Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pumpkin Scented Sticky Bat

Sweet lemon bars! A waft of buttery, sweet pumpkin. This is not a pumpkin spice scent and is in no way spicy. Similar pumpkin to Jack. Really, really delicious. Would be great for layering!

I thought for sure this was going to be a bottle upgrade when I sniffed this in the decant. I didn't smell any pumpkin, but it was just the most amazing lemon candy scent that was so sugary and realistic that I could envision the sugar coating on the candy... it seemed even more sugary than the original, I am down for more sugar!

But on my skin, it was another story. It's still far more sugary lemon than pumpkin, but the pumpkin in this is making it wonky on me and doing the odd tomato soup/puree thing that sometimes happens with scents (with unrelated notes!) on my skin. :( So it's that lovely sugary lemon with an undertone of unwanted soup. Skin chemistry fail. :cry2:

This really does smell amazing in the vial, though, so if your skin chemistry doesn't do this with some scents, definitely give it a try!

I don’t get any pumpkin, to the point that I’ve wondered if my decant was 1) mislabeled or 2) not properly rolled/shaken/whatever before decanting.

Very strong throw. Lots of vanilla and pumpkin pulp immediately after application, no trace of pumpkin spice at all. The lemon is so strong, like lemon Rice Krispie Treats or the sourest Lemonhead. Pumpkin stays in the background for the most part. Lemon is very tart and sour, which is what I anticipated Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat to smell like on me but that one ended up being more vanilla powdered sugar. Once it's been on the skin for five minutes, the lemon does calm down so I'm able to detect more of the buttery pumpkin. 

I love that initial stage where it's a super sour lemon, but the dry down is very nice as well. I think I prefer this to the original for now, I was worried initially how good the pumpkin and lemon would be together. But in my case, this was amazing and surpassed my expectations. Kind of wish I got more than just a partial bottle now!

Very highly recommended, especially if you're still craving a sour lemon scent but the original left you disappointed with how sweet and faintly lemon it was.

Super lemon, very tart, and a touch of pumpkin pulp. Mainly a lemon with a tinge of pumpkin. Medium throw and wear length. Fresh, sour, lemon.

Fresh-baked, sweet-tart, lemon bars! I really don't get much pumpkin - I'm looking for it, and maybe it's there as a warming note in the background, adding some buttery-ness, like Jack? Maybe that's adding to the lemon bar/pastry hint? But this Bat is primarily a delightful sweet-tart sugared lemon bar on me, which is very fun!

I hadn't used Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat in a few years, so I forgot how good it is. This is so good! This is very, very similar to the original. In fact, I would have to put them side-by-side to find any differences. If anything, it's slightly less tart lemon. I highly recommend this for anyone who missed out on the original.

This smells very similar to regular Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat.  I thought it would have more pumpkin or some pastry and spice to it, but I get zero spice and not much pumpkin or pastry feel.  I did a side by side comparison of regular Bat and Pumpkin Bat and they both have the same lemonheads candy thing going on (like syrupy-sweet, hard candy lemon coated in a sour lemon shell) with Pumpkin Bat just having a kind of buttery undertone (like Jack minus the peachiness and hint of spice) and creaminess that original Bat doesn't have.  I actually do prefer this one a bit, but they're not different enough for me to justify upgrading my decant to a bottle when I rarely even wear the original bottle of Bat that I own.  I like fresher lemon scents or lemon cake type scents and this one is very candied.

Very much the same as Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, but where Lemon-Scented is all lemon hard candy, Pumpkin-Scented leans slightly towards lemon bars. Both are delicious, but this one a little more so 💕