Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pinched With Four Pumpkins

With apologies to C.M. Coolidge. Pumpkin-soaked tobacco wrappers, cinnamon bark, coffee bean husk, and dry woods.

This is by far one of the best things I have ever smelled in my life. In the bottle it’s fantastic, and on skin even better. I love pumpkin and love Pinched With Four Aces, and if you enjoy both, there is no way you won’t fall in love with this.

The pumpkin is present but it is by no means overwhelming, and made sweeter and spicer by the cinnamon. It’s a super cozy scent that reminds me of snuggling up on a cold day, with the smell of cinnamon, coffee, tobacco and pumpkin wafting through the air.

I rarely buy backups but I need at least one more of this, maybe two.

Personally, I would have liked this to have a more prominent cinnamon note as it's very subtle, likewise the pumpkin. On me it's predominately tobacco with a bit of coffee. None of the woods jump out at me, but they probably help to keep the scent from being too sweet. There is a creamy smoothness to the scent, which I'm attributing to the coffee bean husk, since the Lab's assorted coffee-related notes tend to smell sweet and creamy to me. That said, I've seen some people describe the Lab's pumpkin notes as buttery, so maybe it's that?

I agree it's quite cozy and warm on its own, but I'll probably experiment with layering it with something spicier, like Plunder or the Cinnamon & Clove duet.

What I'm smelling is pretty much what I expected, just a little bit more raspy and earthy, which could be the tobacco wrappers, coffee, or both.  Might smooth out with age.  It's the lab's familiar pumpkin, with coarse ground coffee, tobacco, sweet and a little spicy (I would agree the cinnamon is more subtle).  I don't really pick out woods specifically.  This reminds me of one of the Nutcracker 'Dance' scents, whichever one had coffee.

I only had a decant of OG Pinched and it has now faded to almost no scent (decants age a lot faster than 5ml bottles in my experience).  It's interesting to me that the reviewer before me noticed a creamy note.  I used to get that from Pinched and it's what I loved most from that scent, but I'm not smelling it in Pinched w Four Pumpkins.  I wonder if that will come out more with age.  I still like this, though.

Yay, this smells like what it says!

Dry coffee, tobacco, pumpkin, and cinnamon. That's about the order of strength on my skin. The woods are offering more of a vibe than a standout note, here -- and, overall, this smells dry. Not quite dusty-dry, though sometimes I get a little honey dust impression from it as well, and I can see the creaminess others mention. There might be a little cream in this coffee.

The coffee, tobacco, cinnamon, woods, and dryness together remind me of a comfortable study, perhaps not one used every day. With the addition of pumpkin, I get Comfy Study in Autumn from this. 

Lovely. 

I have tried the original scent, although it must have been very aged. That scent and this variant both start out strong on the tobacco wrappers, but this one becomes super syrupy tobacco coffee on me. It's a pumpkin syrup in this one, not the spiced vegetal pumpkin note of Mouse's Long and Sad Pumpkin (so, just so you know, not all of the pumpkin notes in this year's pumpkin patch are the same!). It is not heavily spiced, and the cinnamon here doesn't burn. It kind of reminds me of Miskatonic University's Pumpkin Patch with its syrupy sweetness, only with tobacco.

I like this, but I'm not sure if I need more than my decant. I'll retest it before it goes away just to be sure, though!

This is a bigger scent than what I was expecting! Gooey pumpkin syrup, a little coffee and a lot of tobacco, but the tobacco is going more in the sour direction for me. This one isn't for me as it's too syrupy for my liking and I now know I don't love even a hint of coffee in my perfumes. I can see how some would love this though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's very popular. 

Pinched with Four Pumpkins is very creamy to me. With the tobacco and woods, sometimes it almost reads as a toasted coconut smell to me. If I dab this perfume, I don't really get much more than a hint of the cinnamon bark but when I slather, it comes out a lot more but it's still not overpowering and I tend to amp cinnamon.

