Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A restorative sleep blend.

This oil contains lavender, hops, Roman chamomile, vetiver, vanilla absolute, and blue tansy.

This is a very, very gorgeous sweet lavender in a light fuzzy cloud! II don't know if it's the chamomile and tansy or the power of suggestion, but when wet I'm getting a crispness that reminds me of iced tea. Dry it goes a bit powdery, which I love in a sleep scent.

Sopor is in the same family as TKO, but lighter and less marshmallowy. It's also much less sharp than the lavender-floral-woodsy delights I've tried from BPAL (No Coward Soul is Mine, Gaueko). If you are a lavender lover like me, highly recommend! 

Lavender marshmallows. 

I LOVE this blend. I usually run (quickly) away from lavender blends, but the lavender here is fresh, without the sharp medicinal note I get from most lav scents. 

All the other notes bend together into fluffy sweet pillows. 

There are whole buds floating in my bottle!!

Verdict is still forthcoming on whether it helps my sleep (it has been a very stressful week, so hard to gauge), but I definitely look forward to slathering myself with Sopor before bed! 

In the bottle, it's a gentle dark lavender. Freshly applied on my skin, it's a lot more ... herbal? It has more in common with Dreams Shape The World (which is sharper) than TKO, but it's still very different..

Once I've gone to bed, it develops this powerful, heady, almost opium-like cloud raising from my wrist that is completely different from the bottle. I remember thinking the first night that there was kind of a camphor aspect to it - which is, apparently, the blue tansy. Not lavender marshmallows by ANY measure. But it is indeed soporific! It doesn't make me sleepy or relaxed wearing it before bed, but I've worn it the last two nights and I have gone to sleep and STAYED asleep (other than a cat stepping on my face at 5am).

I can never have enough lavender sleep blends! They really do help me fall asleep easily. And the lab offers such a great variety within this category. No two are identical. Here I love the blending of lavender with sweet vanilla and the bright floral tansy note. It's so happy and comforting. Sweet dreams assured with this one!

Pillowy lavender and vanilla. This smells like a souped up version of TKO. It's sweet, pillowy, and lavender floral. 

I was super wound up last night, and just starting to huff this on hands helped calm me down and settle into a groove so I could go to bed.

In some ways, this is like a kissing cousin to a lunar dream tincture I got from Beth ages ago. The tincture is much more intense, like if it knock you the hell out, whereas this is much more gentle and lulls you into sleep as opposed to clobbering you into unconsciousness. 10/10 may purchase more.

This is one of my favorite sleepy time blends, and one day I'll be able to compare this to TKO. It's definitely sweeter in the bottle than on my skin, but all around cozy. The lavender's not sharp but I wouldn't call it sweet either; mild i think is the word I want. I do like the blue tansy in this as it makes this blend stand out from the rest of my other sleepy lavender blends. I'm really tempted to get a second bottle or three because I do sleep nicely with this.

Ok, i'm a ghost. Going to say it but this is so much like The Serpentine. If you loved that one, missed that one or simply adore epic cozy hugged blends, you need dis. NOW! Do not hesitate because it will be gone in a flash POOF~:violin:

As the scent goes: Lavender! So much lavender. There's also a little bit of poofy vanilla, but this is a much more herbaceous scent than TKO. The hops and tansy are adding to the stronger, more herbaceous impression the lavender gives. If you find TKO a little too sweet, this would be a great alternative. I'm a notoriously light sleeper and I do seem to wake up less frequently when I use this. I like this enough as a sleep blend that I'm seriously considering a backup. (As a side note, this blend has more plant material in the bottle than any TAL I've tried so far! Lots of lavender buds letting you know this blend will involve a good punch of lavender.)

energetically: while this doesn’t make me sleepy, I’ve found that it is a calming oil for me. It brings a smile to my face when I wear it, and I’ve taken to wearing it when wanting to feel a little boost of happy. I have worn it to bed several nights, since my sleep is often disturbed and erratic, but haven’t noticed much of a change in th sleep department. Sometimes oils of intent are useful in other ways, so for me, it will be my oil of happy!

scent: smooth lavender, creamy vanilla, (how is there) marshmallow??, and straight up flippin magic

Sweet, deep lavender and herbs. I love wearing it to sleep, it always feels like a treat!