Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A white tea fougere with lavender frankincense, marble-white sandalwood, white carnation, and sweet hay.

White tea fougere (emphasis on the white tea) is the star here, backed by the lavender frankincense, white carnation, and a bit of hay. The hay increases in strength over time and adds a really nice warm sweetness to the blend, but the white tea fougere remains the most prominent aspect of this scent. I get some of the dry white sandalwood in the background, too, along with the frankincense (which seems to be lavender-free by the end of the day). I have to stick my nose to my arm to pick up any of the white carnation, but it is there -- just not as bold as the red variety.

This one is sharper than Venustas (frankincense, sweet myrrh, bourbon vanilla, and a hint of willowy, pale fougere) which features some of the same notes, and that's due to the strong white tea in this blend, but it does settle into a nice fougere mixed with some hay and resins. I don't think I need more of this (I think I like more sweetness with my fougere, and that's probably why the sweet hay is my favorite part of this scent), but it's definitely worth a try if you like fougere!

Edited by doomsday_disco

If you love BPAL's white tea note, crisp and cool and sweet, then this is already in your wheelhouse. That is the dominating presence in Graveyard Guessing Game, along with something a little grassy and lemony (that's the hay) and a drop of lavender. As it settles on the skin, the true hay begins to emerge, this golden sun-warmed dreamy haze of a scent that is so gorgeous when it shows up in BPAL. It reminds me of a Shunga, and especially of A Vision of the Courtesan, but heavier of course on the white tea. I'm enjoying it a lot and could picture myself wearing it in several different seasons.

I do love this one but fear I wouldn't use a whole bottle of it, because of how similar it is to other white tea scents. I think I'd like more than a decant though. 

This is very strong on the tea when wet - that I figured it wouldn't be a keeper. But then I went for a walk and found myself sniffing it constantly - it had settled on my skin, the sweeter and more resinous elements came through (I am not sure if it is lavender frankincense or if it is once everything settles together that is the best descriptor of it - a bright herbal resinous scent), but it became a keeper then - not sure if I need a bottle though.

Oh how I love this. It's a little Dr. Pepper fruity cola sarsaparilla to start, like I get with Jareth, An Ineffable Game, or Etienne de Boray Oak. Sweet, slightly spicy, wood. And I definitely get a rich Dorian sweet tea aromatic, brown but effervescent. It's got great throw. An enveloping smell. The lavender doesn't stand alone, but kind gives a lift and carries the higher notes through the air. Just a few dabs and I've got myself a delightful aura. Fun, curious, lighthearted but with depth of personality. 

Clean white tea, crisp as folded white table linens, opens the scent. But there's also a pale creamy quality that reminds me of rice milk, much like one of the Shungas. Clean white tea, creamy rice milk, and a whiff of sweet hay. Pretty.

I notice a touch of the carnation in drydown, but mostly this is clean white tea, creamy rice milk, and a little sweet hay. Very Shunga.

i imagined myself liking this one more, though i was skeptical as i havent found anything with "fougere" in the description that i've liked so far.

it's a quiet scent. the associations to Shungas (& also to soap) are not wrong. 

somehow it overall reminds me of "green" scents more than i thought it would - perhaps that's the hay.

the frankincense keeps this light & clean & grounded. 

overall, pretty, but not quite for me! i bet a lot of people will enjoy this one tho - i just tend to go for heavier scents than this 🙂

Wet: White tea and bright fougere. A little bit sparkly.

Drydown & Dry: The brightness of white tea with a squeeze of what I swear is some sort of citrus note, like neroli or mandarin. Beneath is a soft layer of fluffy lavender fougere and something smooth and lightly woody, which could be the sandalwood or the hay, I'm not sure. This is a very clean, crisp, uplifting scent - bright and light but soft around the corners, not at all sharp. A very wearable, neutral, happy sort of scent.

7.5 out of 10 bones

In the beginning I get a nice light fougere and citrus vibe too, unfortunately this veers slightly into acrid territory, like oud or oil notes do although my nose might be picking up things that aren't there. Could be the hay note reading that way. This was a nice clean citrus fougere in the beginning though, so I think fans of Theodosius or Dorian might like this and should definitely give it a try. Theodosius behaves well on my skin so I will stick with that, but don't skip this one if fougeres are your jam. 

Dagnabbit, it's going a bit play-doh too, like some fougeres do. Kinda thought that would happen. Seems like violet, orris, and some fougeres go that route, just depends on the blend I guess. That being said, this does share some slight similarities to Lucy Westenra, which is pretty much straight play-doh. 

For fans of Dorian, Theodosius, Dancing Among The Tombs, etc, etc, etc.