Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Frostbite with Polar Bear Attack

There's strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold...

Frostbite w/PBA is minty and mossy. An mysterious combination of airy and earthy, zingy and grounded. Possibly some ozone? Never sure what ozone smells like but I feel like, if anything, it's this. I'm not finding the "coppery gout of blood" at all. There may be a bit of a redmusk rumble in the background serving the purpose, but it's faint.

This reminds me strongly of the discontinued General Catalog scent Cathode. The notes in Cathode are: "ambergris, spanish Moss, oakmoss and three electric mints". There are no literal notes listed for FBw/PBA, it's presented with poetic evocation, but this is quite similar. I dug through my BPAL box for an ancient imp of Cathode to do a side-by-side. Cathode is sweeter and longer-lasting, although much of that at this point may be due to aging.

I love this because I love mint! But mint, as a scent component, tends to disappear quickly -- it's very volatile. Blending it here with a mossy component TOTALLY works, it convinces the mint to stick around and results in one of the most wearable mint blends I've ever encountered.

If the blood note concerns you, you may want to stay away from this one. On me, it's mostly about the musky floral type of dragon's blood mingling with moss and a clean, yet mentholic snow note. It's more that type of dragon's blood than mentholic snow on me, buuuut dragon's blood is a tricky note with my skin chemistry. By the end of the day, I smell cedar, even though it is not listed among the notes. But it is a pencil-y type of cedar and not the bomb ass cedar from, say, Tombstone. Alas, this is... not my kind of icy scent.

Edited by doomsday_disco

There's got to be some sort of mint in this if it's reminiscent of Cathode, but to me? Straight up Mad Hatter, sans Pennyroyal and some powder. It's honestly just a very smart colougney coolness with musk. I'm not sure how much it helps, given that Mad Hatter seems to be a hidden gem, but the dry down is like a less powdery Mad Hatter here. Might not need more, but am def a fan of this!

This is a fruity, blood-tangy, chilly mint. I was reaching for the flowery aspect of Dragon's Blood, but this is the zingy tang of blood note, like the metallic effect I get from Galvanic Goggles or Roll the Old Chariot. 

I didn't get any blood at all, just mint initially. I swear it smells like a floral note mostly during this wet stage, I just can't pinpoint what flower it is. This isn't like a sugary sweet mint, it's actually really nice. After some time drying, I finally can notice the blood. To me, it resembles the blood in Stage Blood. It's slightly fruity but musky. The ice note takes over most of the fruit-like notes. 

Not sure why it sort of smells like snow covered flowers at times, but I like it! Wish that I got more of the blood over the ice, but I can always layer this with something else.