Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

O Hushed October Morning Mild

Dried forest pansy leaves, grape vine, grass, lavender buds, thyme, creeping fig, paw-squished soil, and a whiff of coffee drifting down from the kitchen.

This is an absolutely gorgeous scent! Out of my Liliths and Weenies combined order, it was one that I was most looking forward to. The image painted in this perfume is very dear to me for sentimental reasons so I had high expectations and was hoping it was as lovely as it sounded!

O Hushed October Morning Mild didn't disappoint at all. It's green but it isn't sharp at all, and done in a way different from most green scents I own. It's cozy and has a bit of a creamy, fruity quality to it because of the fig. I'm instantly transported to the scene of this perfume when I put it on: bunnies and other fluffy animals running around in the woods, squishing the soil with their paws, coffee wafting through the air, the smell of the leaves and the grass and the earth. This is the coziest green perfume I've ever tried and I love it.

Hushed October is a dark green blend of a scent, reading as almost damp or swamp like. The greenery reminds me of swamp trees, but not the swamp itself.

Leaves, grass, damp soil, and a whiff of fig. 

In drydown I get a little coffee wafting in. Other than the coffee, this is a drastically different October smell than I'd find in my state. 🍂 

Eventually the damp soil mellows, and around that time I also lose the coffee, leaving an indistinct green scent.

Because October is in the name I was hoping for a more traditional fall scent, but this is more in line with BPAL's green florals. Has a very clean scent upon first whiff, but the other notes keep it from becoming soapy. It's very complex - it intrigues me, but I don't imagine myself wearing it much, at least right now, so I think I will save the imp and see if next October I find myself drawn to it.

Where is the coffee? Where is the dirt? Where is the woody thyme? 

This is a super bright green scent with a tinges of grapes. The grapes make the green “ bright” and “juicy”. Its girlish and playful. The thyme in this blend isnt lemony, but mint like. I prefer a dry earthier thyme, but, I think the fresher minty one enriches the playfulness of the vines,  grass, leaves and grape. 

Smells like spring.

I wanted Autumn.  Dry thyme, dead grass and dirt…. with a side of grape. Yup. I will keep my partial though, its super pretty to huff and throws strong. Plus, the dry down is so so so pretty. The green dissipates and you are left with a bright fruity grape and the minty thyme. Super gorgeous and what makes this scent for me a keeper even though it defied my expectations. .

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

Grass, dirt, thyme, and this ends up in a weird green springy, very Irish spring sort of grass. Great throw, medium wear length.

In the vial, I mostly smell the grape vine (with some grape), grass, and lavender.

On me, it's a very herbal, green scent, touched with fig and a bit of grape from the grape vine note.  It starts off more alive and green at first and then smells like a dry green scent by the end of the day. The dried pansy leaves aren't like the Lab's usual dead leaves accord, if that is worrisome to you. It does go soapy on me for some time as the thyme asserts itself with wear, but it veers out of that territory when the coffee final emerges after several hours (I was really thinking I wasn't going to get any coffee from this during the first few hours!). The lavender buds in this are very tame and not a main player on me, but I can pick them out in the background if I go looking for them.

This one didn't work for me -- at first, it was fruitier than I'd like, then it was too soapy for me, and then it got a bit too sharp in the end with the thyme and the dried leaves, but it was fun to get to try this morpher!

In the imp: Fig, damp flagstones spread with moss, grape, and the slightest waft of lavender.

Wet: The scent of a just-rained-on-herb garden: moist soil, dewy vines, fog and puddles. Maybe a hint of coffee and steam if I really sniff for it, so faint it could almost be imagined.

Dry: This one takes a happy place in the same mental bucket I stuck The Serpentine and Good Morning London - there's something so lovely about the fog-laden Liliths. It's all stalks and stems, and slightly dry branches crackling under the remains of a morning shower. Medium throw, long lifespan.

Stars: ★★★★

Soft, green, fruity and dewy. Grape never works on me, and it didn’t occur to me that there might be grapes on the vine. Actually, the fruit sensation is more like melon on my skin. Like Missanneshirleyofgg I wanted the autumnal notes — vines, soil, coffee, thyme — and got an innocent springtime meadow scent instead. Definitely pretty, but not what I was hoping for.