Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cerberus’ish 

Decant. Wet: A teeny weenie bit of spice, & buttercream. 

Dry: The spice is almost undetectable, so now it's just a general gourmand-y sweetness. I think my skin obliterated the honey, smoke & stick, because I never noticed those notes.

Late dry-down: sugar & white musk?

Not for me, darn it.

preconceived notions: woody marshmallow?

in the bottle: DAIRY. like opening a container of yogurt. this is really intense😬

on my skin: okay, the scary dairy is immediately gone and now i can pick up on butter, something lightly floral, and woodsmoke following afterwards. 

dry: no more floral, just an extremely savory, lightly spiced, buttered cream, and only when i put my nose on my skin do i get the burnt note. it’s fleeting and fades away fairly quickly, but i find the sweetness left on my skin to be much more comforting and wearable than the wet stage. 

edit: late dry-down: spices and cream 😋 

Edited by stainedglass_siren

In the bottle: Ooh-wee! That there is some milk ... er sour milk? Well, maybe not sour ... but in the process of turning? Background of spices and a little vanilla.

Wet on skin: The milk note is translating as more of a goat's milk or somewhat sour note, with sweet vanilla and spices. A slight indication of wood smoke is present in the background, but is fleeting.

Dry down: Sweet creamy vanilla with cardamon spice and maybe a whiff of smoke, which is so nuanced, I may be imagining it.

I'm surprised how strong the initial "milk" note presents in this blend - but thankfully it calms down and allows the sweet vanilla spice to come to the foreground. I'm a little surprised that there is little evidence of wood/stick as I think this would be a nice grounding force to the somewhat dessert like quality of the dry down. All in all, a sweet, slightly spiced blend.

When I first opened this, I got a BLAST of leather and honey. I am clearly imagining the leather note but it seems the "stick" is reading "charred woody leather" and it is strong. The honey and chai note are about as noticeable as the stick. The buttercream icing takes a backseat to the entire thing. Unsure of how I feel about it. It definitely smells like burning sticks. 

A light honey/buttercream perfume. Very pretty, reminds me of classic buttery cream blends like Chaste Moon. Not getting any chai really. There are definitely spicier blends out there. Maybe a hint of marshmallow but not giving “scorched” or “on a stick”. This perfume isn’t very strong on me. I might layer it. The chai does appear eventually but it’s very faint.

Cerberus'ish is very foodie.  I know, right?  Lots and lots of buttercream and honey up front, with just a hint of chai spice.  Once it dries down, I get roasted (but not scorched) marshmallow in addition to the buttercream, but I'm quite jealous of the people who got the smoke and the stick. 

I went back and forth so much on whether I should give this one a go. I'm a cat person but this label is one of the cutest dog pictures I've ever seen. All the notes seem fine, but I don't usually want to smell like a massive sugar bomb. But most importantly, channeling my inner doggo, I really wanted to know - will I get the stick??! 

Well my tail is wagging because this stuff is great. The rich buttercream is there at first, but my skin seems to eat that part and then it transforms into smoky chai stick time, with just a dab of honey. Easy to wear, unobtrusive, comfy cozy. 

When I tried this, I remembered all of the notes except the "scorched" part. After the chai spices, honey, and buttercream (maple flavored?) spent some time on my skin, I went back for another sniff... and I thought something in my house was on fire. Wow, that was realistic. I didn't really get the marshmallow part, just a heavily charred outer layer. Burnt stick would be pretty accurate, too. 

It's unusual for my skin, but the spices don't last long, and they're never very loud. The drydown is all maple syrup coated burnt stick. Can we get a plain old burnt stick perfume without the maple? 'Cause I'd totally wear that.