Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

All While Dreaming, Shakes Her Head

Right before Lilith started 8th grade, they got their first full set of gels. It may not seem like much to some, but for us it was a milestone. This is the scent of roses and red currants coffin-tipped with a smidge of sweet patchouli.

Wow...All While Dreaming Shakes Her Head is the most mature Lilith perfumes I have ever smelled. The roses and the coffin wood are what stand out to me with the patchouli just peeking through on the dry down. It’s totally a growing up touchstone. Like if your mom had a perfume that she only used for special occasions and you happened to sneak a bit of it when you wanted to feel really special. This is really beautiful and will age into something regal, I have no doubt about it, just like Lilith themself!

All While Dreaming is a deeply melancholic blend of dried red roses, old polished wood, and smudges of patchouli.

The red currants do no more on my skin than give the dried roses a bit of a fruitier tone; they're very subtle. Mostly this is about the dried red roses, especially their wistful, sort of yesteryear dried quality.

A very pretty blend, but not at all a flourmand is you had anticipation of such because of the red currant note (Those pining for Knave of Hearts, this isnt your fix while its OOS). SMIDGE of patchouli is accurate and its buried pretty deep under the rose. Both the red currant and patchouli soften the bouquet, but only as background supporting players. This is a rose scent first snd foremost. But. beautiful one.  

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

In the bottle I get a beautiful fruity, velvety red rose with just a teensy hint of the patchouli. On my skin they are much more in balance. A beautiful woody (but not super-gnarly) patch base with velvety red rose. It is hard for me to pick the currant apart from the rose, it smells like one of those red roses that has a juicy, fruity sort of facet. Elegant, with a darkness.

I seem to be one of the odd ones out, as I did get dried rose, but only for a few fleeting moments. I smelled something lemony at first (the redcurrants?) but it eventually dried down to patchouli on my skin, and patchouli is a death note. I think something similar is in Bleeding Walls, because I get that on the drydown after the initial cherry goodness. 

Really was hoping this one might have had me come around on patchouli, too. This confirms that I need to avoid it at all costs.

gothy & roses. yup. a deep dark sexy red perfume. if you were hoping for sexy goth roses, you'll probably be more than happy!

also my bf compared this to baby powder as well while it was on my skin? (i cannot remember what baby powder smells like to verify whether that was at all accurate - he could be very wrong. he often has strange & interesting takes on what my perfumes smell like, so take that with a grain of salt perhaps. it WAS kind of powdery on my skin though!)

that's about all i have to say on this one - somehow, as sexy as they are, very "red" smells are just never really my thing.

this one is probably great for a lot of other people, i expect.

This is a rose soli-flor on me. I don't get any patchouli, just a high-pitched soapy rose. Body chemistry fail. Disappointing 😔

I wanted to love this so badly. I enjoy all these notes, especially patch and rose, so this was one of the Liliths that had me super excited. And while it's not a bad scent by any means, it just didn't live up to my hype.

Rose was there, but it was very faint. I think I got more of the currant over the rose. And I could smell the patchouli, but it was literally just a smidge like the description says on me. Very close to the skin, and it went powdery but I blame that on the rose. Smelled closer to a fancy soap, not this lush dark fruity rose I expected.

Might retest this in the future to see if aging improves this.

Another of the 2021 Liliths I immediately purchased a full bottle of, good grief.

In the imp: Rose and red currants.

Wet: More red currant than rose, though not for long; within a minute or two, the rose and patchouli dominate and the currants never truly make it out from under their weight again.

Dry: Half open red rosebuds, the patchouli from every new age store that ever existed, and juicy little current bops. Medium throw, wear time upwards of 8 hrs.

Stars: ★★★★½

This is a very tart rose and red currant scent with some brownish red patchouli that, at first, is content with its background role, but changes its mind and becomes more prominent with wear... never overtaking the tart rose, though.

This rose is too tart for me, but I'm glad I got to try this scent. While it's not for me, it is evocative of its inspiration!

Rosy, delicious, red currant, tart, hint of patchouli and a hint of of something sunny and lemony, but that could also just the high end of the roses. 

This is reading as really diffuse and sheer on me. Very Lilith-y sweet soft floral with little puff of patch. 

I'd recommend the patchouli-curious

Spoiler

I keep thinking Fate's Jester but v light with a touch of rose. 

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

I never really enjoy red currant because it's just so unbearably sour smelling to me, and it's definitely ruining this blend for me too.  In the bottle, I like the gothic scent of red rose and dry wood.  On my skin, this is immediately unbearably sour, like the olfactory equivalent of biting into a lemon, tinged red with rose and berry, and made worse with a really bone dry, bitter, woody note that turns sharp and peppery in the drydown.  My partner said it smelled like lemon pepper seasoning that went bad.

A decidedly un-sweet scent, but so lovely! On my skin this is a full bodied red rose with an under-currant (ha) of dark fruit. What takes my breath away is the wood effect that remains after the oil has dried - it really puts me in mind of a bouquet of roses on a coffin! Would not mind having more than a decant of this.