Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Winter’s Walk in the Cemetery

Lilith’s lavender and my Dorian on a rambling walk through soft, sweet grass, cypress trees, piles of maple leaves, and bright bouquets of lilies and roses.

The lilies and roses are the most prominent notes at first, backed by the maple leaves (which smell like dried maple leaves and haven't morphed to cologne or bell peppers -- yet) and some sweet green grass. It's really strong on the grass and florals (but especially the lilies and roses) on me throughout wear. I never got any lavender or Dorian, but perhaps that would change with more time to settle. It ended up being slightly wonky on me after a few hours, and I don't know if that's the way the rose and lily combined with the leaves or if it were something else causing it. But it was still pretty well-behaved on me compared to other blends featuring leaves.

I'll let this rest some more and retest it before it goes away. I really want to get some lavender and Dorian from this, but the lily and rose are so loud on me.

Fresh lilies and cypress trees! The pine comes and goes in a very interesting, phantom way. I think the Dorian and lavender add a sort of sorrowful sweetness in the background, although difficult to pick them out individually. Not getting much rose. It's a memory of a walk more than the walk itself. A sweet, sad memory! I like this one and florals are not usually my thing

When it first arrived, my decant of A Winter's Walk was all lilies (boo hisssss) and roses and grass. Now that it's settled down, it begins with a hint of floral amidst a ton of green squishy grass (just like Wolf Moon 2021) and morphs down into a gothy fog machine and memories of clove cigarettes kind of grass (again, just like Wolf Moon 2021!). I find that latter stage utterly GORGEOUS and rather surprising, but quite familiar from the 2021 grass note.

What I don't get in the slightest? Dorian, lavender, cypress, or maple. Those worried about leaves need not be; dead leaves are nowhere to be found here. I'm actually not really getting any lily now that this thing has calmed down, and not really any rose either! Maybe some dried petals? The florals are quite soft and gothic, just the way I like them. I would love more Dorian, and I hope that pops more with aging.

I...am kind of shocked, I want a bottle now? Maybe? I will put my decant on the watch list and see how it emerges over the next couple of months! I think if you loved Wolf Moon 2021, this is in the same vein but a little less spring, a little more nostalgic and shadowed. Currently enjoying it a lot but will need to deathmatch the two to see if they are really that different. Stay tuned ;)

UPDATE FEB 2022: the florals are winning. Nevermind. I don't even want to keep this decant. Wolf Moon 2021 is oodles better!

Edited by starbrow

Sweet, grassy florals. The typical floraly-ness of the lilies and roses is more hint as they mingle with the maple and sweet grass. I am not getting much of Lilith's lavender and Dorian, which is a bit of a bummer, as I really, really, really love Lilith's lovely lavender. I was hoping for a touch more of the soft herbaceous-ness of that. But all that said - it's a very beautiful scent, delicate - makes me think of...wind? Because it feels ethereal and evocative, I think of wind rushing through the cemetery and making the dead, maple leaves dance around the tombstones, and those fake rose and lily flowers people put out (not because anything in this smells "fake" - it's just the image I get).

I love florals, but I prefer them big, damp, and humid. This one is more sedate and dry. I don't get much Dorian here, and the lavender isn't the sweet kind I associate with Lilith. It leans more heavily on the dry leaves elements, more brown than green. Very much a dried floral arrangement. My skin turns most lemony notes into cleaning products, and here it makes the roses sing that lemony tune, overpowering the lilies and grasses.

Winter's Walk opens with a bloom of lilies and roses over green grasses and swampy-green cypress trees.

After a bit, I find a little tumble or two of dried maple leaves when I look for it, but meanwhile, the lilies are going quite soapy on me, as they often like to.

Now and then I think I catch a suggestion of Dorian's black tea, but I never notice lavender or other notes. The soapy lilies soap all over the place for the rest of the blend's life on my skin.

Out of the Dorian blends from the 2021 Liliths, this is my favorite! It smells like an overgrown garden in the middle of autumn. The maple leaves doesn't smell anything like Dead Leaves to me. The florals are very strong, especially the lilies and lavender. Rose appears too, but it's fainter than the rest. Dorian shows up more when it dries down and the florals soften a bit.

It's really lovely, and I hope with some aging Dorian gets stronger.

Green grass, lilies, and hint of rose over Dorian and lavender. It's basically an herby Dorian. I would be interested to see how this ages. Good throw and wear length.

I don't really smell any Dorian in this but it is really fresh and lovely. I smell a lot of sweet grass and leaves with soft, fragrant lilies and just the slightest bit of dewy rose. This smells a lot like the woods, very sweet and lush. 

Sweet, dry grass, roses, and lilies, a touch of dry, papery dead leaves, cool, green cypress comes out later.  I don't get lavender or Dorian. 

a dewy, wet rose, green lilies, crushed wet green grass, and some pine. lilith’s lavender is a very herbaceous sharp type of lavender that is present here if i squint. it smells quite wet to me, but i can see why everyone else says dried flowers because it does have a potpurri kind of vibe. 

it’s absolutely gorgeous and a very unique blend that i think my nose needs more time to get used to. i got this decant months ago, and my impression hasn’t changed yet. maybe i just need to wear this more!

i’m considering hunting a FB down! 

Edited by pommelo

Aged slightly more than I'd usually start with, as my 2021 Lilith purchases were part of a decant circle that spent several months in limbo due to covid and USPS shutdowns. I was very excited to finally receive them this Valentine's Day :P

In the imp: Grass, dewy lillies, and maple-strewn roses.

Wet: A lovely woodsy base with overtones of flower beds and sweet hay.

Dry: This settles into something very reminiscent of October, with the tea-soaked overlay I get from Dorian, but nary a hint of lavender to be seen. Medium throw, 8-10 hours of wear.

Stars: ★★★★

Freshly applied the grass and leaves combo is swoon worthy - very evocative of a walk on a crisp Fall day. The lilies are present but not overbearing, although I think they obscure the lavender. A soft sweet tea comes out as it dries, along with some rose. Might layer this with a bit more lavender - perhaps Dead Leaves and Lavender Buds - but it's truly gorgeous on its own. A fresh white bouquet in a well kept cemetery.