Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Crabgrass, dandelion sap, white clover, purslane, and soil unsettled by skateboard wheels.

I've tried this twice. I get sweet crabgrass (which smells like it has a bit of a tart green apple aspect to it) and dandelion sap in the decant and freshly applied, and if it had remained as that lovely grassy scent, it probably would have been bottle-worthy. But alas, both times I've tried this, I've experienced an epic skin chemistry fail. For some reason, it has morphed into a tomato soup sort of scent like Pumpkin Gazpacho on me. This happens to me sometimes with some scents, sometimes with completely different notes, and I am not sure what is causing it here. :( On top of that, I do get a sharp metallic note representing the skateboard wheels, and there were times when I sniffed this and it started to give me a headache. The white clover and just a hint of dirt pop up after a few hours, but they unfortunately are still accompanied by the soup and metal notes. 

Alas, it was not meant to be. I envy those who can pull this off, because it smells so nice in the vial! 

Oooh I like this a lot. Bright green, grassy, and alive. Dandelion and clover are forefront, and if you liked Tennis Match these are the same. Peppery, vibrant green, and indeed almost green apple-y. The soil note is barely there and reads a bit more like earthy, soft patchouli than the suffocating type of dirt (zombi, et al). There's a top note that is clear, bright, almost-kinda-floral, like tulips maybe? Below it all there's a cold note, like melted runoff snow that makes it smell like the first day of spring when everything comes back to life after a long winter. NOT the lab's snow note, but something like a chill on the wind. This is what I was hoping Sprouting Grass Moon would have been, but with zero of the strange swampy, melted-gumdrop gloopiness I got from that one.

Fans of Tennis Match, Imayo, and Gaia's Blessing will probably love this. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

Was not expecting to get Tennis Match vibes from this at all but I did and now, of course, I MUST HAVE IT!  Skate Punks opens with a blast of dandelion and clover, sweet, green bright and sap-kissed. It immediately flows into the most beautiful lush green, dew-laden and perfectly chilled florist case while also still reading like you've stuck your head into a real living sweet green hedge, like a box cedar but without the obvious cedar twang. I agree with c0rt that it's not the Lab's snow note, but it is a beautifully clean, chilly, fresh runoff scent that opens up all the green notes to give it that florist case/face-in-a-tree vibe. The clover is also very noticeably clover and has a lovely honey sweetness to it that I really really enjoy.

I don't get much dirt either, just a gentle suggestion of earth, and the metal note from the skate board wheels just seems to flicker in and out, sharpening the runoff note. It doesn't assert itself and I mercifully, thankfully do not get any tomato soup vibes from this scent.

Slathering it on made me smile - a real smile. And I really really love that. Love it, adore it, so so happy to have found a 'match' for my holy grail miss out, Tennis Match!

COVID nose review so take this with a pinch of grass but:

DUDE this is like 2017 Lilith Dancing Among The Tombs (Osmanthus and jasmine, Spanish moss and dandelion, Snake Oil and Dorian.)  Honestly, this may even be better. DATT can go a little metallic and wonky, maybe the moss or just how the SO and Dorian play out. However, even though my nose isn't completely up to snuff (bad pun, sorry), this is a nice outdoor, spring time, buoyant, fae-like blend. In the vial I get bright, grassy dandelions and greenery, almost so green it's slightly mentholic. Not like toothpaste, just in a bright, green, herbal kind of way. Not much dirt, not in any major way with any grit, at least, but maybe the cleaner aspects of the dirt note. Barely there really.

On the skin the dandelion and green notes really sing. It does kind of remind me of skating or skateboarding outside on a sunny day and bits of grass and things get stuck in your wheels when you go off-...roading? off-skating?  It's fresh, clean, and with a bit of a dusty element to it, like air out in the country when the wind picks up dust from the driveway. 

Although this doesn't supplant Alkemia's Summer Dandelion on me, this is gorgeous in it's own right. Very glad I took a chance on this last minute and considering a bottle.

For fans of Dancing Among The Tombs, Alkemia First Dandelion or Summer Dandelion.

Don't know why my nose is picking this up, but i'm getting a soft snow note similar to both the one in midwinter's eve and frost at midnight (leaning more towards the latter) with a fancy mainstream perfume splashed on top. It starts here, as this kinda lemony snow thing, and then morphs into the following;

Then, it starts to resemble the actual notes (lol) the soil here being a more wet one (not necessarily dirt-y), a vague metallic and those warm, sappy greens. Strange, but very easy to love. This is a very happy, kinda pinkish green scent.