Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Pumpkin Spice Absinthe

Wow, I really like this one! The pumpkin spice seems sweeter and more gentle than in most PS blends (more similar to that in Jack maybe? Although I don't have that one nearby for comparison at the moment). I haven't tried the old Pumpkin Spice Absinthe, so I can't compare to say if this one is different. There's a kind of baked-goods vibe that makes me think there's a hint of pumpkin note in here, not just spice. The sweet pumpkin-and-spice opening dries down to reveal the Lab's lovely absinthe note, the sour lemon tempered by sugary PS and light anise. I wasn't planning on a bottle of this, but after trying my decant, a bottle is definitely in my future!

2021 version!

This one was almost all absinthe, and once it calmed down the sleaze, I get more of the spices, aniseed, and booze. Herby. Green, slightly PSL, but mainly absinthe amped up on spices. Good throw and wear length.

I'm a big fan of this one for when I want spice but not too much.  I get nice mellow pumpkin spices with the absinthe brightening it up & giving it a hint of citrus. It seems like there is a baked goods base but it could be a subtle buttery pumpkin note, too. This is a fabulous scent to transition from Summer to Fall/Autumn.

2023 version! (If there's another review thread that I missed, please point me at it.)

I was nervous to skin-test the boozy Pumpkin Patch blends because I don't, as a rule, play well with alcohol notes. Well, the joke's on me, because this was the one I was most afraid of, and now I want a bottle.

Sniffed: spicy and pleasant, with top notes of cardamom, nutmeg, and something that smells like a warm, woodsy cologne. There's some round pumpkin pulp in the center married to the anise, sweet fennel, and black licorice notes of the absinthe itself. Wormwood itself is bitter and green, and I get a tiny bit of herbal greenery, but not bitterness. At one point I'm thinking I smell palo santo? Sandalwood? Bay leaf?

The overall effect has the warm burn of fine liquor in your gullet. I love, actually this blend. "Would you like to smell like a nutmeg and licorice cologne?" "Yes, yes, I -- I had no IDEA how much I wanted to smell like a nutmeg and licorice cologne!"

Booziness: 3/5. Pumpkin Pie Spiciness: 4/5. Balls: pure brass.