Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Thirteen: LVB

A departure from our usual 13 offerings! This year, my baby turned 13, so this perfume is dedicated to Lilith. My baby, may this year bring you joy, good health, and good fortune that lasts all your life and through all the lives you ever live. Thirteen of Lilith’s favorite scents, all rolled into one chaotic, exultant mess: lavender buds, blue cotton candy, buttered popcorn, squished carnations, vanilla ice cream, sun-ripe strawberries, chocolate chip cookies, warm milk, honey sticks, yellow cake, steamed rice, fresh bread, and puppies.

I got my bottle today, so it hasn't rested very long but I couldn't resist a test. It's a morpher! Opens with a lovely candied fresh strawberry note (a strawberry dipped in hardened sugar syrup) and the cotton candy, with lavender to support the whole blend. After a while on the skin, I'm getting the honey and bread notes, a toasty note somewhere. And if I squint? Maaaaaybe a bit of corn chip for puppy feet. There's so much in here, it's one of the few blends with ten notes where I can smell each of them at some point. I just sniffed my wrist again and got the popcorn! It's such a cherry scent, needed after the rough day I've had. 

I am also testing this today despite receiving it only a few days ago. So far I’ve got mainly a blast of “baked strawberry” if I had to put my finger on it. There’s something bread like in the mix, and delicious jam. In many ways this is what I always want the Sufganiyots to be. (If you like those, you need to try this!) I agree with the above that it’s a cheerful scent. I suspect it will only get better as it settles!

This one is so much fun as it smells different every time I've tried it. The first day I had awful allergies and could only smell popcorn, but the next two times were much better. One time I got mostly blue cotton candy, strawberries, bread, and puppies. Another time it led off with chocolate chip cookies, cotton candy, and a little popcorn. I enjoy it though it's more foodie than I generally prefer. 

Would it be easier to mention what I am getting or what I'm not getting? I think I'm actually getting every single note if I look for it. Chocolate chip cookies and strawberry are probably what I get the least of. If I was to summarize: milky dessert, lavender blue in color. Puppies in the bottle only. I like this one! I love milky liliths scents (aoede, melete, mneme) although this one is sweeter and has more of a pastry quality. Like a purple mille-feuille with a carnation on top. I could sniff this all day long!

I expected this one to morph a lot more on me than it did, since it contains so many notes, but I'll retest this a few times to see if my experience remains the same or varies. At first, the strawberry is the strongest note, with just a smidge of chocolate chip cookie, but then the blue cotton candy shows up and becomes the dominant note on me, backed by a little strawberry. It's the same cotton candy from Thrills and Junk Food, which I love. During this phase, it kind of reminds me of Battle Fairy in Training with more of the blue cotton candy than the strawberry, and without the hint of mint. It remains like this for several hours, when the buttered popcorn joins in, along with the milk, and maybe a bit of rice? It ends up being a buttery, milky scent by the end of the day.

I love the blue cotton candy note in this, but I don't think I'd wear this over Thrills and Junk Food (why didn't you show up on me, lavender!?). I'm going to retest it a few times before it goes away before deciding if I need more or not, though. :) 

This went to the same strawberry cereal-milk place that Dies Patribus and Buck Moon 2021 went; less cute than Dies, which was to die-for gourmand breakfast crunchies, but more cute than Buck Moon, which was spit-up strawberry baby cereal. Thirteen lands in a meh place for me, where it's kind of just...there? Leaning towards the dairy milk side of things, which isn't great on my skin, whereas Dies Patribus had some kind of magical milk-cream note situation that wasn't strictly dairy and thus didn't sour on the skin.

I don't really get anything else besides strawberry cereal-milk (of the dairy variety) from Thirteen LVB. For all the wild notes listed, this is a surprisingly one-note perfume to me. No full size for me.

My first Thirteen scent, and wow I honestly don't know where to begin reviewing this. There's obviously a lot going on and this is a big morpher. It started off as a puppy fur scent, then it went to popcorn, vanilla ice cream cake with lots of icing, and lavender bread within the first few minutes of wear time. It's actually not as sweet as I expected, even with the abundance of foodie notes.

It eventually settled to a buttery bread, popcorn, and puppy combo. Which is still good, I am a huge popcorn fan, but I was anticipating more of the super sweet scents to stick around. In the bottle, I could smell just about every scent but the rice, carnations, and honey. But on the skin, I just got around half of the listed notes, and what did show up didn't stick around long enough for me.

I think I need to test this more to see if it changes. Resting might also help, because while I do like the smell, I would have rather had the strawberry cereal/cotton candy experience others have had based off of reviews.

It's a fun scent to try though. It reminds me of Lab Rat and Carnaval Rat with how much this shifts around. 

Lots of strawberry, cotton candy, and baked goods on first application. Strawberry and cotton candy fades and a bit of popcorn and bread comes out still backed by other baked goods. As you might expect, this morphs a lot. Theres persistently some baked goods but the florals and the strawberry which came back add to it.

This is really fun! Its a lot more wearable than I expected, too. If the majority of the list sounds good to you, you'll probably like it.

Oh, gosh! This seems to change every time I sniff my arm!

