Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Harvest Moon 2021

This year’s Harvest Moon is a swirl of late-autumn leaves surrounding the last stone fruits of summer.

I'm a big fan of how this scent has turned out! In the bottle it smells very strongly of both fruit and leaves and came across as kind of sour, but once I put it on it softened quite a bit and once it dried it became phenomenal. I think I can detect apricots, pears, and peaches. Maybe a hint of cherries? Something reminds me of apples as well. As for the dead leaves, they became more sun-warmed over time. Not sour at all.

All in all it has a very cozy, pastoral vibe about it.

My observations regarding this scent are similar. Fresh in the bottle, I was disappointed by what smelled like a Dead Leaves SN. I have plenty of dead leaves as well as last years October and Samhain. it reminded me of those so much that it almost immediately went to the destash.  Then I considered that and remembered it was unfair to judge a fresh perfume without giving it time to rest.

Magic occurred during the recent days. Fruit has emerged, and it is much stronger, pleasant however, in that way that makes me feel like I'm standing beneath a peach tree surrounded by dropped, ripened peaches, and autumn leaves have already begun to dry and fall. Today, roughly 72 hours after that, I notice another fruit has come forward with the peach. I can't quite name it, but I do believe after reading the previous poster's review that it may be the apricot. If cherry appears also, I'll be ecstatic. 

I rarely buy the lunacy scents, but with the description of late autumn leaves and stone fruits, this was a must for me. I adore Beth's leaves notes, and stone fruit includes peach and plum, which are big hits for me as well.

In the bottle, there is that dead leaves note that I love! I barely detect fruit. Once on my skin, however, this blooms into a gorgeous scent, exactly as I had hoped. The fruit comes forward, and I feel like I get a well blended melange of peach, apricot, and plum. I am not detecting cherry. It's as if I am standing in a crisp pile of autumn leaves that is near a fruit stand holding ripened stone fruits. So happy that I bought this! It's just perfect for warm September days. 

First, I'm greeted with the Lab's dead leaves, which doesn't tend to work for me, but this was an obligatory 'I bought the shirt, so I must try the scent' decant. It is accompanied by a burst of bright nectarine, and then some juicy peach joins these notes. Then it becomes juicy peach backed by some somewhat cologne-y dead leaves. But eventually, the cologne-y leaves take over on me. Boooo.

If you can wear dead leaves and enjoy peach, this might be up your alley. It would be a nice transitional scent between summer and fall.

In the decant, this is a really interesting mix of bright, juicy peach and plum notes and the Lab's dead leaf note -- deep, earthy, and a little vegetal. It's almost like they don't blend per se, but my nose keeps alternating between noticing one note then the other as I sniff it. The interplay between these two things is really intriguing in the decant, but it goes horribly wrong on my skin -- it dries down to what I can only describe as sour kitty litter on my skin. This isn't the first time peach has gone wrong on my skin when paired with the wrong things, so this may not be your experience if peach is a consistently good note on your skin.

I love this one. Perfect blend of leaves and fruits, more apricot than anything, I think. I have been overwhelmed by scent lately, but this is not overwhelming at all. Just lovely.

Dead Leaves and a fruity oudh. This smells like dead leaves and pear rot, and dries down to dead leaves with a fruity oudh. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle: The classic dead leaves frm the October blends, underscored by a slightly sickly plum and cherry, and a sweet alcoholic note.

Wet: A cornucopia of fruit! Plum and peach at first, tempered by a slowly-emerging apricot (more blossom than fruit) and an almost-spicy note that hints at star anise and cherry wood but never quite becomes either. I love it. This is exactly what I was after with Kyoto (and Kitsune-Tsuki, for that matter). No oudh and no pear - which I'm very thankful for, as I don't like either. 

Dry: Almost chypre-like - a leafy base, but laden with remnants of sugary fruit pulp. Strong-ish throw.

Stars: ★★★★★

Edited by alyelle

Okay I might be crazy (“might”- ha!), but I don’t get the dead leaves note (the trademark bell pepper esque, cologne type scent that’s definitely in my 2021 Dead Leaves, Pumpkin, Peppercorn bottle). To me, there’s almost a clean linen note in this? Like fresh laundry hung up on the line outside in the middle of an orchard. I get plum and peach as far as the stone fruits note goes. There’s something clean and soft and comforting about this one, I’ve been wearing it a lot this season.

Edited by Tiobe