Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cognac-Stained Sheet Ghost

Cognac Sheet Ghost, takes me on a real scent journey- it goes through phases and it changes over time.

First applied it is a sweet cognac vanilla then it morphs into a boozy cognac vanilla and kind of coconut scent. At this stage it almost like smells like a cocktail. I could swear that this had coconut in it because my Tattered Lace has coconut and they go through a phase of smelling kind of similar. 

After a while the booziness from the cognac fades and I'm left with the balsam infused vanilla. The cognac leaves a warmth to the vanilla making it quite cozy. There is also something reminiscent of cologne in the back ground which I'm guessing is the balsam. Overall, it ends up being a warm, dry, balsamy vanilla. The balsam smells more like cedar on me than pine.  It does remind me of Tombstone as other people have mentioned. It wears well over time and has a good throw on me.

Edited by becca_s
Spelling

this perfume is just perfect in every way.  i'm obsessed! 

the notes are so perfectly meshed and balanced, it's hard to pick them apart, but i will endeavor to. 

balsam is a favorite of mine, but it's particularly gorgeous here: resinous, golden, woodsy.  not green at all, but blending with the cognac to create something liquid and golden brown, aggressive but not obnoxious.  the vanilla... the vanilla fills in the gaps and smoothes it out some, like vanilla do. but it isn't foody or creamy in the slightest.  it feels like a whole vanilla bean, but dry. (from the tumbleweed maybe?  what even does tumbleweed smell like??) the whole blend has a... dryness?  i hesitate to call it that, because it's usually a turn off for me, but here it works so, so well. it's also a little sharp, in the best possible way. it dances on the senses, never really settling down or smoothing out, and i'm SO here for it.

throw is phenomenal, and it's still going pretty strong hours after application. it also doesn't change much.  the vanilla gets a little more full-bodied, perhaps.  but at no stage is this a vanilla-based perfume for me. it's warm, woody, and balsamic. 

put quite simply, it's one of the best things i've ever smelled. 

Edited by MamaMoth

This may be one of the loveliest perfume I own, and that says a lot. I am getting a lace vibe, along with lovely wood note reminiscent of  Tombstone.  There is a good dose of vanilla, and all together comes to be a very sophisticated, warm blend.  This would remind me of an old house with a lot of wood in it and an airy breeze coming from fields and a woodland forest not far away.  I would love to smell this on a guy.

So effing stunning. Totally lives up to the hype. ❤️

I think I can only agree with MamaMoth here: Perfectly blended - golden, balsamic, glorious, not a big morpher.

The vanilla is very woodsy and almost smokey. Not gourmand at all.

Deep, boozy, almost nutty and delicious: Spicy cedar or mahogony with a musky and resinous undertone that's still light and with a linen quality to it.

The scent is dry, boozy and balsamic at its core. Hard to pick apart but somehow part of the Lace family.

This will become one of my new all-time favorites for any occasion.

In the Bottle: Kinda boozy.

Wet: Very boozy.

Dry: This takes a good 15 minutes to dry down. Once it's dry, I get a gently dry vanilla scent over unfamiliar but pleasant smells.

This is definitely phantom perfume. If I stick my nose to my skin, I get a barely there dash of dryness plus a few wisps of wood and vanilla. But when I'm not shoving my nose to my arms, I smell a lightly sweet, woody vanilla with a "perfume" background. I get why folks are so excited about this one. If it was stronger on me, I would definitely get a backup.

UPDATE: OK! About a month later and this is now all kinds of awesome on my skin. It is much stronger than when I first got it. CSSG leads with the tumbleweeds. There's a boozy, woody, sexy vanilla underneath and boy howdy am I glad I snagged a backup! 

UPDATE #2: Oh ffs. This last skin chemistry change has so many perfume casualties, I can hardly deal. For a while there CSSG was a "two dots and done" perfume, where one dot from the cap on each arm led to hours of wear-time with excellent projection.

This is now muted on my skin, which I could live with except that it dries down with that "didn't get watered enough" bitterness of a crappy stalk of celery. I bloody hate that smell. This skin chemistry treachery is the limit.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

What the fuck. This is that brown and cream, textured, hooded sweater cloak thing you would've never in a million years picked up at the thrift store but your friend slaps it on you and managed to dress you better than you have yourself the past 20 years. Then you finally feel like the Middle Earth badass that you know you are.

Rogue Lace, alright. I'll probably get it. 

This is gorgeous. When first applied, the throw reminded me of sweet vanilla black tea. Overall it’s a gently warm, resinous, woodsy vanilla that I want to bathe in. 

This was a beautiful soft woody vanilla. Not much else though on me. It was light and pretty but just too light for me. Love the label though 👻