Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Traditional Sheet Ghost

Cool white cotton, marshmallow fluff, and lemony Oman frankincense.
Edited by Seajewel

This starts off predominantly cotton with a bit of sweet marshmallow. Then the lemony frankincense comes into the mix, and so the whole thing is kind of a nice fresh laundry 

type smell, with a little sweetness. It's cozy and pleasant, and I think I'm going to really enjoy this one.

Edited by irmavep

Hooray! It’s not the dreaded laundry soap of last year’s cozy sweater. 
I was hoping this would have a similar one to Boo, but it is definitely its own thing. Low throw, sweet but not foodie and I keep going back to my wrist to sniff. It’s clean and comforting. 

This scent reminds me a ton of Flickering Lights, Fluttering Curtains sans vanilla when sniffing in the bottle. It's also a bit like Apocalypse Box but less soapy/sharp. 

Definitely has that "fresh sheets, warm from the dryer" smell to them. Which I can dislike if it smells too soapy or detergent-y, which isn't the case here! 

The frankincense definitely amps up on the skin, and the marshmallow comes out to play as well. This scent really makes me think of spring cleaning- there is a little bit of a lemon wood cleaner vibe with the frankincense. I would usually HATE that, but it's very weird how as soon as I can getting a bit too much lemon, a waft of marshmallow comes right after and soothes the ol' nostrils lol.  

I SWEAR I am picking up a hint of saffron, or maybe even a rose/saffron combo in there, deep within the recesses of the scent, Curious if anyone else knows what I am talking about lol. If I sniff my wrist up close, it gives me a little of that 90's hairspray smell I always pick up when rose and saffron are in a blend together.

I'd say this is an excellent clean scent for those like me whole hate soapy scents. It's a very refreshing but soft, cuddly scent. Frankincense is usually too screechy for me so I tend to avoid it, but I'd say it's definitely neutered by the marshmallow! xD

Traditional Sheet Ghost is primarily the lemony frankincense on my skin, supported by fresh breezy cotton and poofy, barely-sweet, a bit powdery marshmallow. I can see how this could turn into wood polish for some. It’s definitely one for bright sunny days.

I’m getting a similar vibe as Venus Caelestis, so if you enjoyed that one, you might want to jump on this ghost in a hurry. It’s a different vibe, yet still has that perfumey resinous lemon feel. 

Not sure if I really need to keep this decant. I have a bottle of VC that I really enjoy, and I like sweeter-leaning clean scents (like Good), but maybe the marshmallow will come out more with time? 

Gorgeous poofy vanilla. Initially I get a lot of the frankincense, it is light and very citrus-bright. There's a cleanness but I wouldn't classify it as a Laundry Smell (in comparison to say, my beloved Boober). As it wears the vanilla gets warmer and even poofier. Marshmallowy but not in a gourmand way like Stekk. There's enough of that clean cotton (very gauzy in the dry stage) and the frankincense to set this apart from my other poofy vanilla scents and justify its place in my collection.

Marshmallow-poofed vanilla cotton with whiffs of a cool and mild lemony frankincense.

This smells like warm, fresh-laundered cotton sheets poofing out in the current of a lemony sun breeze.

Clean, comforting, cozy. I've been wanting a nice, happy cotton scent and here it is.

This was all about the cotton on me, which was very laundry and somewhat reminiscent of Dirty from the GC. I also got some of the lemony-ness along with it, although I couldn't smell the resinous part of the frankincense, and I didn't get any marshmallow fluff. 😭

I'll retest this after it has had more time to settle to see if I get any marshmallow. If you want a cotton-y laundry scent, this should be up your alley, though. I think I prefer Boober, though.

I agree this is a nice clean laundered cotton scent. I don't get much frankincense or marshmallow either but they are there rounding out the edges. Nice but not for me personally.

Edited by she's a carnival

In the bottle: No single note jumps out to me ... but I have an impression of a high end, floral/oriental perfume.

Wet on skin: My impression of flowers is solidified, as this goes on as a sweet, but not juvenile, floral fragrance.

Drydown: The floral fades somewhat and is grounded by what I can only surmise is the frankincense. The marshmallow tends to round out the scent, sweetening and helping to connect the entirety of the fragrance. 

Honestly not too sure what I was expecting, especially since this blend contains "cool white cotton", which can translate to an olefactory sharpness, much like dead leaves does on me. But I must say I'm happily surprised by the outcome of this, as it's not sharp at all. I find this one is a floral which isn't too sweet or heavy or powdery -- but just right.

This is delightful. The cool white of the cotton has hints of violet to me. It's a little sweet with the marshmallow and warm with the frankincense. Full effect is like a clean sheet just pulled out of the dryer. This will be a lovely spring/summer all-occasions smell.

There's definitely marshmallow, and a slight lemony vibe but not like a floor cleaner, more like if you squeezed a couple drops of lemon on your skin. It's not like how fresh squeezed lemon is, it's more like a tiny dab of lemon on the skin, like how it would actually smell and not how you would envision? Hard to describe. It doesn't quite vibe right on me like I would want, but it's pleasant enough. 

It really doesn't make sense, I'm so sorry. lulz

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

When I first put this on, all I got was vanilla-lemon marshmallow.  Then, as time went on, the nice clean cotton note started to step up.  A few hours later, this has developed into a very VERY close-to-the-skin, clean, faintly sweet and citrussy cotton candy thing with clean cotton notes.  A very good pick where you want your perfume to whisper, not shout.  I was hoping for a mostly clean cotton thing, but this is also pretty good and still a super clean scent.

