Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wasteland World goes on as leathery motor oil and smoky, BBQ-like cedar. Behind the smokiness, I also get lots of gasoline. It's mostly the leather, gasoline, and motor oil in the throw, but there's lots of smokiness up close. This type of smokiness is a bit much for me, and it made me think that I was fortunate to dodge a rare bullet. But then. But then. It morphs, and the smokiness largely subsides and reveals a lovely light, dusty, sweetened cedar that made me understand why Puddin said it reminds him of Tombstone. The much lighter leather and skin musk cozies up to it, so that it's a darker, more desert-y, less sweet relative to that scent. I love Tombstone, so I love the final morph of this.

Thank you to the lovely BPALer who sent me some of this to try. :heart: 

i mosly agree with doomsday_disco. Goes on very smoky BBQ-like cedar. That stays but tames a bit. I get a touch of gasoline underneath, but that fades. maybe some oil. maybe leather. It's hard to tell with all that BBQ-cedar. Good throw but doesn't last that long. I too am grateful to the person who sent me a tester, and am glad I dodged a rare bullet.

This smells like motor oil, smoke, and a wee bit of leather. But yes, motor oil. Good throw and wear length.

So glad that I was able to score a bottle of this!  It's very much in line with the other steampunky offerings by the Lab.  In the bottle:  Getting something like the old creosote-treated railroad ties, and a hint of motor oil.  On, wet:  The motor oil note really opens up, along with a quick blast of leather.  Drydown:  Not really getting a lot of the promised botanicals; but I DO get a lovely perfect blend of leather, machine shop oil, and a bit of that creosote and dust thing.  Really liking it!  It really nails the "grease" note!

Edited by Threemoons