feasted on the Dead

Violet smells clean to me. Like shampoo without being soapy. Spanish moss is far more airy and than oakmoss. It doesn't have much of a presence yet but it may be giving a faintly green edge. Put them together and you get something light and fresh that nevertheless would feel eerie on a rainy day (at least to me.)

I love the scent of violets so this is a hit for me. While it says it also has spanish moss Im not really getting very much of it, and instead feels like ( to me at least), a violet solo note which I absolutely love. It doesn't have very strong throw, its a more close to skin scent and doesn't last as long as other blends last but overall its beautiful and may be backup bottle worthy for me.

The scent itself is sweet, powdery and a bit soapy like floral soap but not in a bad way  ;I feel violets are very commonly used as fragrance components for shampoos and soaps which is why soapy comes to mind.  If you have ever smelled " Royal Violets by Agustin Reyes " Agua de violetas/ Colognia de Violetas its a very similar violet note. 

Somber, slightly powdery violet deepened and given a slightly green edge by the moss note. Violet can go a little soapy on me, and it does here, but not in a bad way -- think expensive soap. There's no sage in this blend, but I swear what this scent reminds me of is the Pré de Provence sage-scented soap with a bit of purple, gothy floral added in. Atmospheric and a little eerie. I might want a full bottle of this one.

Clean floral soap. It wears close to the skin, but it doesn't fade. It's clean and inoffensive, not quite for me, but it's a very pretty and quiet perfume given the name! I'll definitely keep the decant. 

Perfect expression of these two elements. The violet has that clean smell of bubbles solution I love to get from it, but a little sweeter than normal, almost a light honey. The Spanish moss comes across as a dry sandalwood, like balsa wood. Their powers combined, this feels like a creamy pale, lavender (color) floral. 

I lucked out and found a decant of this. ;) It's violet dominant, more light, sweet, and slightly powdery. Some violets go powdery on me but I really like this and will hold on to the decant! 

Violet is one of my favorite notes when done right, but unfortunately it can easily go soapy or powdery on my skin. This one falls in the soapy category. It smells like grape-y floral dryer sheets.