Overall, it's reminiscent of smoking a wooden pipe with a cup of pumpkin coffee that has generous dollops of cream and sugar added. I was on the fence about trying this one but I'm glad I nabbed a bottle because I love it. :wub3:

The Lab's coffee notes rarely smell good to me but I figured I would take a chance on a decant because the rest sounded so amazing...

Ugh. Just watered down, burned coffee cream. Nope.

The other notes show up after about an hour but it isn't pleasant...with these notes I expected something... more.

Edited by HerbGirl

In the decant: Cinnamon pumpkin coffee, a-okay with me. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's cinnamon pumpkin with a hint of tobacco. As it dries, the cinnamon fades back a bit (sadness!), and the coffee comes out a touch, so now it's mostly pumpkin coffee with hints of cinnamon and tobacco. The more time I give it, the more the coffee surfaces, so that it's becoming mainly coffee scent graced by the other notes. 

Hmmm. The wet phase and early drydown are fabulous, spicy, pumpkin goodness. That it fades down to a coffee scent is perfectly fine, but it's not the amazingness it opened with. 

In the bottle: It smells like a coffee shop - coffee, pumpkin espresso drinks, warmth.

On wet: There's a sharpness that I guess is the tobacco?

Drying: The sharpness fades to allow the cinnamon and coffee to shine through.

Dry (30 minutes -1 hour later): This is when I like it the most. It takes on a deeper, smoother, yet sweeter scent - maybe it's a bit of pumpkin and the cinnamon hanging on? Now is when it starts to smell like a pumpkin coffee drink, but I guess the woods note keeps it from getting too syrupy-sweet.

It stays close to my skin and doesn't have much throw.

It is definitely a cozy, comforting scent that is pretty close to gourmand in my opinion. 

If you like Miskatonic University, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Coffee Bean, Cardamom, and Vanilla Pod,  and Famous Kabuki Actors in Imagined Scenes of Lovemaking, I think you will like this one. 😀

Edited by lakeplacidskater

Never tried the original Pinched With Four Aces, but I see how this is well loved. The throw on this is the strongest out of all my Weenies I have tested so far this year. Lots of tobacco and pumpkin mixed in with coffee, smells close to maple lattes maybe? Very toasty and warm, great for fall. Was not expecting the coffee to be this strong, but I love it! I don't get any woodsy scents, it's all darkly sweet coffee, pumpkin/pumpkin spice, and chewy tobacco.

The throw does weaken some as it dries down, and so does the coffee. It reminds me of Candy Corn Smut a little. A little musky like Smut but turns into a slightly sweet coffee. But this one is stronger than that one was.

Such a wonderful coffee scent, probably one of the best from BPAL!

Pumpkin with sweet tobacco. I was hoping for more coffee, and maybe just a whiff of pumpkin, but its more like pumpkin and sweet tobacco are co-hosting this shinding. Good throw and wear length.

Wet it goes on all chewy goodness but unfortunately, it dries down to a sweet tobacco coffee and the coffee note always goes weird on my skin. Still the best coffee scent I've tried from BPAL, it almost worked for me! Very good throw too!

In the haze of the Pinched mythos do not miss out on this, if for no other reason than that it's one of the best tobacco scents I've ever smelled. Subtle, deep, the pungent leaf blended with a wry pumpkin and touch of an edge in the cinnamon bark. Just a gorgeous, brazen tobacco scent. 

A beautiful spiced coffee-tobacco with a bit of pumpkin to smooth it out. It's dry but the pumpkin gives a bit of roundness to the blend. Dark and rich. 

I haven't tried the original Pinched, but I thought this would be a nice opportunity to get acquainted with it. I love tobacco, cinnamon, coffee, woods, all of that! But I am a little leery of pumpkin spice, I admit.

I definitely got the tobacco to start, and it's so chewy it comes across as boozy. But put all those notes together, and this was SO MUCH smells! Powerful stuff!! I feel like this was akin to me as a kid helping myself to the soft-serve ice cream machine at a buffet. I put ALL the sprinkles and chocolate chips and candy bits and butterscotch syrup and whipped cream on top... til I made myself sick. This was "too much holidays", as my husband said. Just a dab and I smelled like sample day at the Yankee Candle store. I get why this has such dedicated fans! But I think it's too rich for me (wow i don't think i've ever said that before). 

