Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Nymphae Avernales

One of my favorite looks from Lilith’s horror catalogue. The scent of steel pins plunging into crystalline sugar and a spatter of black cherry cordial.

This is a very nice twist on a cherry scent. The black cherry in this one isn't nearly as strong as in Jack of Hearts. It's sweetened by the sugar, and made more sophisticated by the cologne-y steel pin note, which for once is not loud and sharp enough to induce a headache. :)  The cherry is the dominant note throughout wear, but there's plenty of sugar and steel as well. Yet despite containing traditionally strong notes, this scent stays close to the skin by the end of the day.

I really like this one and will need to give it a full day of wear on its on to decide whether or not I need to upgrade to a bottle, but I'll definitely be hanging onto my decant! Of the two cherry scents in this Lilith update, I appreciate this one most.

Oh, this one surprised me in such a good way! It's all sweet cherry candy on the skin wet, but later on, that steel note comes in and grounds it instead of clashing. I don't know if a bottle's in my future, but I do like it. It's kind of what I was hoping Bleeding Walls would be for me.

this one is super candy-like & sugary - totally not my thing! disappointing as i was hoping for a more mature cherry scent. 

it went kinda "cherry cough syrup" for me. the sugary sweetness was too much!

those who love sugary or candy-like scents would prefer this one!

I've had this bottle a couple months now so it's had time to settle and develop. As soon as I opened it, fresh from the mail, I was like NOOOOOOOOO....it's exactly like Bleeding Walls! Which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bleeding Walls, but was initially disappointed at having unwittingly ordered what seemed a dupe.

Then I did a side by side comparison...this is definitely the sweeter, more cheerful sister to the gloomier, gothier, creepier BW. It was only in comparison that I could actually pick out the bitter almond in the former.

Now for Nymphae Avernales....this is sugary-sweet, true CHERRY on me, and I'm not really sure what the "steel" aspect is, but there is something "chilly" in here that I suppose is that. 

As a lover of cherry scents, I'm a fan. 

Cherry candy and a hint of metal. This is basically cherry, a hint of metal, but its sugary and very cherry. Good throw and wear length.

Dark cherry candy covered in sugar! The steel is very faint on me, I'm getting way more of the cherry and sugar. It does go a little powdery near the end and the cherry morphs from candy to cough syrup. I can see some similarities to Bleeding Walls, but to me this is darker and more candy like. In my experience, Bleeding Walls is more medicinal and while it does go to a candy stage, Nymphae is way sweeter.

I prefer the cherry note in this over the one in Jack of Hearts.