Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Place of Seeing

Mostly lavender!! An herbal, garden lavender. If you have ever picked some and rubbed it between your fingers for a sniff- it's exactly that. A bit of bergamot and a poofy backdrop of vanilla. Weirdly not getting anything else! 

This is amazing. I feel like if you missed out on the TAL Rose Tinted Mirror, this would have much the same effect. Better for me as it’s lavender instead of violet, though as usual the lovely lavender doesn’t last long on my skin. Soft sugary pink rose, marshmallow vanilla, just a cloud of lifted spirits. 

When I wear A Place of Seeing smells like the most heavenly iteration of exactly what I imagined after reading the notes. 

Generally I prefer darker autumn patchouli type scents, but am real finding myself drawn to the diffuse lavender carnation rose candy hint of musk scents in the Liliths, since these are generally hits but these notes tend to be weak, to my taste, in vintage bottles I've collected. Also, I'm not a rose hater, but I tend to be mixed on roses. Rose Quartz Bedroom was not my jam, but I'm really into A Place of Seeing. 

The lavender reminded me happily of the approachable sweetish van+lavender in Daybreak, another Lilith from years past that really surprised me. The sweet lavender, rose, vanilla, a little poofiness from the marshmallow and a hint of barely there bergamot.

This perfume is hella cute. I get slightly better than average length and wear, since I tend to burn through sweet florals. Surprise hit! I absolutely adore this scent. Really wonderful if you liked Daybreak and can jive with the notes.

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

This is pretty. Very airy almost other worldly sandalwood loosely grasps a bouquet of lavender and the memory of a a single rosebud. The marshmallow just adds some sweetness, blurring the edges of what can be herbal harshness of lavender. The entire scent is as if viewing the world through a blurred lens, as if you have softened the gaze of your eyes and removed the focus of vision, to only take in your overall surroundings and omit a focal point. It is not a skin scent, I find I need very little to enjoy this delicate fragrance. 

Wet - Complex sugared lavender blend.

Dry - There is something unique coming out of this, my ameture nose isn't sure what it is, maybe it's the bergamot?! but I'm liking it. It's pretty low throw, would make a great sleep scent.

I'm not mad I blind bottled this, but the one bottle will suffice.

I brought a bottle of this based on the reviews and it did not disappoint. 

My skin amps lavender so when first applied I get a burst of lavender followed by the subtle pink rosebuds then the marshmallow and amber. I really like the labs marshmallow note, it's not too sweet or overpowering. It's just a lovely soft, dreamy kind of marshmallow. 

After this settles into my skin I get the marshmallow, amber and sandalwood blending together so beautifully with hints of the floral- mostly lavender and the tiniest amount of pink rosebuds in the background. The marshmallow and amber stop this becoming perfumey on me. I can imagine wearing this alot because it would make a great every day scent. It is subtle but lasts a long time. I applied this to my neck and got some in my hair. It smelled so good all day. I'm beginning to wish I got more than one bottle.