Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Account

in search of cherry slushie perfume...

Hi! I got an imp ear of what was labeled as The Red Queen, that essentially smelled only of bright cherry slushie/ cheap but delicious neon red maraschino cherries. The perfume remained pretty much exclusively cherry in dry down but a little less abrasive than in the imp. It is totally clear in color. Because I loved the imp I purchased a full-size Red Queen but found it to be a different, though still pleasant scent with very little cherry and dark amber/ honey in color. What I'm hoping people can tell me is if I need to repurchase Red Queen/ if it's usually cherry forward/ clear and I just got a unusual mix or if they know what the scent in my possibly mislabelled imp ear is. I have other imps of Blood Kiss and Cherry Cream Pie Chypre, so I know it's neither of those. Please help!

Did you get an aged imp? Perfume samples tend to age differently than bottles, and there are also batch variations, so it is possible that the imp had more cherry but the bottle happened to be stronger on the woods. On me, The Red Queen starts off as heavily cherry but ends up being pretty strong on the woods.

I don't think the Lab has a cherry slushie perfume. :think:  There are several past cherry LEs, but nothing that's specifically cherry slushie to my knowledge. Some people got cherry slushie from Chattering Teeth, though.

Like doomsday_disco says, I don't think there's a cherry slushie blend. There's cherries and snow, i.e. His Own Heart Laughed (albeit bath oil). But now I want to find a decant of Chattering Teeth to know😬

Reminds me of Blood Squib or maybe even the GC Black Phoenix? I get massive cherry slushie vibes from both of those!

Champagne & Maraschino Cherries and Blood Popsicle both come to mind. Maybe even those two layered (which I can check on and report back…reporting back: oh yeah, that’ll do the trick )!

Edited by BoneBone24

Thanks everyone! I'll check out all the suggestions : ) I got both the imp and bottle recently so I assumed it was a mislabeling rather than separate batches/ aging but who knows? Might save up and try my luck again but I feel a little goofy getting two identical perfumes so I thought I'd grab advice here first! I'm obviously very new here, but if this post stays up and others have recs please keep dropping them ) thx!

Sign in to follow this