Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Spruce Boughs, and Ti Leaf

This is beautiful: all spruce greenery and sap with a hint of the dead leaf accord in the background. There may be a tiny lift of Ti leaf (I am unfamiliar with Ti) if it is slightly bitter and tangy? If you love spruce, this could be your jam. I love it.

Edited by HerbGirl

Lots of spruce.  Hardly any dead leaves.  Maybe just a little grassiness from the ti leaf.  Did I say lots of spruce?  It's a lovely spruce scent, but it was curiously short-lived on my skin, and I was hoping for a better balance with the dead leaves. 

I've tested this oil twice on my skin and had 2 different dry down experiences.

It starts off with a strong spruce evergreen note and then slowly goes into the usual dead leaves cologne phase. 

The 2nd time around the spruce and ti leaf hang around longer and produce a beautiful combo conveying the image of wind blowing through spruce boughs in winter time.

Edited by theredkilt

Spruce/pine greens, hint of ti leaf and dead leaves. This is mainly an evergreen tree with a touch of dead leaves. Medium throw and wear length.

I decided to swap for a decant of this because of the spruce, but dead leaves are historically bad on me.

And the dead leaves are the dominant note on me for the longest time, and they're all that I get in the throw, although I can smell the spruce and ti leaf up close. Eventually, the astringent white tea note shoves the dead leaves aside in order to take the center stage, but the dead leaves remain behind that note. The spruce was very short-lived on me, alas.

But hey, it wasn't the bell pepper type of dead leaves, so there's that. I so wish I had gotten more spruce!