Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Rite of Passage

Do you like PSL? Do you like the way a PSL smells but don’t necessarily drink them? (That’s me!) This is the scent for you. It’s pretty straightforward, like sticking your nose into a fresh hot cup of PSL. It’s yummy. It lasts a few hours and then fades, so fear not on overpowering anyone with this. I love it. 

I tried Pumpkin Latte, in hair gloss and perfume oil form, and that one did not work on me. It was very spice heavy and the espresso ended up being too bitter. But I took a gamble on this because I'm always wanting a pumpkin spice latte scent (even though I'm a pumpkin chai drinker).

This does smell like a pumpkin spice latte, heavy on the pumpkin spice. It's one you got from your local coffee shop and isn't as sweet as the one at Starbucks (or even the one found in Miskatonic University's Pumpkin Patch!). I think it's the same pumpkin spice found in Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil, but the coffee in this is smoother than in Pumpkin Latte. The whip becomes more noticeable after a few hours of wear, but I wouldn't say it is a cream-heavy scent for those wary of cream notes.

This is a lovely pumpkin spice latte scent, and I am happy I grabbed a bottle! Now I can only hope that Pumpkin Snake Latte will be similar to this one. :cthulhu: 

I already own several different "pumpkin spice latte" scents from the lab and it always amazes me how different they all are. This one has a lot of spice! Actually not as sweet as I was assuming it would be. The pumpkin is a bit buttery. Vanilla is very tame. Not overly sweet! Layering could take it into either very gourmand territory (vanilla etc) or somewhere deeper and darker if one wished!

Edited by wolf_truffles

This is everything I like best about pumpkin spice lattes. It's pumpkin spicy in a way that smells amazing but might be a tad too much to drink. The sweetness level would be just right for drinking though. It's smoothed out and creamy without being cloying. I get very little coffee, and I don't mind that in a perfume. 

I agree about the pumpkin spice being very similar to that in Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil (which I also love and wear regularly). 

I had this on order when Pumpkin Snake Latte came out. I wondered then if I might need that. Smelling Rite of Passage, though -- on me, not just in the bottle -- I cannot imagine there being a better pumpkin spice perfume than this. 

Oh gosh, how does the vanilla manage to smell just like vanilla powder?

Spicy pumpkin latte (strong on the spice, faint on the coffee), whipped cream, and vanilla powder. Yum.

After drydown, though, the pumpkin spice stomps out everything else on my skin. I'll see how this settles.

If the words vanilla powder scare you, take heed. This is a powdery vanilla with lots of cinnamon and an artificial splash of pumpkin. A whiff of coffee in the background, but it's not the star of the show. This is nowhere near as thick and rich as Pumpkin Latte (of which I have a 2010 perfume oil and a 2017 hair gloss). Where Pumpkin Latte is syrupy and strooongly spiced, Rite of Passage is heavy on the cinnamon and cardamom and a definite powdered quality, which makes it good if syrups read poorly on your skin, but not as good if you're not into that dusty kind of effect.

I would know that this was Pumpkin Spice something but I would probably actually guess something like Pumpkin Spice Cardamom Cookie if I were blind guessing the name. It doesn't smell like a PSL to me, personally, but there's a decent amount of pumpkin here (albeit in "candle"-y form!) to make it a good fall choice.

Pumpkin Snake Latte is a zzzzzzillion times better than Rite of Passage, so it is getting the bottle and I'm keeping my Rite decant just to see how it ages!

This was more like a vanilla latte on me with a little of pumpkin spice not pumpkin. As it dried down the espresso note came out and lingered. It had decent throw but not very long staying power. Cute label. 

this is really weird on my skin - i think i am smelling mostly espresso, a little spice (not pumpkin though?) i would love to had gotten more of the vanilla out of this, but alas my skin hates me lol. i tend to amp spice notes however, so i cant say i’m too surprised 👻

Vanilla powder, very literally! Vanilla powdered creamer! In coffee! And fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. Not overly sweet, more...well...lightly spiced vanilla-powder coffee! I swear I've actually made and drunk something very much like this in our department break room, which usually has powdered creamer type things, and sometimes has seasonal coffee-pods for the Keurig.

I agree that it's a powdery, not sticky-syrupy scent, but I think I like that, because it's different - it's such a unique scent experience, and *exactly* what it says it is.

I get a ton of vanilla from this, and PSL, which ends up coding a a type of butter cookie on me. It smells like basically a spicy vanilla cookie. Medium throw and wear length.

Okay coffee blends usually dud out and go weird and toasty on me, but out of all of the ones released this year this one is my favorite. The vanilla in the beginning really does remind me of vanilla powder coffee mix and it's absolutely great.

Wish it stayed like that on the skin, but the coffee reasonably behaves. Probably another locket scent. May or may not get a bottle for the locket because that opening is just that freakin good. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Tooth achingly sweet vanilla with lots of cinnamon and nutmeg. The vanilla fades some when dry, but this stays heavily spiced.  I actually can't smell coffee in this at all.

I do like it, but I wish the vanilla stayed longer. And I wish I got some coffee from this, even if it was just coffee beans! I think PSL: Pumpkin Snake Latte from the 2021 Weenies was a better fit for me, but if you  think that scent is too much coffee, this would layer wonderfully with it!

Not even the double whip and vanilla can save this for me.  It's all cinnamon all the time, like I opened a jar of the dry spice and dumped it all over myself.  Intensely strong and starts to give me a headache after a while and makes me feel like I'm wearing holiday potpourri.

Cafe de olla for me. Coffee with cinnamon and sugar. Not getting much in the way of creaminess or pumpkin. The cinnamon is just very spicy and strong. I would maybe try to layer it with Jack if I wanted more PSL vibe. Really I think I’ll swap it because my skin is just amping the cinnamon.