Lemon marshmallows and clean cotton.  I feel like this would be the notion of a high school girl's laundry basked. Sugary, citrusy lemon, and clean. Medium throw and wear length.

I smell all three notes pretty evenly I think! Surprisingly low throw. This smells like baby laundry. Or just babies in general. It's not unpleasant and is actually pretty joyful!

In the bottle it’s frankincense followed by *warm* linens. i don’t pick up on marshmallow but i’m guessing that it’s there contributing to the coziness factor. 

On my skin i get a little more of a “clean laundry” note, slightly less marshmallow, but still cozy.

Unlike in the bottle, when i sniff my skin, i get a powdery cotton tinge in my nostrils afterwards. 

My brain is really associating this with a high school girl without even seeing zankoku_zen’s comment, lol - like a cool older sister or babysitter’s pajamas fresh out of the laundry. 

Throw and longevity are MUCH better than average on me. I can smell it while typing at my desk😁 Overall a very comforting smell, and very evocative and complex for a clean linens type of blend. 

Edited by stainedglass_siren

I hope that the Sheet Ghosts become a recurring collection because they're my favorites from the 2021 'Weenies and they have a fabric-like quality, subtle sweetness, and sophistication that makes me think of Black Lace and its series of flankers.

Traditional Sheet Ghost, in particular, really reminds me of Black Lace (and Boo, but nowhere near as sweet as Boo).  If you like sweetened cotton scents like Black Lace & Boo, I would definitely recommend giving this one a try.  Traditional Sheet Ghost is more clean smelling, but in the same family for me, and it's a really beautiful perfume.

Traditional Sheet Ghost conjures up images of white sheets hung to dry in a cool breeze with the scent of powdery lily and sweet, milky, cool vanilla clinging to the fabric.  On me, the frankincense gives off just a hint of something darker, like a whisper of church incense weaving through the clean fabric and delicate sweetness of the larger scent.  As it dries farther down, I get the lemony facet mentioned in the description and it starts to remind me of the way that magnolia flowers smell, like floral scented lemon and vanilla cream.

Clean laundry scented with sweet lily and lemony magnolia, vanilla cream, and a whisper of church incense.  I don't like soapy scents and this is clean without smelling like I outright rolled in laundry soap.  I really love this one.

On me this predominantly a cotton scent and I think that is the dominant note for me from application till it settles into my skin. It is backed up by the sweet marshmallow with a tiny hint of frankincense. This is definitely a cool, white cotton and marshmallow fluff. It's true to description on me. Love the contrast between the cool cotton and soft marshmallow. It smells so good.

After the initial application the marshmallow really starts to shine and turns this into a fluffy, sweet, sugar cotton scent. It does smell clean but the marshmallow adds something sweet and also nostalgic. I get very little frankincense, but it still there adding something resin-y in the background and complementing the cotton nicely 

The combination of the cotton, marshmallow and frankincense is so interesting though and layers together in a unique way. I can't wait to see how it ages. 

This also has amazing throw and longevity on me. 

Edited by becca_s

This one starts with a fresh-laundry cotton note -- fresh, but borderline screechy and astringent. The marshmallow (which initially almost put me off this scent) shows up after application and adds some sweetness, but it doesn't get cloying -- instead it helps tone down the sharpness of the cotton note. The frankincense is very subtle, but it adds a smoothness at the base of the scent that helps the whole blend hold together. Overall, a fresh cotton blend that could work in both spring and fall.

This one was definitely not what I was anticipating! I was expecting (and hoping for) something more in line with the subtly sweet clean-laundry scents others have described, but on my skin it's really just screaming lemon frankincense. Very astringent, almost prickly from the resin, and hardly any cotton or marshmallow. I definitely want to try it again and see if I like it any more now that I've got an impression in my head, but that will likely just help me decide between destashing and finishing off my decant—I don't see a full bottle of this in my future.

EDIT: I take it back 😅 Pulled this one out again and am finding it MUCH calmer this go-around. The frankincense is still dominant, but it's not as astringent as I found it on my first try, and I'm getting some really nice cool whiffs of cotton. Would have loved a bit more of that cotton scent, and I'm still not really getting any marshmallow, but I'm actually enjoying it on this wear.

Edited by zipegs

i tend to enjoy cottony notes more when they're wafting from the back end of a perfume, just lending their clothy-ness to the heavy hitters out front.  in this blend they're front and center, assaulting my nose with sharp stabbity floral/dryer sheet knives.  every so often i get a breath of soft vanilla cotton, then it's clobbered again by that screeching sharpness. after an hour or so that feels like an eternity, that good cottony smell starts to shyly emerge.  it's a well-worn sheet, washed and rewashed until it's almost velvety, line-dried under the baking sun, in a field of flowers. it's nice.  but not nice enough to make up for the beginning, and i lack the fortitude to withstand the journey. 

Edited by MamaMoth

Brightness from the lemon, sweetness from the marshmallow, and a refreshing, clean feeling from the linen sheets. I've worn this on every hot day since I've received it, and see myself wearing it so much this summer, I'm buying a backup.

I pair it with BBW White T-Shirt, but it can go with other clean scents or even anything "bright" or evocative of summer, such as the creamy banana-coconut scent of Sun Bum suncreen.

One of my favorite scents is that of sheets hanging out to dry in the sun, and Traditional Sheet Ghost comes near to catching that vibe.  There's a sunny lemon I wouldn't have pegged as frankincense and that clean cotton smell with a hint of vanilla.  I'm not getting a lot of marshmallow, though it is mildly sweet.  It has hardly any throw on me but lasted longer than I expected it to.  Very work appropriate and a fun summery scent.