Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hell yes, exactly what it says! No tricks here. Except HOW does she do this. Not sure what else to say about it, it's fucking perfect if the description sounds up your alley. 

Yep, this one perfectly matches its name and scent description! So if you don't like lavender or ozone, you will not enjoy this. But if you do enjoy those notes, or have appreciated the Lab's previous lavender rain scents, you will probably like this one! This is all lavender and a crack of ozone. There's a coolness to the ozone, but there's no mint or eucalpytus or anything like that present here. It smells like lightning just cut across the sky as cool rain begins to fall. It is a booming scent, one that will be smelled across the room if you slather, but somehow the ozone in this is smoother than I've experienced in other scents and doesn't veer into soap territory (though it does smell clean).

I love this and will need back-ups because this will get a ton of wear as a sleep scent. This is one of my favorite Liliths that I've tried from this year's collection (so far)! :wub2: 

Sharp lemony lavender. Lots of lavender, sweet lemon, and ozone. And a little cool, electric-white *zap* that brings elemi and clean eucalyptus to mind.

In the drydown, I get a little powdery white musk; otherwise, this stays pretty true to its early life on my skin. 

ETA: Having just tried Virgo Side-Eye, the two smell virtually identical to me. Either my nose is broken, or my LL decant is really a Side-Eye oopsy (it may have been bottled that way). This could be why I was getting lemon, elemi, and eucalyptus... Mm dunno.

Edited by Casablanca

Smells like I just washed my hair with a lavender-eucalyptus-mint shampoo and baby, you can just tell, that shampoo was EXPENSIVE. You know, shampoo from when you were visiting that one friend who has two different guest bathrooms in their lake house. Never gonna find it in any grocery store that mortals can enter. I'm not sure how, but this perfume oil gave me a quick shoulder massage and told me my hair looks great.

Lavender Lightning is not what I was at all expecting. I don't get much petrichor or ozone in it, but it's a delightfully complex scent that will probably be glorious during sweaty weather. The first notes I get are lavender and lime. It's giving me a lavender fougere vibe. Then I get spearmint and thyme? There's some nice green herbal shooting through it. It makes me think of a little of Lush's Dirty shower gel. Very refreshing and herbal. It's the feeling of a thunderstorm, but not the smell of one. 

Silly me, was not expecting this one to be so very LOUD! Definitely lots of throw, apply sparingly. But ultimately what does not agree with me is the sweetness - this is giving a powdery fougere on my skin. Might have anticipated that since there was a lot of Dorian in the Fatherhood collection this year, or maybe I'm just catching a "cold" note the wrong way. 

i decided to add this one at the last second.

it's exactly what it says it is!

very fresh, very lavender.

i like this more than i expected to, actually.

not as "cold" as i thought it might be, thankfully.

equally wearable in the daytime or for going to bed!

Clean lavender ozone. If you don't like either, this isn't for you. This reminds me to Stormclouds over the Midway, but not with sugary edibles, but rather lavender. Good throw and wear length.

I love some but not all lavenders. I am still getting acquainted with ozone. This did not work for me.

The lavender is the dry herbal version (i like it sweet) and the ozone comes across sour. I like Stormclouds Over the Midway alright, but my skin/nose/taste did not appreciate this one.

Holy smokes this is sharp. Totally zingy, yet not like ozone usually is, there's a mentholic quality to it. I'm wearing it at the same time as Paisley Sheet Ghost, and the two are really opening my sinuses up. On left inner elbow, hella throw. Ye Mighty Triton Bearer would be proud. There is something icy and piercing about this. I believe the lavender note is the same as PSG. I'll have to revisit Stormclouds, but something in this reminds me more of the zingy mint top notes in Green Tree Viper, maybe like a lavender hued version of that. 

Interesting. I like the clearing effect which I needed. Probably won't grab a bottle. Urban Undine seemed to work a bit better. Glad I went the decant route, almost blind bottled LL and skipped UU had I gone the bottle route, I actually found UU to be a bit more ozonic than this one. 

tldr sharp minty lavender ozone.

The ozone is strong on application, and at first I felt kind of meh about the scent, but the dry down is sooooo good. I love putting it on before bed and waking up to this strong, gorgeous lavender thunderstorm smell. It isn't an approximate recreation of rain smell necessarily, but it definitely captures the sense of heavy purple stormclouds and cold drops of rain striking asphalt, like petrichor without being earthy.

I've been trying more lavender scents lately, after White Chocolate & Lavender Madeleines and also Mari Lwyd were unexpected wins for me! This sounded intriguing, like it might be a good sleep scent or hot weather scent.

In the bottle and wet, it's a sharp clean-smelling lavender - not soapy, but like the air is very cold and clear and bracing, and also full of fresh herbal lavender.

As it dries, it almost ventures into...I once had a boyfriend who loved to wear, like, Cool Water and those sorts of scents, and my nose is doing a weird scent-association, I think. Hmm.

An hour or so later, it's sort of a cool dry lavender herbal mint! I might like it to be a touch sweeter, but I do like sweetness in general. I do think it'll be a good sleep scent, especially at this stage.

In the imp: Lavender drenched in aquatics.

Wet: This is such an odd scent on me and not at all what I was expecting from the description, or from my sniff test of the decant. Usually I amp lavender, but here I get barely a hint of it - it's drowned by white florals, a splash of lime, and a wee hint of eucalyptus. (I didn't buy Virgo Side-Eye in my decant circle, but I get the same notes here as the review up thread which mentions that one!)

Dry: Citrus-layered lotus - a bubblegum lightning. Following the initial dry-down, all lavender disappears and never resurfaces, which is so upsetting - Lilith's lavender is probably my favourite of all the BPAL lavender notes. Average wear time with medium throw.

Stars: ★★★½