Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This starts off strawberry and peony, then moves onto a lovely rose note (not perfumey or sour), then dries to rose and a little carnation.  I didn't pick up any pineapple, but maybe that will come with age.  I tested this straight out of the mailbox, and I really like it so far. 

ETA: After this settled a bit, the sugared pineapple came out in the wet stage.  It made the scent more balanced in fruit and floral, yum!

Edited by TheIceMaiden

Floral Sheet Ghost is all sharp pineapple in the imp. The rose and peony come out on the skin and soften it. This smells like someone cut up a pineapple near a bouquet of flowers, but even though the pineapple mess has since been cleaned up, you can still smell it. Florals with just a drop of pineapple juice.

There's maybe a tiiiiny bit of carnation underneath it all lending a bit of warmth, but I wouldn't have picked it (or strawberry) out without reading the notes. The rose is fairly sweet comparing to other rose blends, though, so that might be the strawberry stained part.

Overall, this is a soft, bright, and happy sugary floral.

Editing to add that the carnation does come out some more as it sits. 

Edited by deadlyves

This is confusing my nose, I'll admit! It's...sharp pineapple? No, wait, sugared rose? Wait...peony? Plus the pineapple again? I'm not really getting strawberry, unless that's just adding a hint of pink sweetness in the background. Like Deadlyves said above, it really is like eating a freshly-cut pineapple (VERY fresh!) with a large bouquet of flowers beside you. I'm not always a huge floral fan but I like fruit scents, and I can like sweet florals, so I wanted to try this one, and it's sort of fascinating!

It's pretty and I think I like it, but it's very much a springtime, even tropical, scent - I could imagine wearing this in Hawaii, in the morning, while having breakfast with fresh fruit, out on a balcony!

On my skin this is basically ALLCAPS PINEAPPLE. I don't know if that's the florals that soften it just a bit as it dries down, but I'm getting no rose or peony, which is what I was hoping for! 

Pineapple lovers, this is for you. 

Well, unfortunately this scent was probably my least successful Sheet Ghost due to skin chemistry, but she has her charms for the right wrist. I have this image of Floral Sheet Ghost being the cottagecore-loving cousin to Black Satin Sheet Ghost, in that those are the two scents from this collection that I find to be the most perfumey and have the strongest throw on me.

Wet: this starts off with a blast of tangy pineapple straight away, and the rose quickly makes its way forward. I get virtually no sweetness from the sugar.

Drydown: as this dries, sadly the carnation (which is not a great note for me) sort of stomps all over the rest of the scent and this has a very sour rose phase on my skin. I generally really like rose scents, but the combination of these particular florals (without enough sweetness to balance it out) just doesn't work for me.

Bright but powdery strawberry with a sour-ish smelling pineapple. It actually smells kind of like a floral Runts at times, or another fruity type of candy. Peony and rose last the longest on me, the fruits faded pretty quickly and I couldn't detect much of the carnation at all.

I like it! Wish that pineapple stuck around longer since it was really nice.

Wet: It's a bait and switch--first, there was pineapple....now there's a punk [I'm leaving it--DC] medicine in syrup form I had to take as a child that smells like this.  It had to be kept in the fridge. 

Dry: Rose and pineapple and powder.

Hmm.

When wet it's beautiful juicy pineapple sweets and honestly I would be overjoyed if it just stayed like that.

As it dries I get more rose and the pineapple edges backwards out the room. Come back Pineapple! I love you! Don't be bullied out by those powdery notes!

Pineapple didn't listen 😫 and once dry it's all powdery rose on me.

After a few weeks of resting: Lovely, juicy pineapple rose, drying to an airy, slightly powdery sweet rose tinged with fresh pineapple. On my unique skin chemistry the drydown brings to mind a gentler, more delicate Poinsettia Gown, with airy pineapple instead of creamy vanilla.

Sweet smoke, a note of pineapple and strawberry on wet, but it mainly dries to a sugary smoke + clean clothes. This is more like Midnight on the Midway got throw into a clean laundry basket. Medium throw and wear length.

This is a nice floral/fruit blend. The pineapple, strawberry, and rose are the strongest notes and this trifecta is actually really complementary. The sourness of the pineapple and strawb brings out the sharper aspects of the rose, but their sweetness also enhances the rose’s sweet floral essence.  I’m not really getting carnation or peony at all.  I had no clue what this would smell like or if I’d like it, and I’m pleased that’s a successful combining of notes that I never would have thought of as going together!