Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Weedsmoke-infused white sandalwood, wild oakmoss, tonka, cannabis flower accord, hash resin accord, tonka bean, lavender bud, champaca flower, and tolu balsam.

I... did not expect to be first reviewing this. 

In the bottle: No small amount of lavender bud but with plenty that's grounding even for that -- my guess is the sandalwood and oakmoss. No discernible cannabis of any kind at this stage. 

On my skin:

Wet, there's something about it that goes almost soapy, but then the cannabis emerges. I get weed and sweet smoke, but not necessarily weedsmoke. And there's still oakmoss and lavender, and I think I can make out the brightness of champaca. 

As it dries, however, the weedsmoke comes out in a lovely way (I almost said "loveily," which is not a word but should be). And it is "weedsmoke-infused white sandalwood" just exactly -- grounded but with a smoky sweetness that is detectable as cannabis without being stanky or skunky. I would bet the oakmoss is adding a bit of airiness here. Every once in a while I get flits of champaca and lavender, but neither of them is a very strong presence. I don't get much tonka, but that's also my skin chemistry. 

With more time to develop, the champaca does come out a bit more, but it's still mostly weedsmoke and sandalwood. The combination of sandalwood and champaca make it vaguely remind me of Matthew 18:6, though obviously, this is plus smokiness and minus honey. What cannabis there is here is not the heavy, sticky smell I get with Pumpkin Doob, either; this is much lighter and floatier, without necessarily being a light, floral-type scent. 

This is... surprisingly elegant and refined. It's still got a woodsy, weedy, smoky element to it that I was expecting (and that I like), but I also think I would almost be able to pull it off as a work scent, though I'm not going to try. It's different from what I was expecting, but no complaints from me. 

Wet: Soap and wood and something sort of pungent.

Drydown: Old-fashioned amber-hued soap, wood, and a touch of smoke and spice. There's something familiar and comforting about this blend, though there's something sort of off about it too. It reminds me of several places I've been all mixed together. This is a time traveling scent.

Dry: A crumbly, dry, leafy, woody, herbal sort of flurry of dusty bits held together by balsam and a whisper of tonka. It smells haunted by the past. Sad almost. It's beautiful in a gentle, aching sort of way. Wistful. That's the word. It reminds me of the Tavern of Hell both in scent and in the imagery it evokes (like its somber, cleans-up-after-the-party cousin). It's truly an experience. Not at all what I was expecting.

8 out of 10 bones

This scent is SO hard for me to really nail down any specific notes other than the lavender, which is at the forefront of the scent when it's in the bottle/wet. Once it dries some, the lavender cloud settles down and blends into this and makes it a really lovely chypre that maybe smells like freshly ground dank sprinkled with a little sweet lavender. I get nothing smoky from the blend, which I consider a boon but this is such a complex and interesting combination that nothing overtly screams "I've been smoking the Devil's Lettuce all day."

This is what I would consider a unisex scent (at least on me), and I think this will also age very nicely. Even though I actually was hoping to smell a little more like jazz cabbage, I'm really glad I ordered a couple of bottles of this because it's a standout in my collection.

Starts off as a very clean lavender and white musk with just a hint of pungent greenness. The lightly spicy, slightly woody weed blooms on me for a moment, but unfortunately the champaca takes over on my skin. 

Alright. Paisley Sheet Ghost deserves it's own playlist, lol. Please add to it:

Deep Purple "Sweet Child in Time"

Uriah Heep "Look at Yourself"

Black Sabbath "Sweet Leaf"

Coven "Black Sabbath"

The Devil's Blood "The Thousandfold Epicentre"

Pantera "Goddamn Electric"

Adrenalin O.D. "Rock & Roll Gas Station"

Acid Witch "Metal Movie Marijuana Massacre Meltdown"

Dude this one is piercing, dank, sinus opening in the beginning. Definitely reefer, like reefer and clean sheets with maybe a lavender aromatherapy/high enhancer blend in the background. Very evocative. Almost skipped this one, but was vibing to some Deep Purple and Uriah Heep around the time of the release, so I went for it. It totally makes me think of toking in that one stoner metal dude's basement spinning some vinyl and really trying to cover up the smell and probably failing, lol.

I really like this, it's bringing back fond memories lol ("yall wanna listen to some...Bllleckk Sebbeth?". :hippie: Never living that one down, lol).  I might actually spring for a bottle, so far I like it way better than Blacklight Reactive Poster, even though initially sharper, it's prettier? This plays on the skin better due to the lack of patchouli. 

This is kinda a brilliant blend.

Fresh linen, champaca and weedsmoke. This smells like clean sheets stored in a house that likes to get high. Medium throw and wear length.

This is waaaay more of a linen scent than I was hoping for, but it's not a total disaster, lol.  It's a very nice, fresh linen scent, with no laundry detergent to speak of. There's a brighter moss and incense note in here, but the weedsmoke is non-existent for me, and that's literally why I bought it. 😭

Paisley sheet ghost is more like getting a hug from your old-fashioned dad or uncle, blended with a gentle linen scent. But also, weirdly enough, it is wistful and charming.  I like it a lot, but it doesn't have the best throw on me, which would make this blend more enjoyable if I could consistently smell it throughout the day. I'm glad I tried it, learned some things, lol. But I wish I'd gotten a decant instead.  I'll hang onto my bottle for a bit to see if I get anything other than nice linen, moss and incense otherwise this is heading for the sales page.

Lavender, champaca, and moss are the first notes that leap out at me, followed by the sandalwood. Then the balsam joins the party, and after that, the weed, but the weed is pretty tame in this one, although that could be because the champaca is so loud. I also get a linen note even though one isn't listed in the notes. The lavender burns off quickly, and then it it becomes a predominantly champaca, moss, and linen (is it really linen, or just part of the clean scent of the oakmoss?) scent on me for the rest of the day.

I'm not surprised this is so champaca and moss heavy on me, as those are notes I typically amp, but I am surprised the lavender was so fleeting, and the weedsmoke note is so light in this one!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Funny enough, this is actually a little bit more in line with what I was expecting from Traditional Sheet Ghost (in terms of feel, at least) than Traditional Sheet Ghost was. The weed notes almost scared me away from trying this guy out, but I don't get any weed at all from this. As others have noted, I find it to be a kind of clean, old-fashioned, kind of aged linen-y scent. A hair sweet, a little herbal, and overall very pleasant. Ordered myself a full bottle but now am wondering whether I should've gotten a backup too 😂