Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Winds of Autumn

Bonfire smoke and apple peel swirling with dried leaves, charred cedar, white sandalwood, amber resin, and cinnamon sticks.

I randomly opened bottles to sniff and went OOH I GOTTA TRY THIS ONE. I wish it stayed as fruity as it is in the bottle - on my skin it's much drier with the char, the smoke, and the resin, but the bottle is like Halloween Fruit Punch in all the best ways.

Lots of the smoke and apple when wet, but it dries down to cinnamon, woods, and apple with a little twinge of smoke. I'm not getting any of the cedar, which is a bit of a bummer, but it might pop out more as it settles. The amber gave it a light sweetness, and the dried leaves aren't the cologne/bell pepper variety as far as I can tell. Overall, it reads as a lighter counterpart to Samhain, so if you're spooked by the patchouli in that, this would be a lovely alternative!

I dont often blind bottle anymore, but I did order a bottle of this right off the bat and I do not regret it! My favorite weenie from this year so far, though I still have some testing to do.

Winds of Autumn reminds me of a mix between Dead Leaves on Fire (the leaves and smoke), Apple Butter Rum (dark spiced apple), and Falling Leaves Moon (specifically the cinnamon and DL combo). Its warm, thick, spiced apple with smoke and sandalwood pulling it out of the gourmand.

No burn from the cinnamon, though I never react too strongly to it. Smoke can often go to a weird maple place on me, but it's really nice in this blend. The DL are there in the background as a pairing, not sharp or cologney up front.

This is warm and comforting and fall, very thick and rounded, mostly apple/smoke/cinnamon up front. I love it!

I think I have finally found my autumnal signature scent! My favorite from the Weenies this year!

Wet, it's all smoky campfire wood and sweet apple, but as it dries, the cinnamon makes itself known. Once it's fully dried down, the other notes fill in the background with the resins and a soft rustle of papery dried leaves, some of which may have drifted into the campfire.

It's like drinking hot spiced apple cider around a big bonfire at the edge of the resplendent autumn woods.

They’re not kidding about the bonfire smoke. XD Both in the bottle and when I first put it on the scent of smoke is overwhelming. There’s also something I can only describe as a food note. It’s not the apple. Possibly the cinnamon? It reminds me of burnt almonds or something like that. So, yes, at first it’s pretty intense. As it dries down I can detect the dried leaves and the apple. Maybe charred cedar. All in all, this really makes me think of a forest on fire in the middle of fall. Possibly an apple orchard on fire. The softer notes of sandalwood and amber never really peeked through for me. It’s an effective scent but may be better for scenting a room than for wearing.

Still, I will say that it's growing on me. I think that, depending on how this ages, it could turn out to be a favorite.

Mm, apple-char smoke. 

I love most smoke notes, as well as the other notes listed, and this doesn't disappoint.

Charred and heavily smoking apples, burning dried leaves, cedar, and a soft cinnamon.

Beautiful autumn scent and my favorite of the Weenies tried so far. So glad I tried this for today, Thanksgiving.

In the bottle and wet it's all bonfire smoke and charred cedar, they clearly are taking the lead. After 5 minutes the apple pop-up with a happy hello for some good time in the woods with the smoke, leaves and burnt wood, joined some time later by the cinnamon, a bit shy at the beginning but it gets stronger after a while. After a couple of hours the smoke is slowly drifting away and the apple and cinnamon sticks floats around you, a little bit like a nice and comforting cup of mulled apple cider.

I love that it smell 100% apple peel, almost no flesh, just the skin of the apple. This is wonderful and the mix of fruits + woods is one of my favorite combinaison, so I am very happy about this one!

This doesn't like me.  It's better the second try so I'm assuming it needs to sit but...

If I put it in the wrong spot on my arm, it's movie theatre/stadium nachos and pickled jalapenos.  I don't think the tinned cheese food note is there as strongly this time.  Halite Phoenix had a similar chip vibe.  I'm thinking it's the peel that's giving the jalapeno note.

In the right spot, the bonfire has a bit of a chemical tang upfront but gives way to apple peel and campfire, then apple cinnamon smoke.

In the bottle, this was a bit alarming to me - smoke but with an odd food note - not sweet foody, but more savory and sharp. Sort of like burnt cumin.

On skin, that strange note is nowhere to be found - instead it's a burnt sugar scent with a bit of spice. As the blend continues to dry down, it becomes more rounded - a bit of apple and cinnamon, but not so overpowering that it smells like a fall candle. Scents like Samhain are a bit heavy for me, this one winds up being a bit sweeter, lighter, more airy. 

I really like it - I'm not a fan of the season, but this blend manages to make autumn more likeable for me!

Smoky cinnamon, apples, resins and woods. It sort of reminds me if Bonfire Night decided to amp the foodiness. Medium throw and wear length.

Straight up ashtray. Maybe a flick of apple potpourri that someone set out to cover up the scent of Straight Up Ashtray. But omg CRINGE. nope.

It's very smokey the first few weeks. Like I must be right next to a campfire with a glass of hot spiced apple cider. That was beautiful and perfect and unfortunately, doesn't stay long on my skin. 

I've had my bottle for about two months now and I can assure everyone that the smoke dies down a lot (which is disappointing for me) and the scent has gotten sweeter. Now it's more like over cinnamoned apple with cedar. Still a pleasant smell, but I'm sad the big smoke smell went away. 

I swapped for this, knowing it was very risky with the bonfire and dead leaf notes, but this is truly an epic fail on me and went wrong in a way that I did not imagine.

I don't think this is just skin chemistry because it smells funky in the bottle, too, but I imagine my track record with the Lab's smoke and dead leaves notes just made it worse when it hit my skin. I'm sad to say that this made me smell like I rolled around in an ash tray with an apple peel in it, making it the worst scent experience I've had in a long time. The ashy bonfire smoke and mulchy dead leaves together are a force to be reckoned with, and the amber in this might be contributing to that, too, as I had a flashback to my experience with Mommy's Little MI6 Agent. There's some cinnamon in the mix as well that lasts with the bonfire smoke throughout wear -- those end up being the dominant notes after I braved through this for several hours.

Sounds like starbrow and I had similar experiences. I'll probably pass on this bottle to someone who enjoys atmospheric, smoky, autumnal scents and hope they have better luck with it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

What a lovely nostalgic autumn blend. Even on a hot summer day, it takes me to a time of crisp air, leaves falling, smoke from a warm fire. There’s a touch of licorice maybe? Something I can’t identify. I’m also noticing the tart, fruity apple peel note. I’m not picking up the cinnamon, but that’s ok. Wow, just gorgeous, and so well balanced, you get a little of everything!

I LOVE this perfume. It smells exactly like I want fall to smell. My skin amps fruity notes, so between that and the woody notes, this scent smells like apple-picking on me. Not getting much of the amber or cinnamon, but I don't really mind.