Going on, I got buttery popcorn and fresh-baked bread, and maybe cookies (because it's sweeter than bread or popcorn alone). Not necessarily *chocolate-chip* cookies, but cookies.

Then I got berries! Jam, strawberries, sugary fruit!

THEN I got...some sort of...milk-forward pastry dessert? Something you might get in a nice restaurant that was trying something playful - I think maybe this is some combo of ice cream, milk, cake, cotton candy, the cookies again, and the berries plus sweet lavender?

Then it seemed to almost fade away, and I was worried it wouldn't be very long-lasting, but just now I moved my arm and this lovely sweet lavender + candied strawberry + baked goods + buttery popcorn scent wafted up!

I'm liking all the stages so far - this might be my surprise favorite of my Lilith order! I don't ever really get *chocolate* specifically (though I do get cookies!), or the carnation, and I'm not sure what the 'puppy' note is in here, and I think the honey sticks and the rice are getting subsumed into, respectively, 'sweetness,' and 'baked goods/dessert/rice pudding'. But overall it's a fascinating shifting sweet-gourmand-baked goods + sweet lavender + candied fruit scent, which I really like!

I don't even know how to review this because it's a different ride every time I try it! What I don't get out of this: chocolate chip cookies, rice, bread or carnations, but I suspect they're rolled into some of the other notes. When I first apply, I think what I get is a combo of popcorn and blue cotton candy, then strawberry comes in. It's so hard to describe this one, but I know I like it, it's fun and uplifting, and if I go to sleep wearing it, I wake up smelling like a strawberry jelly donut. So that's a win.

Milk, honey, rice, popcorn, hints of fruity sugariness. But its basically a sweet rice pudding blend to me. Good throw and wear length.

I get fruity steamed rice on my skin. This blend is a like a lottery...you can't quite predict what you gonna end up with in the end 😁

This smells simultaneously really good and really off to me lol. The buttered popcorn and warm milk are almost a bit too buttery and almost sour but the addition of the other notes really saves the scent. I get a ton of sweet strawberry and cake as well and the bread note. The lavender and cotton candy are really fuzzy and mixed together. This is a strange scent. 

This has a craft store potpourri smell on me, sort of plasticy and quite spicy, which surprised me.  I guess the spice is coming from the carnation, but it smells like a cheap mulled apple cider candle more than carnation to my nose.  The only other note that I can discern is the strawberry and it reminds me of strawberry gummi candy, very sweet and artificial.  This has so many scents that I love in it, but it's a pretty big letdown for me :(

I felt like reaching for a random decant for my sleep scent tonight, and 13: LVB is what I got!

This scent reads as VERY foodie to me! Without looking at the notes the first thing that came to mind was POPCORN! It's buttery, a bit salty, but not overwhelmingly so, and there is this juicy and sugary sweetness that's in there too, which really balances the salty popcorn. Kinda makes me feel like I'm at the movie theater after dropping hella money on snacks at the concession stand 😂

I looked at the notes after and I was like a-ha! That juiciness I'm getting is probably from the sun ripe strawberries, and the sugary sweetness from the cotton candy! Yummy. So those 3 notes are basically what I smell the most out of this blend. I like it, because I like foodie scents. I probably wouldn't pick this as a SLEEP scent though, because now I am hungry. 

I think I can sort of whiff out some baked bread in here too, a savory loaf, SOMETIMES the sweeter chocolate chip cookies. But no matter how hard I'm sniffing to look for them, I am not finding the lavender or the carnation. Nor do I get yellow cake, milk, icecream, rice, or honey sticks! Reading through the reviews for this one is super interesting though and kinda crazy. Seems like we're all picking up on different notes, I'm gonna bring this along with me next time I see my SO and ask him what he smells lol!

This is SO weird lol. It's fun in the same way that re-discovering your middle school jelly bracelets is fun. It's nostalgic, reminds me of being a preteen(fitting considering it's Lilith's favorite things) 

It's a jumbled up mishmash of blue cotton candied strawberries and lavender mostly. 

Then the fruity gives way to a salty honey scent. The honey in here really smells like fresh honey sticks! 

The background is always present but just not as much? 

The background notes are salty rice, chocolate musk, and a feral animal fur note. 

Oddly it also kind of reminds me of being at a fair with the smell of candy on your breath and a slight air of human mustiness lingering. It's cute like a young kid playing with puppies.

this is weird as hell but I like it.

it smells like going to the mall in 2009.

you've got the Bath and Bodyworks wafting at you from one side, the food court popcorn/pretzel smell threading through, and the candy shop that sells 10,000 kinds of jellybeans.

I hate fruit notes in perfume, but here is just kind of adds to the bizarreness of it.

I cannot stress how much this smells like a mall. I'm clutching my little Hot Topic bag as my mom leads me to the big sale going on at the Old Navy. 

I like it, but it's such an intense nostalgia wave that I risk descending into melancholy by wearing it.

This is quite perfumey. I was expecting a weird gourmand, and while there are wafts of that it really does smell like a perfume ya know. The drydown and subsequent mellowing becomes a bit more of a traditional cotton candy musk perfume.

This perfume reminds me HEAVILY of Solstice Scent's Foxcroft Fairgrounds, which is one of my all-time faves. But this one is a more childlike/whimsical variant.