I was wary committing to a bottle of Pinched with Four Pumpkins, because coffee rarely stays on my skin. There was the chance it would feel… hollow, unfinished. 
Yet, I’m over here rejoicing at my leap of faith! 🙌🏻❤️🔥
I can’t quite tell if the coffee bean husk actually sticks around, actually.
My dearest beloved Pinched with Pumpkins bottle is both rich and dry on me. Syrupy pumpkin tobacco (not as syrupy as Pumpkin Snake Latte)  and strong woods backing it up and lifting it out of complete gourmand territory. There’s an almost chocolate feel to it (coffee husk, is that you?) 

It’s regal and snuggly, disciplined and extravagant. It’s pure unadulterated yum! 

Wow, this has a ton of throw as soon as you open it! It is evocative of an old neighborhood coffeeshop, as mentioned above.

The scent remains quite potent after applying. The sticky, dark, pumpkin-sweet tobacco, almost like pumpkin shisha, leads the charge, with cinnamon coffee in the background. I'm not getting any fresh pumpkin guts specifically, but pumpkin soaked wrappers definitely makes sense. As it dries the cinnamon pops into the foreground a bit more, while the tobacco starts to calm slightly, but the coffee is blending in with the tobacco now, and I love it. I have also been struggling to find my coffee scent from bpal, since the note frequently goes perfumey/floral to my nose. Here the sticky tobacco seems to be keeping things in check, or drowning things out, but somehow I still get some roasty coffee peeking through.

This is gonna last forever, since I'll only need to wear a drop at a time!

Swapped for this one, VERY glad I did!! Sniffing in the bottle and initially on my skin, I smell pumpkin tea! Cold pumpkin tea. I was worried, but then as is dried, the lovely bark and cinnamon and hint of tobacco come out!! It is a lovely pumpkin-spiced wood on me. I detect a little whiff off coffee in the dry stage, but this is a light scent to me and stays close but it is a perfect autumn scent! I am a foody/gourmand type person and this is wonderful!! 

I took a chance on this one, being unfamiliar with most of the notes listed, but I'm so glad I did! It is a beautiful, warm, autumnal fragrance. It never veers into chimney/campfire territory - I think the hint of pumpkin brings just a touch of sweetness. It's so good!

I actually like this more than the original Pinched.  I feel like this is more complex and the notes are more distinct in this blend.  I primarily smell sweet chewing tobacco that's golden and thickly sweet, like it's flavored with tons of honey and a hint of butterscotch (the butterscotch-y sweetness is something I got from the original as well).  The spices are very well behaved, coming through as light touches of pepper and earthy cinnamon bark.  In the drydown, it's much the same, but I can start picking up on the coffee and more of the tobacco, giving it a deeper, darker, more earthy, roasted aroma, which just makes the whole thing even better.  It verges on being too sweet at points, but I still enjoy this one.

Somehow the cinnamon/tobacco/coffee (and maybe the pumpkin?) are contributing to sort of a fall air freshener vibe. How did caramel/butterscotch get in there? This goes straight into unpleasantly strong candle territory on my skin. The tobacco note here is really cronchy and when I can trick myself into thinking of this as a tobacco scent it's almost charming, but whew this baby is POTENT and not interested in whether I want to warm up to its charms slowly. I'm not bold enough to join this poker table.

Fresh out of the mail. I wasn’t completely convinced this would work for me with the coffee, but I am so surprised at the scent I am getting. At first it was all dry coffee, but a minute later and I’m wondering where that sweet honey scent is coming from? I had to come back and look at the notes since honey often turns sharp and powdery on me, but what I’m smelling here is realistic and beautiful. Overall I’m getting sweet honey/tobacco and earthy coffee. I need a backup of this!

Edited by Riezky