Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Trumpet Honeysuckle & Lemon Beebalm

The duets are always beautifully blended, but never before have I smelled one quite so lovingly intertwined as this honeysuckle and bee balm duo. The honeysuckle is sweet and almost ephemerally light, and the deeper, greener bee balm grounds and anchors it. It’s earthy without being in-your-face dirt, herbal (but not medicinal or astringent) and overwhelmingly, breathtakingly, transcendentally growing and alive. It’s late spring or early summer in my mom’s garden, first thing in the morning before the sun rises too high over the trees and it’s all warm and green-golden. Gorgeous, and I need more bottles.

If you like Planting Moon and other similar scents, smash that add to cart button while you can!

Lovely lemony herbal when wet, not sharp lemon like lemon juice, more muted & softer. As it dries the honeysuckle peeks out but the lemon stops it from getting too sickly sweet. An instant win.

The honeysuckle and lemon combo in this reminds me strongly of those two notes in Blueberry Picking, so if you're dying to try that or are looking for a replacement and happen to have another blueberry-forward scent to layer this with, you might be able to produce a similar result!

This is all beautiful honeysuckle, brightened and kept in check by the lemon bee balm, which complements it perfectly and does not smell sharp or like lemon cleaner at all. The scent stays like this for several hours, but eventually the honeysuckle overtakes the lemon bee balm and it becomes a very heady honeysuckle scent. But for most of the wear, when the lemon bee balm is cozying up to the honeysuckle, it is summery honeysuckle perfection.

I'm going to have to deathmatch this with the Lab's Wild Honeysuckle SN in order to decide whether or not I need both, but this is really lovely. 

Trumpet honeysuckle & lemon bee balm is lemony, smooth honeysuckle. It's fresh. The bee balm keeps the honeysuckle from being heady and the lemon isn't going pledge. This is a cousin to Shanghai.

I get a honeyed lemon peel from this. Honeysuckle is honeyed, but the strongest note for me is the lemon bee balm. Medium throw and wear length,.

This vibrantly yellow oil is reminiscent of Lemon Sticky Bat - sweet, tart lemonade -- but with the addition of a pleasant honeysuckle floral background. Since I love Lemon Sticky Bat AND I love honeysuckle, it’s a win-win. So sunshiney and summery and sweet together, these notes.

Lemon slaps me in the face immediately when I sniff, and on skin.  It takes almost twenty minutes for it to die down enough for me to smell honeysuckle, which I love , but nowhere near as strong as the lemon.  Probably good as a layer with another scent, but on its own? Lemon candy.  And about half an hour after I swiped it on, it seems to be fading.  Definitely the same as zankoku_zen's comments.

My skin makes lemon scream, and this is screechy lemon on me. A little more sweet than astringent. Maybe a little floral something if I try to find it, but pretty singularly lemon city.

My experience with this scent is most similar to doomsday's and biggnerd's above. The duet goes on super heady honeysuckle, but that tones down and gets balanced out by the lemon beebalm, which really smells like you just tore or crushed a leaf from the plant. The honeysuckle is the slightly stronger of the two throughout wear. Very pretty. Reminding me in the depths of winter that summer is coming around again.

On me, this one is distinctly floral, heady, slightly indolic honeysuckle brightened up and balanced out with herbaceous, green citrus notes. The beebalm is distinctly lemony but not aggressive, and is herbal in a way that reminds me of verbena. Bright, sunny, and green in a way that makes you think of summer and growing things.

I don't have much to add, the above reviews are similiar to my experience. The lemon bee balm comes across like if the herb lemon balm was more realistically lemony, or if lemon verbena was more like lemon, so theres an herbal edge somewhat. The honeysuckle is heady, I currently get it more in the final drydown.

This is more like what I wanted out of New Orleans, a heady, deep, realistic honeysuckle that isn't too soapy. Very timeless, lovely, and underrated in my opinion. It skyrocketed above many of my favorite florals from BPAL. Great job, Lab!